IGNORED

opinions on my potential??

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

But to me, golf still seems like such an easy game.

You know it really is, in the simplest form, it is an easy game. All you have to do is swing a club and hit the ball in the fairway, hit it on the green and then make a putt. What I can't figure out is how no one can do this every time they play? I mean really, I should be able to go out and shoot 18 under every day because it is so easy. Tiger is one of the best golfers ever and he can't do it every time, so there must be something extremely difficult about it.

The hardest part I have wrapping my head around, is the fact that on any given day, I can beat or tie a professional golfer on a hole. So can everyone else. I'm sure there's plenty people on the forum that have birdied a hole that a pro golfer bogeyed in one tournament.

That may be true. But can you beat them over time and under their normal conditions? That is the real question. It doesn't matter if you can beat them on a hole. You'll go back to making bogeys and doubles, and they will go back to birdies and pars. I have played with pros before in pro-am's. There have been holes when I out drove them, hit a better approach, and made a putt, several actually. Problem is, when the next day rolls around and it is for real, they are playing with pressure, thousands of dollars on the line, TV cameras everywhere, and they are still making 6-7 birdies and 11-12 pars. I know I couldn't do that, and neither could you. I doubt anyone on this forum could. You can't duplicate the tour conditions so it isn't even relevant to say that I made a par on the 17th at Sawgrass, when Joe Pro made bogey.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey yall thanks for all the positive support.

What support?

By the way, sounds like you act as immature on the course as here.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

If i had to guess the bounce on my sand wedge is 14 degrees, and i use it out the sand and all shots 100 and in (i know bad idea) and yes, my pitching wedge is 48 degrees.

why are you asking us? you're the future touring pro. by the way, why do you keep saying "

u mad brah " and what does that mean exactly?

why are you asking us? you're the future touring pro. by the way, why do you keep saying "

hey brah, just because i might have a chance of being a touring pro, doesnt mean i know the best equipment to use. i got raw talent dude, give me any club and i will manage, but i was just asking for tips cuz it could improve my game even more.

Yep, a troll has legitimate videos of swing and asks for advice on which wedges to use.

and btw, it looked like you hacked across the ball so badly that it would've resulted in a wicked slice.... but then again, its hard to tell because WE CANT SEE YOUR SWING in the video! all it shows is the clubhead hacking outside-in across the ball...there is no

swing even shown

If i had to guess the bounce on my sand wedge is 14 degrees, and i use it out the sand and all shots 100 and in (i know bad idea) and yes, my pitching wedge is 48 degrees.

Look you asked for suggestions and I gave you what works for ME. I would definately look at getting a gap wedge. If you like your 56* then stick with it. I think there was a thread on here last week about whether to 52 56 60 or go 52 and then a 58. I switched because it 1. eliminated a club allowing me try bringing in a hybrid and 2. it eliminated a difficult choice between the 56 and 60. My 58 is actually a Vokey 56* that I had professionally bent to a 58. It a 10 degrees of bounce and my gap is an 8* bounce. I'm no expert on bounce and don't pretend to be. So I don't know if switching the degrees had an effect on the bounce. I was told by a pro that I take lessons from that a most amatuers (this would include me and probably you) only need 8 to 10 degrees bounce because we're just not good enough in general to utilize a higher degree of bounce. What I do know is that its a really workable club for me.

I've got afew questions for you now 804. Just to learn more about your game. 1, What clubs do you have? And what type of yardages do you get with them? 2. How many fairways on average do you hit in an 18 hole round? How many GIRs? How many putts? 3. How do you hit your long irons? What percentage do you hit your 3 iron solid and straight? 4. Have you ever played in tournament? Look kid, you may have some "raw" talent (I can't say for sure because I haven't ever played with ya or seen your swing) but stick with school and focus on enjoying the game. If you want a career in golf go for a degree in Professional Golf Management or even a course superintendent. Both are careers that make decent money at good courses. But I believe in being honest with people and thats why I suggest sticking with school and less on becoming a tour pro.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

and btw, it looked like you hacked across the ball so badly that it would've resulted in a wicked slice.... but then again, its hard to tell because WE CANT SEE YOUR SWING in the video! all it shows is the clubhead hacking outside-in across the ball...there is no

See I thought it looked like a wicked duck hook but it would nice to see the swing.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

b)u can tell the club is a taylormade supersteel burner and thats what i have listed in my sig

What sig?

What is interesting in the video is the huge difference in club path between your waggles and your take away. Your waggle seems ok, but then you take the club away and it turns into a severe out-to-in path. I would have liked to see the ball land, but I'm quite sure it landed somewhere left of the camera view. Couldn't you find anyone to hold a camera for you? You apparently have a camera, now how come it is so hard for you to make another vid?

See I thought it looked like a wicked duck hook but it would nice to see the swing.

you could be right. but its impossible to tell with that video. its a joke. there is no

SWING to even be seen in it

You look like you yanked it buddy. And that was definitely not a purred shot.
What's In My Bag
Driver: 905 T 9.5 Degrees
3-Wood: SS Hypersteel
Irons: 704.cb 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spinmilled 52,54,58Putter: YES! golf TracyBall: Pro V1

i agree. I'd be seriously suprised if he didn't hit a wicked slice with that swing path. I'd also be suprised if he carried the ball more than 150 yards with that shot....please post a better video where we can actually see you swing

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

Swing path differs from practice swing to real swing. There you go... a little swing critiquing for you brah
What's In My Bag
Driver: 905 T 9.5 Degrees
3-Wood: SS Hypersteel
Irons: 704.cb 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spinmilled 52,54,58Putter: YES! golf TracyBall: Pro V1

Swing path differs from practice swing to real swing.

To be honest this could be an optical illusion due to the low angle and fish-eye effect of the camera lense.

Though, it is interesting how the swing breaks down as early as the take-away, one of the easiest things to control. I am anxious to see what the set-up looks like.

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!