IGNORED

Quitting Smoking

neudi
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have to do this too. In NY taxes have gone up and they have also raised prices on loose tobacco, which I have been smoking for the past few years because it was cheaper.

I need to be able to walk nine without feeling too winded. I'm reluctant to use Chantix or the patch, but it's just time to quit. This e-cigarette, does it contain nicotine?

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with step 1 of the nicoderm cq patches, but it has caused me a lot of nausea and vomiting and a few rashes in the first 3 days. This is making me turn to step 2 which has much less nicotine so hopefully it will allow me to not get the urge and it won't cause me nausea. We'll see, but it is much cheaper than cigarettes and it is working so far.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Cigarettes just went up 80 cents a pack here in Lawrence, KS. I was considering starting smoking, but now it's out of the question. Thank you Liberal local government.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

We'll see, but it is much cheaper than cigarettes and it is working so far.

The further you get from your last smoke, the better off you will be. It will get easier as time goes by. The first week sucks, but if you already have a few days under your belt, then you are well on your way. Keep up the good work. Trust me, it's worth it! Here's a great site to browse when you have the time. http://whyquit.com/ This site thinks that cold turkey is the best way to quit. Although I disagree with that line of thought, it is a terrific resource for quitting information.

didn't you feel a little like a tool using those in public?

Nicotine is one of if not the most difficult drug to get away from. You really never drop the habit because you are always craving at some point. As far as no excuses to start smoking, I agree and disagree. Some people do it because they think it's cool, some do it to relieve stress, and some do it because they grew up with family members smoking and it was easy to get ahold of. But then again, why do we do a lot of the things that we do in life? http://www.drugrehabtreatment.com/mo...ive-drugs.html This website explains about addictive drugs. 4 days smoke free.
What's In The Bag?

Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I'm only 17, but I've actually never smoked in my entire life. I've never really seen what people get out of it, honestly. I think it smells horrible, it's terrible for your health, and it just becomes a waste of money after a while.

Never really been interested in doing it, to be honest. Cigars? Maybe. Cigarettes absolutely not though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm only 17, but I've actually never smoked in my entire life. I've never really seen what people get out of it, honestly. I think it smells horrible, it's terrible for your health, and it just becomes a waste of money after a while.

Keep it that way man, it's not worth it.

7 days smoke free!
What's In The Bag?

This coming October it will be two years since I quit smoking after 1.5 months of Chantix. It worked for me -- after 30 years of smoking about an average of a pack a day (much more at times). I started when I was 12

No offense, but those of you commenting that you "can't understand" nicotine addiction; no freaking duh. Why are you wasting space responding? It's pretty insensitive. Addiction to smoking takes place over time and gets more intense the longer you smoke. It is not only a physical addiction but a mental one. In fact, for me, the mental addiction was often much more difficult to deal with than the physical one.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Well done Neudi! Nicotine addiction is one of the most onerous addictions and difficult to quit. I know a little about this. In 1989, after 16 years of smoking cigarettes, I quit at age 31. I started again two years later and quit after six months. Several years later I flirted with cigars but quit them when I started smoking them like cigarettes (yes, you read that right).

I quit each time cold turkey. Headaches, nausea, restlessness and constipation were problems I dealt with. The nicotine craving works in cycles. For me the craving started just about fifteen to twenty minutes after I finished my last cigarette.

A key to stopping for me was the realization that the longer I went without a cigarette, the length between the cravings increased. After a week, I went several hours without an intense craving. At that point I realized that if I could just wait out the craving, it would go away for a little while; eventually, forever.

Here's the reality: if you really want to stop you can. It is easier for some than others but most people can end their nicotine addiction. Good luck to you. You'll breathe easier, feel and smell better and lower your risk of heart disease, cancer and emphysema.

Seems to me that you have lot of people pulling for you.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Smoked for 15+ years....quit w/o the patches.....but ate a ton of Snickers bars.

I used chantix it's been 2 months now, probably one of the hardest things I've ever done but well worth it I didn't eat snickers but jolly ranchers we're my best freind especially after I ate just remember once you get to the point where your ready you can't try to quit you have to quit or you'll never make it best of luck to you.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Chantix is one of those FDA approved drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. You can have all the information on chantix here http://www.chantixhome.com/ This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.

I've been smoking for 12 years and I'm 24 now. The most I quit for was 3 months with the aid of budeprion (zyban or welbutrin). i relapsed due to stress from school and my girlfriend. Couldn't stand the budeprion because you couldn't have any alcohol while on the treatment. I think i'm going to try quitting again in the summer when I don't have school!

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

This coming October it will be two years since I quit smoking after 1.5 months of Chantix. It worked for me -- after 30 years of smoking about an average of a pack a day (much more at times). I started when I was 12

Just finishing up day 9 on Chantix..... and its kicking my a$$. I feel nauseous for about an hour after I take it, and I can’t sleep at night.... but on the bright side I don’t feel like smoking at all so I'll keep going. Hopefully I will have the same success as you.

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I quit for was 3 months with the aid of budeprion (zyban or welbutrin). i relapsed due to stress from school and my girlfriend.

When you resumed smoking I guess then your problems were solved? Like most dedicated smokers, I used the "too much stress" excuse for years. If you can quit for 3 months you can quit forever. There will always be stress in your life. I would kill for the old girlfriend/schoolwork stress level. Better luck next time. I am truly rooting for you.

Today is my 2nd day smoke free!!!

and actually I feel pretty good. I havent been loosing my cool, I get the occasional craving but not too bad really..... just gotta keep myself busy I think. This weekend will be a test, I'm playing in my first tournament without having at least a full pack in my cart..... wish me luck LOL
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I smoked 2 to 3 packs of King non-filters for 43 years. One morning I told myself I would hold off till later that morning, then I told myself after lunch, then later in afternoon, etc. After 3 days I realized I could do it on my own. It is only temporary. When they tell me I have 6 months to live. I'll smoke again. Dieing 3 days sooner will not make a big difference. It has now been 5 years of non-smoking. I rarely get the erge and when I do it is very mild. If I can do it anybody can do it.

I'm on day 23 today and have not smoked a single cigarette. I am going between a patch and nothing and have been without a patch for 2 and a half days. If I know its' going to be a rough day or somehting is going to temp me I put a patch on for the day. Slowly but surely I am quitting.

What's In The Bag?

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!