IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

rjfan997, what course in Va Beach did you say Brian worked? My mom used to live in Sandbridge, we've played a few courses and we were wondering if we might have played while he was there.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty much indifferent toward Nicole until the first few minutes of this episode, but she's really coming off as a smug little bitch.

Go Brenda.

I watched today at 2pm and couldnt stand that ugly looking Breanda and her annoying comments.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Brenda is a pain in my arse,..... but Brian has become so annoying, that It brings me to want to turn off the show. These two should qualify for the show's first dual elimination round.... they both go home no matter what!

Brian is the biggest cry baby I have seen...."I hit it pure..." give me a break... a pure shot is a good shot, not his constant choking. I think I could play him, and maybe not beat him, but certainly put pressure on him... enough to make him loose concentration....
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Ahh Nutz!!!!

Nicole... she should have stayed longer!!!!

Brian do us a favor bro.. shut up!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

• Administrator
Seriously, what crawled up Nicole's nether regions today? She's not even trying to do the golf thing - she works on Wall Street. WTF?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seriously, what crawled up Nicole's nether regions today? She's not even trying to do the golf thing - she works on Wall Street. WTF?

I'm with you Iacas. I can't figure out what happened to Nicole. She was even saying nasty things about all the ladies, not just Brenda. There has to be something else going on that we don't know about. I hope to find out tomorrow when I

talk to her . Meanwhile, I chatted with Micheal from BB X tonight and he's all over Brian - haha...Don't forget Mike is friends with Dave from BB X and everyone had something to say about Dave :)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

That qualifies as the least suspenseful episode I've ever seen. Nicole was so out of whack she had to be gone. I mentioned in a comment last week that it looked like endgame for either Nicole or Brenda, based on their confessional remarks, things you wouldn't blurt to such extreme if you were still slated to compete against each other, the next day. Once Brenda prevailed in that head-to-head matchup, it would have been stunning for Nicole to survive elimination.

Besides, Brian provided a big hint last week, in his interview with Golfgal. Out of nowhere he started praising Nicole, including use of her last name. I posted a comment on that blog that it sounded like he was determined to say nice things about Nicole, before she was officially eliminated. The aspect I didn't expect was that it would be Brian to oust her.

Still, I thought it was Brian's weakest performance. He looked tight and lunged at shots, including stabbed bunker shots.

I would have been a guaranteed #8 for breakfast. Las Vegas taught me properly, that those hours don't exist.

rjfan997, what course in Va Beach did you say Brian worked? My mom used to live in Sandbridge, we've played a few courses and we were wondering if we might have played while he was there.

He worked at Heron Ridge. Not far from Sandbridge at all.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Just caught this, Eugene has advanced to sectional qualifier for the US Open...
http://www.usopen.com/en_US/news/art...751948616.html
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Are these guys really trying to be professional golfers? Because uhhh...I don't know if it's nerves or what, but I haven't seen anything from anyone. Except for terrible golf. lol. I'm pretty sure that some of you guys could tear them a new a-hole.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

That qualifies as the least suspenseful episode I've ever seen. Nicole was so out of whack she had to be gone. I mentioned in a comment last week that it looked like endgame for either Nicole or Brenda, based on their confessional remarks, things you wouldn't blurt to such extreme if you were still slated to compete against each other, the next day. Once Brenda prevailed in that head-to-head matchup, it would have been stunning for Nicole to survive elimination.

I saw you that you listened to Brian's interview earlier - he did sound like he was exhausted on that day - not a surprise. That, with his emotions, caused him on to NOT remember to check out his partner's game (ie. Derek) and not perform to his own very high standards. Brian is very hard on himself. I couldn't wait to talk to Nicole tonight. She had a lot to say. I think the interview after she was eliminated put her over the edge - she said they asked the same questions over and over until she blew up.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I saw you that you listened to Brian's

Yes, I listened to all of your interviews again this week. I actually like it that they are not available all at once. I can check back and catch one or two when I'm supposedly doing something else.

Nicole's version was logical, that she sensed other players didn't feel she belonged in the competition, and it slowly wore on her. In the group confessional this week, Derek basically disses Nicole's game, saying Brenda had the huge edge with ball number one, but after that the pairings didn't mean very much, since everyone is relatively equal. In Gerina's interview she mentioned Nicole's comment about her, not being so awesome, and you could tell Gerina was somewhat taken back by it. I hope Gerina heard Nicole's version, that she was asked about Gerina repeatedly and always gave glowing reviews, until the overbearing 9th time when she understandably became annoyed and spit out the sarcastic version. Brian's final two minutes of this week's interview lead me to guess he is eliminated next week. Plenty of reflective moments, phrases like how he handles failure and ups and down of life. I forget the specific words although I think I quoted them in a comment on your blog. He's hopeful Golf Channel will use plenty of clips displaying his humor this week. Brian apologized if he rubbed any of the viewers the wrong way, although again I forget the exact wording. In total, it sounded like someone who realizes he has one final episode in the limelight and wants it to be as positive as possible. Brian had already watched the episode preview on Golf Channel.com and referenced it during the interview with Gayle. If I had to take a stab at Monday's outcomes, I'll say Derek again wins the Waste Management immunity challenge and the 2 thousand bucks, with the remarkable touching Titleists, or whatever they are. Golf Channel prefers the logo blur this time. After Derek is immune, the players pick teams or are divided into teams, 3 players each, for the wall challenge, with Aaron and Brian on the same team. They lose, with some friction between Brian and Aaron. Then Brian is eliminated, and in frustration tosses some of the emotional endgame comments -- not unlike Nicole's last week -- that Golf Channel is airing in the promos, like Derek and Aaron not good enough to carry his underwear. Golf Channel is taking one final opportunity to utilize Brian's great comments, including a Top 10 list. I think they are squeezing everything they can out of him, because next week he's a goner. But let me emphasize I hope that's wrong, and Brian hangs around. His remarks are more clever and over the top hilarious than mean spirited or annoying. Even his facial expressions immediately after every shot are classic. In my perfect world, Brenda would pack next. I've heard enough from her. I didn't pick up on it, but a friend said to me after the first or second episode that anyone who chatted that much was certain to rub someone the wrong way and lose favor overall.

But let me emphasize I hope that's wrong, and Brian hangs around. His remarks are more clever and over the top hilarious than mean spirited or annoying. Even his facial expressions immediately after every shot are classic.

Wow, I completely agree here. I really like Brian and I love his humor. I can't believe the show never got into a side-story about the health problems he struggled with earlier in life. Does anyone know the specifics of his illness because I can't remember off the top of my head here.

Brenda is great in small doses, but she's starting to get out of hand. She has had her fair share of good breaks thus far and is really due for the ball to bounce the other way. Still, I really like this entire cast a lot and am very much enjoying this season of Big Break.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, I listened to all of your interviews again this week. I actually like it that they are not available all at once. I can check back and catch one or two when I'm supposedly doing something else.

I want to take you to Las Vegas Awsi! I have no idea what the outcome is, but you read these episodes like a pro. So...who's going to win the US Open? ;) I feel like putting some money down.

It wouldn't surprise me, after your analysis, to see Brian go home next week. But I'll miss him if he goes - he adds a lot to the show, even if some people don't like him. Off camera, I can tell you, he is really very nice. I can say the same thing about Dave from BB X and (I've heard) about Don D from Las Vegas. Brenda is, to me, like David Feherty - really funny, but some people need small doses of that humour and some people hate it. DF's recent blunder is a good example of humor gone bad. But in terms of Brenda, I still really enjoy her humor and look forward to talking to her each week as I never know what is going to come out of her mouth. With the others, I really like them, but they are so PC that I can't get anything juicy from them. With Brenda and Brian, I am excited about the unknown :)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Wow, I completely agree here. I really like Brian and I love his humor. I can't believe the show never got into a side-story about the health problems he struggled with earlier in life. Does anyone know the specifics of his illness because I can't remember off the top of my head here.

I took this from his bio on GC...

"At age 28, Skatell was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis – a very painful inflammatory bowel disease – and did not pick up a golf club for five years as he fought to make a recovery. While the cause of ulcerative colitis is still unknown, some think that the smallest illness could spark the disease. In April of 2001, he underwent laparoscopic surgeries to remove his colon (proctocolectomy) at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Both the surgeries and recovery process were serious, but his body made it through the long healing process. “The doctors say I’m now a beacon of health and that I could be the poster child for anyone who’s had this disease at this level of severity,” explained Skatell, whose weight dropped to 120 pounds during the ordeal. In March 2008, just six months prior to the taping of Big Break Prince Edward Island, Skatell had another scare and found himself in emergency exploratory surgery. Air was leaking into his abdomen and doctors thought something had gone terribly wrong from his previous surgery. “No amount of morphine could touch the pain I was in,” Skatell remembers. “Doctors said I was in grave danger, and I was in fear for my life. It’s crazy to believe, but after surgery my doctor said the area where the air was leaking must have healed itself, because he couldn’t find anything wrong. My doctors said the recovery was nothing short of miraculous.” After surgery this past March, Skatell was down to 130 pounds again. In just six months time, he brought his weight back to 165 pounds, managed to get back into the golf industry as an assistant golf professional and began to train for Big Break Prince Edward Island. Now healed, Skatell maintains that he is “a 36 year-old with the body of a 27 year-old.” Brian has been through a lot! He's come out the other side of some serious health issues and is very determined to be successful in life, no matter what life throws at him. I admire him.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Me too. But he's a head case. That's not going to make competitive golf easier for him. The dude needs to chill.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!