IGNORED

top five golf states

Ceej
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think South Carolina has to be first for a number of reasons. First of all, for a relatively small state, it has an absurd amount of very good golf courses. Florida has a lot, but I'd say 70-80% of them are just decent and on retirement communities. From Myrtle, to Pawley's, to Kiawah, to Hilton Head, great courses everywhere. So many people flock to SC every month, that it just has to be #1. Plus, golf is pretty much what it is known for. My list would look like:

1) SC

2) California

3) NY

4) Arizona

5) Hawaii

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

• 4 weeks later...

I like alot of elevation changes, so the best golf I've played is NE NJ, PA (pocono's), upstate NY (Binghamton) & Mesquite, NV.     The few courses I played in Myrtle Beach were too flat by comparison & overpriced (I spent an inordinate amount of time searching for deals on tee times - exercise in frustration) ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my experience my home state of Michigan has dozens of top notch public courses. Most Florida courses are carbon copies due to the topography and use of water as a hazard. I've played many wonderful public courses in California, mostly in the Bay Area. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach but SC must be one of the top 5 along with Hawaii and Arizona.

I've only played golf in PA, NJ, and ME...so I have no idea. Lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Originally Posted by FLOG4

But the cream of the crop is Westchester area, Philly area, Long Island and Monterey.

I wish I had access to some of the private courses around here. Aronimink, Merion, The Ace Club... that's not even close to all of them!

-Rich

Connecticut and Massachusetts have some really nice courses depending on what part you're in.

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!