IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

I wasn't alive at jack's prime so I go with tiger being the greatest golfer, also tiger can rip it further, has a better short game, and he's a built athlete, what else is their to say?

Jack had tougher compettion and won 18 majors but even more unbeliveable he finished second something like 15 times!!
  • Upvote 1

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

At this moment, i think it is too early to tell...tiger has only played for 7 years so just give it time
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Tiger is a phenomenom, and an inspiration to many and i am in no doubt that he will pass jack's 18 major milestone, he is in my opinion the best, and will continue to be for many years.

p.s is there anyway to make the 'in the bag' stuff appear on every quote?

• Administrator
Jack had tougher compettion and won 18 majors but even more unbeliveable he finished second something like 15 times!!

I don't think Jack had tougher competition. I think that's an old-timer speaking about "the way things used to be" a little bit.

I think Tiger is the best. But that's if you look at it at this point in their careers. Tiger still has a ways to go and a pace to maintain to keep that title in my eyes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think we can really tell just yet...Tiger still has a bit of work to do, but I think he'll catch Jack.

p.s is there anyway to make the 'in the bag' stuff appear on every quote?

At the top there is a 'USER CP' button. Click on it and then go to 'Edit Signature'...that should do it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I saw some of Jack at his best, but there is something that Tiger has that others dont. It is a certain intangible. I dont think, when it is all said and done, anyone will hold a candle to him

I think tiger is better because
1) His swing is more consistent and mechanically correct
2) Tiger has a better short game and imagination

I think tiger is better because

I hate to give you grief here. However, you earlier stated that you never saw Jack in his prime. How can you say those things? In addition, you talked about how far Tiger hit the ball. If Jack had the same equipment as Tiger, at the same age, he'd hit it just as far. Before courses were "Tiger proofed", they were "Bear proofed". Jack hit 300 yard drives off the screws; not off of titanium.

Finally, you talked about Tiger being "he's a built athlete". Well Jack started winning Majors looking like Phil. He got leaner as he matured.

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

I agree but now with Earl gone I wonder how it will affect his dedication to the game.All of a sudden he is bungee jumping and stock car racing in the middle of the season.Since he got married he seems to want to pursue other intrest besides golf.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
I agree but now with Earl gone I wonder how it will affect his dedication to the game.All of a sudden he is bungee jumping and stock car racing in the middle of the season.Since he got married he seems to want to pursue other intrest besides golf.

Those two things were effectively part of the Stevie Williams bachelor party. I don't think his attention has shifted from golf. He was married before he had a phenomenal 2005, you'll recall.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I believe that the only fair thing to do is compare the numbers of each golfer to the other. Take the first seven years of Jack's career and put them next to Tiger's. You cannot argue with numbers. Each played in a different era. They are both icons for their sport. It would be very cool to see them go head-to-head when both were say 25 years old though. To hard to choose.

In The Bag:Driver: Srixon W-403 9.5 StiffFwy: #4 V-Steel Graphite StiffIrons: Srixon I-403 3-PWWedges: Rac Satin 52,56,60Putter: Hawk Bettinardi Model 11 35"Ball: Srixon Z-URS

• Administrator
I believe that the only fair thing to do is compare the numbers of each golfer to the other. Take the first seven years of Jack's career and put them next to Tiger's. You cannot argue with numbers. Each played in a different era. They are both icons for their sport. It would be very cool to see them go head-to-head when both were say 25 years old though. To hard to choose.

Why the first seven years? Tiger has been on Tour for nearly ten.

Because 7 is my favorite number. Anyway you get the point, take the number of years Tiger has been on Tour and compare the numbers each has put up. Then you should have a mathematical answer to the question. Earnings obviously cannot be compared.

In The Bag:Driver: Srixon W-403 9.5 StiffFwy: #4 V-Steel Graphite StiffIrons: Srixon I-403 3-PWWedges: Rac Satin 52,56,60Putter: Hawk Bettinardi Model 11 35"Ball: Srixon Z-URS

• 3 weeks later...
I still believe it is impossible to compare players from different eras playing different balls, clubs, with different course conditions. I do believe that if Jack were the same age as Tiger he would be taking advantage of current advances in fitness, equipment, video and teaching. Given all these things I believe that these two men are basically even. Two great minds, can anyone say who's is the best? Jack defined the modern game. Tiger really has only refined Jacks style of play. Tiger has the advantage of playing after Jack so that his records exist to pursue and to be used as motivation. Tigers greatest contribution may well be his foundation and ability to attract new groups to golf.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I agree generally that it is too early in Tiger's carreer to tell. The mark of a great champion in golf is longevity and consitency. Tiger has many years to go and it may well be proved over the next decade or two even that Tiger is the greatest, but only time will tell.

I do know that Tiger has had his eye on Jack with determination ever since he was an adolescent. He had posters on his walls of Nicklaus' records and and studied books and articles about him. That ingrained determination could carry him a long way toward those records...

In the bag:

Orlimar HipSteel 8.5 Driver
Orlimar Tri Metal 3 Wood 15*
Titliest 775 CB Irons Ping Anser 2