IGNORED

opinions on my potential??

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope brah my handicap is still 12 for this season as the differential is only ur lowest round cuz i have played less than 6 rounds this season. so brah calm down u mad brah?

Ok, let me help you out there buddy. The USGA allows you to combine two 9 hole rounds into one 18 one. It does NOT allow you to extrapolate a 9 hole round into an 18.

So, we add 41 and 45 and end up with 86 for a 70.0/108 course rating. To be fair you should use the course rating for the 9 holes you played, but let's assume the front and back nine are fairly similar. Dump this into a calculator and what do we have? You official handicap for the 2009 season is: 16.1 . Now start acting like a grown-up and accept it.

I know there's a lot of pessimism in the world, but my god people! Give the boy a chance. Dude, if you think you can get better and you want to give it a shot...give it a shot! Even if the chance are "slim to none", "not a chance", etc etc etc, give it a shot! Do what you like. Who cares if the chances are less of being a pro at something than winning the lottery. At least try if you want!

There's a difference between pessimism and realism. The chances of going pro in a sport are very small. There are about 400 NBA players. 400 divided by the number of basketball players = very small percentage. 1000 pro golfers divided by 30 million American golfers = very small percentage. I'm not going to say that it's impossible, but it's highly unlikely to become a pro in a sport that the OP hasn't been playing for very long. Definitely, try if you want to, but be realistic about it. Maybe take a year off from school to pursue it, but if you fail, don't be surprised...most do.

dude, its not like im playing on some kiddie course. Its about 6500 yards so its not too far off pga courses which can be 6,900 yards or so for the shorter ones, so dont act like im playing on a POS course.

6500 is not long. At least not for me. I only hit my drives about 250 and I have no problem on a 6500 yard course. I play 7000 yard courses and don't have much of a problem with distance. In fact, I always have a shot at a GIR off a halfway decent drive. And a slope and course rating of 70/108 is very low. I usually play 71/120 through 74/136.

And as for the greens, I mean seriously I can make the adjustment if they are a little faster, I'm an athlete here, i can adapt, wont be too difficult.

These greens that we're speaking about are insanely fast. They are faster than anything that you or I (or probably anyone on this forum) has ever played. To chip, pitch, and putt becomes ridiculously hard. Just because you are an "athlete" does not make you a golfer. It makes you an athlete. Adjusting to very fast green speeds is extremely difficult. People who have been golfer for 15 years who play on Tour have trouble...why would it be so easy for you?

no man i know what u mean BY ball striking just like i was trying to say thats not really an issue, if u saw me hit a couple u would know exactly what I mean, I hit em crisp and pure and far and it makes a different sound than ur typical amatuer

Tour players are better ball strikers. Tour players hit more greens. Tour players do not flub, skull, sh*nk, etc. any shots.

dude what are u talking about? yes, its a nine hole course, yes its a 70.0/108 for 18, yes its a par 72, yes i calculated it right (what i did was just duplicate the round 5 times since u need 5 rounds). so a handicap of 12 for

I think we've handled this one, right?

well for that round i was 6/9 GIR and 4/9 fairways and 18 putts (9 holes)

Just to put these stats into context: yesterday I played in a match for school and I hit 2 fairways, 1 GIR, and had 17 putts...I shot a 43. Shooting a 41 with 6/9 GIR isn't impressive to me. If I hit 6/9 greens, I'd expect to break 40. But I'm a 14 handicapper, so what do I know?

I've read every page of this thread (partly for entertainment) and it's kind of stupid. You seem to have had one good round. You've computed your handicap from that round. I don't care if it's the right way to do it or not, saying that your handicap is a 12 because of ONE good round is very misleading. You played well and that's a very good feeling. Don't let it go to your head. Like I said, my stats from yesterday were nowhere near your stats, but I shot 2 shots worse. I'm willing to bet that a bad round for you is close to 100. A bad round for me is 90. I think you should pursue your dream of being a pro, but be realistic. These guys practice for 8 hours per day...just to get on tour. There's not a chance in hell that you could become a pro by practicing 3 hours per day. Also, I don't think you appreciate how good these guys (or any pro athlete) are. J.B. Holmes played varsity golf when he was 13. Tiger was the best amateur in the country at 18. Looking at other sports, I played basketball with a kid who went to UNC-Chapel Hill. He didn't make the team, but was one of the best basketball players I've every played against. These guys are above and beyond anything you could imagine. Just go to a PGA event and you'd understand. Play in a tournament and you'd feel a fraction of the pressure they feel. I've played competitive sports for most of my life and golf is by far the most nerve racking for me. It's a totally different type of pressure and is not that easy to overcome (especially for the head case you seem to be from your posts). Don't be cocky and do not think that a 41 is anywhere good enough to think about going pro. Try, but like I've said, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

hey dude whatever floats ur boat brah u keep using those precepts

Read my first post.

And who cares what he plays? He has a handicap of 5-6 and could easily beat both of us. Scores matter; clubs don't. And have you seen his collection? It's in another thread that I don't feel like searching for, but it's quite impressive. From the looks of it, he could play whatever brand he wants but chooses Precepts. And personally, I think they look sweet.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

by the way dude, what is that shoddy equipment ur using??

what does this have anything to do with handicap?

i think equipment only plays 20% as long as they are playable. 80% is still your swing/skill. you can't buy skill.... btw good luck trying to beating his 5.5 handi.... i am willing to put down 2 months rent, that you won't in a year....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

btw good luck trying to beating his 5.5 handi.... i am willing to put down 2 months rent, that you won't in a year

You forgot to add the word 'fairly'. There, I fixed it.

Remember, this guy only needs 9 holes to calculate a handicap. I'm sure RocketSauce uses the official formula, like real men (and women) do.

Get your first lesson. You'll probably be surprised how much you're doing wrong and how much it helps you.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Seriously, I have never heard anyone talk themselves up as much as ths guy. And stop saying brah It annoys the shit out of me and everyone else on the forum. And don't say 'whatever brah' that also annoys the shit out of everyone here. And guess what? You won't make the pga tour, so go back to your little local course that has no bunkers, 200yd par 4s and get a real attitude.

RANT OVER

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Yes, the guy is a total fool, but really doesn't excuse the #$%& in your post, keep the language appropriate.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

So what club do you hit from 100 yards? 85? How many GIRs? How many putts per GIR? Fairways hit percentage? Up and down from inside 100?

To the OP....

So how did those stats come out for you today? Since that round is fresh in your memory, maybe you can give us a little insight to your strengths/weaknesses when it comes to scoring on the course. You obviously have an active thread here, so why not use it to improve on how you can get the ball in the hole in less strokes?

Seriously, I have never heard anyone talk themselves up as much as ths guy. And stop saying brah It annoys the shit out of me and everyone else on the forum. And don't say 'whatever brah' that also annoys the shit out of everyone here. And guess what? You won't make the pga tour, so go back to your little local course that has no bunkers, 200yd par 4s and get a real attitude.

dude, every hole has multiple bunkers and the shortest par 4 is 351 yards so plz brah take ur lil 13.6 handicap elsewhere ur not needed, only people who have respect our welcome brah, and by the way u mad brah?

To the OP....

Ok lets see, i 3 putted 3 times in 9 holes and I didnt hit many greens, probably due to the wind, and yes i should probably get a lesson cuz u can only go so far, u know brah?

Well the great thing about sports is that they deal in the black and white and not grey areas. A ball is foul or not, a jumpshot is from behind the 3 point arc or not. I played 9 yesterday and here are my black and white stats on a par 35 front.

Score: 6 over 41
Fairways: 6 for 6
UD from inside 100: 1 for 6
GIRS: 4
Putts: 18
Putts per GIR: 2.25
Birdies: 1 (putt from the fringe)

I can infer several things from those raw stats. First, not enough GIRs given fairways hit. Second, not enough up and downs - 6 attempts tells you I dumped a pitch. I had two 3 putts, one on a GIR one after a pitch. Bottom line...short game sucked. But you can't infer much of anything about my distances. It's not how but how many.

If you can be more specific about your results, we can all be more specific about any advice.

And what full 18 hole round would that be?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Your rep on this forum is already destroyed. Nobody will believe anything you say. People you play with will see with their own eyes you are not anywhere near a 12 handicap, so what is your motivation? I don't think you have any idea how pathetic you sound.. I almost wonder if you're not a psychology student doing some kind of social experiment or something.

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!