IGNORED

opinions on my potential??

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2. If the OP has any hopes of making the tour, he should contact Chubbs Peterson for some lessons. I heard he is the best!

Last I heard, Chubbs passed on after a terrible fall from a window.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

by the way dude, what is that shoddy equipment ur using??

lol. It's not funny, but then it is. And I'm not laughing at your equipment Rocket because a good golfer can golf with anything. I'm just laughing at "shoddy"

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

Sorry to do 3 posts in a row, I should've just deleted and combined, but f it.

To tell you the truth, who knows whether he's lying or not. I just want to see his swing.

804, do you mind taking some vids and maybe posting 'em? And for proof I'd like you to either say your sandtrap name loud and clear into the camera before taking some hacks. Just don't go on youtube and steal someones swing and post it saying it's you.

US Open TV Commentator

Sorry to do 3 posts in a row, I should've just deleted and combined, but f it.

he says he doesnt have access to a video camera, lol... i guess nobody he knows has one either. strange, but, whatever...actually, im not surprised

he says he doesnt have access to a video camera, lol... i guess nobody he knows has one either. strange, but, whatever...actually, im not surprised

What's strange about that? You think this character actually has any friends?... or should I say "brah's"

To tell you the truth, who knows whether he's lying or not. I just want to see his swing.

I don't get what you mean by lying. It doesn't seem like he's saying that he's insanely good (41 through 9 is good for him). He just thinks he can make it to the PGA Tour. There's not much to lie about there. He may be "inflating" his distances a bit (170 yard 9-iron), but what new golfer doesn't do that?

Honestly, I think he thinks that he's amazing. His ballstriking is great, he can hit just as far as pros, he plays a hard course (6500 yards with a slope of 108), and his handicap is a whopping 12. I'm a legit 14 handicap and would love to play this guy in a match because you cannot judge how good/bad you are by 9 holes . I've shot a 40 this year through 9; am I as good as an 8 handicap...not at all. One round doesn't mean anything in terms of how good you really are. Like I've said before, playing well is a great feeling, but do not let it go to your head.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I'm a legit 14 handicap and would love to play this guy in a match because

Here's a great example.

On Wednesday a friend of mine played in our mid week competition and played the first 9 in 4 under par in the rain. 32. He plays off 3, and shoots in the 60s quite often. Very good player. Yesterday in our Saturday comp I played the same 9 and had 41 with a birdie on the first, three pars and a couple of double bogeys. Not terrible, but not great. My point? the 3 marker would have beaten me by 9 SHOTS on that nine. And it's not like 41 is a BAD score! Our PGA Tour star of the future needs some perspective, that's all.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Takes one to know one

Yeah... I AM pretty self centered.

No, it was a good epiphany. I have theories as to why golf pros are so good. But to me, golf still seems like such an easy game. The hardest part I have wrapping my head around, is the fact that on any given day, I can beat or tie a professional golfer on a hole. So can everyone else. I'm sure there's plenty people on the forum that have birdied a hole that a pro golfer bogeyed in one tournament. In tennis... the chances of getting a game are NIL. The chances of getting a point are extremely slim. Same for many other sports. Of course, I don't stand a chance in hell on the entire course with a pro, but if we played at my local muni, I bet you I will at least tie one hole. That's the issue I have that I still havent gotten over.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Tour players are better ball strikers. Tour players hit more greens. Tour players do not flub, skull, sh*nk, etc. any shots.

I'm being picky, but it's just a pet peeve. When people use such strong words like "any" or "no one" I get a little irritated.... all it takes is one example of the opposite and you are wrong.

Though I agree with what I'm pretty sure you are TRYING to say.... your statement is completely false. Example: Forget which tourney, but i've seen tiger woods skull/shank a 5 wood he tried to hit out of the sand to the green. I've also seen some other guy skull a relatively short chip past the green into (or almost into... i forget) the water. It's rare, but they do it too.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

hey yall thanks for all the positive support.

a couple of things here.

1. I was wondering the ideal club set up cuz right now i only have 13 clubs in the bag (Driver, 3wood, 5wood, 3-PW, 56 degree sand wedge (pretty good bounce on it), and putter. I was thinking about adding another wedge cuz i have big problems 130 yards and in. I cant use my sand wedge off clean lie cuz it has too much bounce on it and my pitching wedge is too much club. what wedge would u add to complete my set?
2. I have a vid on youtube (yes legit) but all u can see is the contact with the ball
heres the link: YsJ522uj7cM
obviously its legit cuz a)its left handed and i am left handed b)u can tell the club is a taylormade supersteel burner and thats what i have listed in my sig c) click on the channel and the location is richmond, va which is where i am from, although this is my brah's account

thanks brahs! ill keep u updated. i really wanna get a lesson too, and o yea i forgot to tell yall i almost got kicked off the course on friday cuz me and my bro were playin and i payed for a cart and he didnt, but i let him ride in the cart anyways, so the starter is like spying on us the whole time and he comes up to us on the 4th hole and says that if he sees my brother riding in the cart one more time that hes taking the keys and were both walking, and he said that if i see u off the cart path again ur done (wtf? i cant belive this cuz most courses let u drive on the fairways, o well hes a lil yuppie old man got no life)

Wow, worst golf video ever What do you call that perspective? Not side view, no behind view but tunnel vision view from ground dwelling insect. :lol:

To save some people time its just a vid of the ball and the bottom 4 inches of his club.
Also don't you think it's strange that you hit your 9 iron 170 and your 3 iron 215? My guess is you play an over the top with a closed club face. You deloft the shit out of your short irons but it has diminishing returns as the loft naturally decreases with the long irons. *I did this when I started too btw*

hey yall thanks for all the positive support.

I have a few suggestions on what you might add. First depending on how you hit your three iron I would switch out for a hybrid. As far a the wedges go, I'm assuming your PW is around a 48*. I would inclined to get a gap wedge (52*). Thats what I use as my one hundred and in club and I can throw darts with that club. I would like to know what the bounce is on your sand wedge. If your playing it other than the sand I've been told bounce should be 8 to 10. I just switched from a 56* to a 58 and I really like it all around the green and out to about 70 to 80 yards. A 52 and 58 combo is pretty deadly.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

I have a few suggestions on what you might add. First depending on how you hit your three iron I would switch out for a hybrid. As far a the wedges go, I'm assuming your PW is around a 48*. I would inclined to get a gap wedge (52*). Thats what I use as my one hundred and in club and I can throw darts with that club. I would like to know what the bounce is on your sand wedge. If your playing it other than the sand I've been told bounce should be 8 to 10. I just switched from a 56* to a 58 and I really like it all around the green and out to about 70 to 80 yards. A 52 and 58 combo is pretty deadly.

If i had to guess the bounce on my sand wedge is 14 degrees, and i use it out the sand and all shots 100 and in (i know bad idea) and yes, my pitching wedge is 48 degrees.

so basically what ur saying is i need a 52 wedge for shots 50-120 and a 58 or 60 for pitches and chips around the green???? and should i keep my 56 sand wedge for the sand or get rid of that ??

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!