• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Too steep, too handsy.
    • If you’re using your wedge as a shovel, it’s not the bounce that’s the problem.
    • I like to collect these too, I'm an old guy who likes real hard copies, I have about 70 of them from courses all around the country and the world.  I know I have a few of the ones you show in this photo.  I also have brand new books for Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes, ready to be used in a month from now..
    • As others have mentioned, this assumption is incorrect. The ball could be sitting on the right half of the cart path and the nearest point of complete relief be on the left.
    • The NPCR is point for the ball which affords complete relief for STANCE and SWING from the condition from which you are taking relief, is no closer to the hole, and is nearest the original position of the ball (with a couple more restrictions).  This sounds like we agree, take.  This general description comes from the definition of Nearest Point of Complete Relief.  As others have said, this NPCR might mean you have to drop in a bush or behind a tree or on the side of a steep slope on in really tall grass, you don't get a choice, you have to use the nearest.  So make sure you know where your drop will be before you pick up your ball. In your link, go to 16.1b, just after Reference Point, if you click on the phrase "nearest point of complete relief" you will automatically be linked with the Definition for that term.  This is a really positive thing about the Rules of Golf online, in both the R&A and the USGA versions, all defined terms referenced in the Rules are shown as hyperlinks to the actual definition.  You may want to read through the Interpretations on this Rule and Definition, they make it pretty clear.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. benharris
      benharris
      (29 years old)
    2. Erik Tedfelt
      Erik Tedfelt
      (26 years old)
    3. ForcedCarry21
      ForcedCarry21
      (30 years old)
    4. hlan
      hlan
      (36 years old)
    5. Hookman
      Hookman
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...