IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Take both golfers in their primes, similar equipment, and put them on the same golf course........Tiger hands down

Agreed. Jack did some great things with busted ass equipment and much less level of technology, but Tiger is just a phenominal athlete. His game seems to be struggling as of late, though.

I would have to go with Tiger. However, so far the fact he can not hit a fairway lately is a little worrysome.

Dont worry! as tiger said in his interview after yesterday 'dont worry ill sort myself out'!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Agreed. Jack did some great things with busted ass equipment and much less level of technology, but Tiger is just a phenominal athlete.

yes it is but it just shows how phenominal he is that he isnt playing well and still hasnt finished outside the top 10!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Both are the best of their era, and probably any other as well. However it is Jack until Tiger can match his longevity and pass his records.

Jack seemed closer to his competitors than Tiger does. Or Jack had better competitors. Not sure that elevates Jack, or the field. But it was thrilling to watch Jack in his prime against all the remembered and forgotten greats. The record book will show who is best, but for entertainment value, IMO they are tied so far.

PS: The media today is much more aggressive at building up players' reputations when they do not deserve it and far too early...like Kim, like Camillo, etc. In Jack's day, this didn't happen. Phil, Furyk, Cink, and handful of others are the only ones who have truly proven their media hype to be even close to true, and they have fallen woefully short of Tiger. The only major player who is religiously ignored by the media is Vijay, who had a blistering 67 at Sunday's PGA to come in right behind Tiger in 9th.

I never got a chance to see Jack Play only saw highlights. I am in the era of tiger woods, so IMO... He is the greatest during my era

Two totally different dynamics of golf here. Sure Tiger can grip it and rip it, but he had to learn how to scramble much more then Jack ever did. Jack was a more consistent player... greens and fairways, but overall I think we all lucky to of been able to see both play either live or on replay. Both are exceptional in there own right, and I don't think either would consider themself better then the other.

I've seen replays of Jack's game. He was amazing! It makes you wonder how he would do with today's technology... would he be better?

Last time I saw Tiger play I have to admit that I agreed with the NBC (i think) announcer that he didn't look like he was putting much torque on that knee. He's still being very careful with it. But can you fault him?

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

Tiger, only because I don't know who Jack Nicklaus is (let the flaming begin). I promise to wiki his name if you think it's that important that I know.

who joins a golf forum and doesnt know the golden bear

who joins a golf forum and doesnt know the golden bear

Like the Sandlot when Smalls didn't know who Babe Ruth was......

In the Hoofer:

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Fairway: 904F 13*
Irons: S59 (2-PW) Black DotWedges: Vokey SM (56.10) (60.04)Putter: Scotty Cameron CatalinaBall: ProV1