IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Jack all the way Tigers good but also over hyped IMO

66 pga tour titles! 14 majors! enough said!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Jack was the best at the way golf was played in the 60s and 70s with his fade and 1 iron in the bag and Tiger is the best at the way golf is played now, 300+ drives and wedges spinning back into the hole

Wasn't Alive For Jack... Gotta Say Tiger...
Monster XLS
Sumo Squared Hybrids (17* 20*)
Pro Combo OS (4-PW)
Victory Red Wedges (56* 60*)
Unitized Leo E5+

Definitely Tiger for me!!

Mizuno MX500 10.5*
Mizuno Hi-Fli CLK 20*
Mizuno Hi-Fli CLK 26*
Nike Pro Combo 5-PW
Mizuno Black Ox 52* & 56*

I think the question should be, will there ever be anybody as good as tiger?

'08 Tour Burner
CGB Max 3W
R7 Draw 3H
CCI Forged 4-PW
GigaGolf 50°, 56°, 60° Newport Detour 2.5

i would have to say tiger woods. it could be due to the younger generation but when they hear the word, "golf" they associate the word with tiger.

i dont know much about jack

I think the question should be, will there ever be anybody as good as tiger?

There was a reason that Tiger had posters of Jack on the wall. That reason - Jack was the greatest golfer of all time (considered by many). Maybe this is a 3 part question 1.) Who's the greatest ever and 2.) who's the greatest today and 3.) It is the same person?

This is my first post here now on that note - i was not alive when jack played so i cant really compare but seeing tiger now is just amazing, But when trying to compare the 2 i would have to go tiger all the way just based on what he has done so far and the levels he can reach

Considering new Woods what you think ?

Driver launcher 10.5
Irons Cg gold 5-10
Hybrids R7 cgb max Wedges CG12Putter Newport 2 mid slantBalls Nxt extremeConsidering new Woods what you think ?

I honestly think Jack is the one. Take Tiger back to the 50,s-60's and 70's and imagine, would he be as good with the equipment available in those days?

I don't think you can compare the 2 of them really. They played in different generations so it's hard to say who was really better. Comparing the greatest players of any generation really comes down to comparing their competition which is a difficult task in itself. It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Kobe or LeBron. All great players, but who's the best??? Many would say Jordan and with good reason. The clutch play, the championships, and he was doing things that nobody really did before him. But would Jordan stand out in today's NBA? I really don't know since the players are so much more athletic now as opposed to when he was playing so it's hard to say.

Jack and Tiger are both the greatest players of their generation...who's better? We'll never really know.

If I absolutely had to pick one I would say Tiger. Reason being his athletic skills are just outstanding in my opinion.

I'm a little bit older guy, getting back into golf after many years away from the game (about 20). Tiger might be the greatest, but the poll said, "I like Jack the best." When I was golfing a lot, Jack was king of the tour, so I even though I'm just reminiscing, Nicklaus will always be "the best" to me.

Rochester

Tiger brought some major recognition to Golf.

In my Walter Hagen T3 Stand bag:
FT-iZ 10° Driver
Walter Hagen T3 3-Wood
FYbrid 18° 5-Wood
Walter Hagen T3 i3, i4 & i5 HybridsWalter Hagen T3 6-PW IronsWalter Hagen T3 SWWalter Hagen T3 "Alignment" Putter

A very difficult question...its hard to compare the two with such a generation gap. I grew up watching Tiger but always hearing about Jack, so to me theyre both the greatest of their time, and both have a strong argument for greatest of all time.

I think Tiger is a more skilled player. However, Tiger was basically built to dominate golf. He treats golf like an enemy that needs to be beat into submission.
Although, that 1 iron Jack stroked to an inch on the 218 par3 was epic.

Haven't read all the posts here but Jack and Tiger are definitely extraordinary golfers. But there have been more of those that merit recognition, starting with young Tom Morris, Harry Vardon, Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan.....

Young Tom Morris intimidated his opponents in match play by walking to the next tee after he struck some long putts and asked his caddie to pick it up when it would fall into the cup. Needless to say he made these putts!

Jones is the only one to win the Grand Slam and retired at 28. What can you ask for more.

Ben Hogan won three of the four majors (PGA was played at the same time as the British Open). He only competed in that one Open and won! He didn't have a knee operation but got hit by a bus that kept him out of the game for some time and damaged his legs badly, also his eyesight.

Hogan, Jones and Morris are often dismissed in these "best player" polls, don't know why?

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1