IGNORED

opinions on my potential??

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How would I go about joining the tarheel or hooters tour?? Do I just fill out the application and pay the fees ??? basically what i am asking is do like i have to have a certain usga handicap and ghin number or can i just play?? obviously, I wont spend the money until I truly am competitive enough to compete.

in order to compete in any real tournament- you have to be at least an 8 handicap. Most tourney wont let you compete unless your 4 and below.

I first broke 90 around the same time you did - and had the same sorta pipe dreams... i now play to a consistent 12 handicap. unless you can commit 8 hours a day / everyday to hitting balls, and being coached and eating sleeping, crapping golf... you have no shot. not to be a pessimist... maybe you have unlimited resources - who knows. fact of the matter is this... had you played 18 that day - you likely woulda blown up on the back 9 and shot a 90. Start by tracking a legit handicap - youlll see how hard it is to even get near a 10.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it was a 12 handicap from that one round, but its not like my handicap is that much higher than that cuz i have shot some good rounds

AND, FYI - shooting 12 over does not make you a 12 handicap.

there are more factors than just your # over par. if your serious, register for a legit handicap and track your next 20 18 hole rounds... youll see how good you really are. and lastly - the pros are playing to about +6 - +10... so your only 22 strokes away. hahahahahahahahaha

you realise most of the pros on tour started when they were like 8 years old...

not saying you cant do it if you put your mind to it but really, golfing ten times a year is not enough. Getting from a 20 handicap to a 10 is much less of a challenge than getting from 10 to about a 5...

you need to shoot two rounds of 78 to become a teaching pro.. so you would probably need to be about a 4-6 handicap....

I shot 41 over 9 holes the other day. The next 9 I shot 49. 9 holes means jack squat.

Your carry distances are meaningless. Lots of great players hit it longer, lots hit it shorter.

Not sure what the weightlifting stats were included for, but whatever.

The score is the only thing that matters, and right now, you've put yourself in the elite group called "Players Who Can Break 90". Congratulations. That indicates that you can break 90, nothing more.

There are 30 million golfers in the United States. About 2000 out of that number are good enough to make some sort of living playing golf. If you could break 70 on your home course at your age, you'd have a chance.

Having said all that, it's the ones that want it most, and are willing to put in the work, that succeed. And starting from where you are, a career as a tour professional, even at the mini tour level, will take an unreal amount of work.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

AND, FYI - shooting 12 over does not make you a 12 handicap.

im not a ****** idiot dude, i know how to calculate a handicap. the course rating was a 70 and a slope of 108 so i just duplicated the 82 five times (i know this is not really legit but u get my point) and calculated it correctly. and a 10 over on this course is a 12 handicap buddy. dont accuse me of crap thats not true

Gotta love April 1st.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Administrator
im not a ****** idiot dude, i know how to calculate a handicap. the course rating was a 70 and a slope of 108 so i just duplicated the 82 five times (i know this is not really legit but u get my point) and calculated it correctly. and a 10 over on this course is a 12 handicap buddy. dont accuse me of crap thats not true

Apparently you don't. Courses have nine-hole ratings, course ratings themselves include the decimal (even if it's 70.0, but that's unlikely, and par isn't the same as the course rating), and you made no mention of those things OR the 0.96 multiplier.

And of course one nine-hole round is nowhere near enough to establish a handicap, but you seem to maybe get that. Your attitude stinks. I suggest you lay off, take a breather, and come back after you've ingested the necessary number of chill pills. P.S. A 41 on a course with a slope of 108 is not very good at all. I'm miles and miles from the PGA Tour and I'm pretty pissed when I shoot 41 on any of the courses in my sig.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, I obviously don't know you, but snapping like this over an internet forum raises the probability that you don't have the right attitude to play golf at the highest level. However, this is just speculation on my part.

I've shot a 42 before over 9 holes before and I'm awful at golf. I blew up on the back 9, obviously, but when I can pretty much do what you do, that doesn't speak a whole lot to your game because well, I flat out suck at golf and am not afraid to admit that. Don't think about the end game so much. I do my best to enjoy the process, and sure, it's hard to do that when all you want to do is play better golf. What's best for you right now is to put that 41 in your back pocket and move on from it. You're going to have your good days and bad days. Just keep your commitment to the fundamentals of golf and try to get out and practice as much as you can. When you get to a 0, then come back and ask us what we think! Good luck to you.

Constantine

Apparently you don't. Courses have nine-hole ratings, course ratings themselves include the decimal (even if it's 70.0, but that's unlikely, and par isn't the same as the course rating), and you made no mention of those things OR the 0.96 multiplier.

dude what are u talking about? yes, its a nine hole course, yes its a 70.0/108 for 18, yes its a par 72, yes i calculated it right (what i did was just duplicate the round 5 times since u need 5 rounds). so a handicap of 12 for

this round is correct if i go on to shoot 41 on the back

Wow, if you implode in a tournament as fast as you did in this thread, you'll have a hard time making it through 36 holes, let alone 72.

How about we forget about the handicap for a second. What's your GIR%, FHit%, U/D%, Avg putt distance etc...?

well for that round i was 6/9 GIR and 4/9 fairways and 18 putts (9 holes)

i need to keep track of these stats good idea i signed up for some stats site.

dude what are u talking about? yes, its a nine hole course, yes its a 70.0/108 for 18, yes its a par 72, yes i calculated it right (what i did was just duplicate the round 5 times since u need 5 rounds). so a handicap of 12 for

"dude", you really like to use the word "dude", dont you? first of all, you are a liar. just 5 days ago you said your handicap was an 18.9:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...441#post275441 but now its a 12 because of ONE round you played? also, your course has a slope of 108??? that is an easy course. my home course has a slope rating of 131. and like iacas said, i am pissed when i shoot a 41 for 9 holes, and my home course is MUCH harder than yours. your handicap is probably over 20. just 5 days ago it was an 18.9 (you said it yourself)...you are full of crap and your attitude sucks.

• Administrator

It is true - or at least you've given no evidence that it's not. You don't know how to calculate a handicap.

Let's suppose your course is a 70.0/108 course. That's for eighteen holes. It's highly unlikely that the two nines BOTH have ratings/slopes of 35.0/108. If they don't, you've calculated your differential improperly. I won't even delve into the fact that you're not using the term properly. There's a handicap (typically a "course handicap") and a handicap index. You can't calculate the former without the latter, and you can't calculate the latter after playing only nine holes.
so there are no par 3's on your course??? how do you have 9 fairways?

C'mon, he chunked his tee shot into the fairway just short of the greens on most par threes.

Anyway, this is funny, but this thread's dangerously close to being closed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

so there are no par 3's on your course??? how do you have 9 fairways?

u know what i meant dude sry 4/7 and my handicap is 12 for this year cuz i havent played more than 5 rounds, so it is correct, but only if i shot 41 on the back.

well for that round i was 6/9 GIR and 4/9 fairways and 18 putts (9 holes)

With 6/9 GIR, 18 putts, 170y 9I shots on a short, easy par 72 and then shooting +6 on 9 holes (nearly bogey per hole).. yes, you definitely should start keeping track of your stats and learn how to interpret them. This little bit of information alone shows your short game and putting needs serious work.

It is true - or at least you've given no evidence that it's not. You don't know how to calculate a handicap.

ah, let him put his foot in his mouth a few more times, lol. and i agree, this is funny

dude its a nine hole course that u play the holes twice!!!!!!! wow i thought u knew that. and dude for that last time i am calculating it correctly(well besides the fact that i didnt play 18) cuz i have played only like 5 rounds so the differential is only ur lowest round obviously it will go up if i cant reproduce that round again soon.

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!