IGNORED

Can't break the dip.

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone has any drills or info on keeping your head still. I have a problem dipping my head in my backswing then picking it up on my downswing. I would say it is around a 3 to 4 inch dip. I feel I would emiminate some of thoes bad shots if I learn to keep my head from dipping. Does anyone have any tips or anything?

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

what makes your head dip? Bend at the waist? Knees bending?
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I have this exact problem. It's definitely the Queen Bee of all my swing inconsistencies. I tried doing that chair drill, but it didn't really work for me. Here it is if you want to try it out:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index....&mode;=threaded

I've just tried putting my head against the wall and making my shoulder turn. I'm trying to get my body to get used to that feeling, but it's definitely tough.

Anyone have any good drills or stretches they do to battle this problem?

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I struggle with this too, but I don't focus on my head, the head is only moving because the spine is dipping. Which is where the problem is, my spine dipping. I find it easier to work on keeping my spine still than keeping the head still. I don't want to keep it 100% still anyways, on the downswing I will dip a bit to get to the ball. Shorter backswing is useful, dipping is often a result of rotating the arms so far it's starting to push the spine down.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

paula creamer and natalie gulbis seem to do pretty well with the head dip. although i do know for a fact natalie is workin with harmon to slowly remove it.

That's right, pretty heavy dip on both of them. They play well, but I can only imagine that this will cause more bad shots than they need.

Pretty pecuilar swings anyways, but they make it work.

Edit: Embedding is disabled on this video, click on it to move to Youtube and watch it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Glad to know I'm not the only one who cannot get rid of it no matter what I try. I'm going to head out tomorrow morning and see what I can do with it. I'm going to give that chair thing a try but just with my golf stand bag because I seen something on The Golf Fix where he used the bag for the same type of drill. I will let yall know if it works or if I find something that does.

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

From time to time I've done this too. I realized I did it when I tried to swing to hard. For me, it was just to beware I'm doing it and hold my head up and not rush my swing.

Try this: Be aware of your dip and try to hold your head up and in the same position while not to ground the club just before your back swing.

Natalie's head appears to move mostly after the ball is gone though.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Just wondering if anyone has any drills or info on keeping your head still. I have a problem dipping my head in my backswing then picking it up on my downswing. I would say it is around a 3 to 4 inch dip. I feel I would emiminate some of thoes bad shots if I learn to keep my head from dipping. Does anyone have any tips or anything?

if you have the golf channel. try and check out the hank haney project: charles barkley.

sir charles also has a head dip issue. maybe you can get a fix from one of the best....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!