IGNORED

What's In Your Bag?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 1942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been making quite a few changes in my bag the last two months. Currently my bag contains quite a mixture of clubs that work for me

Cobra Flyz Adjustable Driver

Adams Speedline Super S 3 FW

Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 adjustable hybrid

Cobra Baffler XL 5 FW

Wilson Wild Thing 9 Wood

Ping G15 6 iron

7 iron

Ping G5 9 iron

PW

Orlimar 56 degree wedge

Putter

:cobra: 

:adams:

:ping:

Edited by 9wood

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just getting back into the game, so here's the bag I had in my closet in 2008:

Taylormade r7 Driver

Taylormade Burner 3 and 5 Woods

Taylormade r7 XD Irons 4-PW (These things are super lofted so the gap between the PW and the 52* was insane)

Cleveland CG14 Wedges 48, 52, 58

Yes! Tiffany Putter

So I'm assuming that I need to get all new clubs to be competitive in 2016.  Here's what I'm thinking about getting once I have my swing back in order:

Callaway XR16 Pro Driver

Callaway XR16 Pro 3 and 5 Woods

Mizuno MP-25 Irons 4-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Select Putter

• Upvote 1

Driver: Taylormade r7

Fairway Woods: Taylormade Burner 3 and 5 woods

Irons: Taylormade r7 XD 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 47*, 52*, and 58*

Putter: Yes! Tiffany

Ball: Nike One Tour (I found a box of these in my garage and they are great)

Just upgraded my irons from RBZ Tours and now have:-

Callaway DBD Driver

Titleist 915F 4wood

Titleist 913 19 Deg Hybrid

Mizuno MP-H5 3-4 irons

Mizuno MP-25 5-PW

Cleveland 52, 56, 60 

Scotty Cameron Monterey 

Driver: 9.0* PING Anser (x-stra stiff)

3 Wood: 15* PING Anser (stiff) 

2 iron: 18* PING Rapture driving iron (stiff)

3-PW: 21*-47* Mizuno MP-68 (5.5 Project X)

Wedges: 54* & 58* Mizuno MP-T5

Putter: 29.5 in. PING Redwood ZB / Odyssey White ice #9 if the greens are super fast

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

• 5 weeks later...

Driver Titleist 915 11*

3 wood Titleist 913 15*

2hybrid Cobra baffler 17*

4hybrid Adam 23*

New irons

5-pw Mizuno mp15's DG s300x soft bend 130g 1* upright

(just got fitted)

SM5 Vokeys 52* bent to 50*

56* bent to 54*

60* bent to 58*

Scotty squareback

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Wilson cart bag that holds everything.

My sticks are:

Callaway BB Diablo Driver 9*
Taylor Made RBZ 3 Wood
Ping IsI BeNi 2 & 3 Iron
Miura MC102 4 - P
Miura MC102 P/S Wedge
Ping BeCu SW
Ping Ti4 - B60 Nickel & Copper Putters

I carry a Bushnell V2 Rangefinder

Got to have your umbrella, cigar cutter, extra lighter, bottle opener, bug spray, tape, tons of tees, divot tool, ball markers, windbreaker and extra golf glove.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Clubs that do nothing for my golf game....I suck at this game and so it doesn't matter at what I have in the bag...My bag looks good at bag drop, on back of the cart, but I am living proof that it is the Indian, not the arrow...

• 11 months later...

For those who don't show clubs in your sig line.

I currently carry:

• 1-3-5 "woods"
  • 2-SW (mid 90's loft angles, unlike stronger modern lofts)
  • Putter

I probably don't need the 5W, and I'd like to try a hybrid or two. Some day...

Edited by Midpack

2 hours ago, Midpack said:

I currently carry:

• 1-3-5 "woods"
  • Putter

It is best to look at distances and distance gaps and choose your set that way. I carry Driver, 4W, 3 & 4H, 5-GW, 54, 58 and putter. My gaps are 220, 200, 190, 180, 170, 160, 150, 140, 130, 120, 110, 90 and 70.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I carry driver, 4-pw and 3 wedges consistently. Then I change out clubs for situations. I started playing the black tees so I carry a 15.5 3 wood, otherwise I carry a 4 wood. I alternate a 3 iron and a 7 wood. 3 iron is in the bag on windy days. 7 wood flies like a 225 yard pitching wedge.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

4 hours ago, Midpack said:

I currently carry:

• 1-3-5 "woods"
  • Putter

Funny thing is my 2i & 3i are the same loft as modern 3h & 4h (I realize hybrids and long irons aren't the same despite similar lofts) and my 9i & PW are the same loft as a modern PW & AW. SW's haven't changed. The rest of my irons are 1-2 club higher lofts than modern irons. Maybe I'll just restamp all my irons, and they'll be like new...

Edited by Midpack

I think it really depends on the courses you play and the distances you typically have left. some people carry 2 wedges, some people carry 4. Some people carry hybrid clubs, some people carry 2 irons. I think it comes down to what clubs you hit the best and fit your game the best, giving you as few distance gaps as possible. 

If you hit a 3 wood 225 but the 2 iron only 190, then it certainly makes sense to carry a 5 wood, but if the 2 iron goes 215, then there might not be as much value in carrying the 5 wood. Do you know what loft the 2 iron is? I would be interested to see the difference between the 2 iron loft and the 5 wood loft. 

Same thing with the wedges, if your PW is 120 but your SW is only 90, then it might be worth looking into getting a gap wedge like a 50 or 52 degree, and if you are faced with a lot of partial SW shots, like 75 yards, could look at getting a lob wedge like a 58 or 60 degree. 

Personally I go right from 3 wood to 4 iron, with 3 wood around 235, and 4 iron around 205. While there is a large gap there, I rarely (less than 5 total times out of 15 rounds this year) am faced with something in between those distances, and if I am, it is more than likely on a par 5, so if I was 225 out on a par 5, depending on the situation I would most likely hit the 4 iron then chip/pitch on.

It really comes down to your own game and your own yardages. Dont overthink the "modern vs. traditional" lofts on irons either. Know your yardages that you hit each club, regardless of what the loft should or shouldnt be for that club. Example, if we were playing and had 160 to the pin, you would go to your bag and pick your 160 club, and I would do the same. I wouldnt ask you what loft your club is because when you are out on the course, it doesnt really matter that much. I think people make a bigger deal out of the modern v. traditional loft on irons than it really is. Know your clubs, know your distances, know your trajectories, play your shot. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

22 minutes ago, klineka said:

I think it really depends on the courses you play and the distances you typically have left. some people carry 2 wedges, some people carry 4. Some people carry hybrid clubs, some people carry 2 irons. I think it comes down to what clubs you hit the best and fit your game the best, giving you as few distance gaps as possible. 

If you hit a 3 wood 225 but the 2 iron only 190, then it certainly makes sense to carry a 5 wood, but if the 2 iron goes 215, then there might not be as much value in carrying the 5 wood. Do you know what loft the 2 iron is? I would be interested to see the difference between the 2 iron loft and the 5 wood loft. 

Same thing with the wedges, if your PW is 120 but your SW is only 90, then it might be worth looking into getting a gap wedge like a 50 or 52 degree, and if you are faced with a lot of partial SW shots, like 75 yards, could look at getting a lob wedge like a 58 or 60 degree. 

Personally I go right from 3 wood to 4 iron, with 3 wood around 235, and 4 iron around 205. While there is a large gap there, I rarely (less than 5 total times out of 15 rounds this year) am faced with something in between those distances, and if I am, it is more than likely on a par 5, so if I was 225 out on a par 5, depending on the situation I would most likely hit the 4 iron then chip/pitch on.

It really comes down to your own game and your own yardages. Dont overthink the "modern vs. traditional" lofts on irons either. Know your yardages that you hit each club, regardless of what the loft should or shouldnt be for that club. Example, if we were playing and had 160 to the pin, you would go to your bag and pick your 160 club, and I would do the same. I wouldnt ask you what loft your club is because when you are out on the course, it doesnt really matter that much. I think people make a bigger deal out of the modern v. traditional loft on irons than it really is. Know your clubs, know your distances, know your trajectories, play your shot. 

My modern 5W has a loft of 18° and my old 2i has a loft of 19°. I hit them about 215 and 200 respectively.

I hit my old 47° PW about 110+ and my old 55° SW, but with the bounce sole on the SW I avoid hitting it off turf as much as possible.

I completely agree with your last statement, that's why I haven't bought new irons, I like the way the old ones feel when I hit them solid and they have some forgiveness. I don't mind being reminded through my hands when I haven't hit the ball squarely.

It shouldn't bother me, but it irks me when people inevitably ask 'what did you hit' and I know my iron lofts are 1-2 clubs different than most everyone else - but not enough to buy new ones...

Edited by Midpack

Driver / 3 Wood / 3 Hybrid

4 iron thru PW

Gap, Sand and Lob Wedge (50/54/58)

Putter

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

Driver, 3 wood (15.5°), 19° & 23° hybrids, 4-PW, SW, 60° wedge and putter

Looking to replace the 3 wood with something more lofted 17°- 19°, but haven't found "it" yet

I have a 2 & 3 iron in the garage and a 4 wood that could be put back in the bag, but I'm not seeing that

Players play, tough players win!

Once I turned 60 I started radically changed my club selection to where it is now 5 years later::

Driver - 10.5*

Hybrids - 2h though 6h

Irons - 4i, 7i through 9i

Wedges - PW, SW

Putter

I have room for one more club but so be it.  Also, the 4i is for getting some distance hitting it low under trees.

Note: This thread is 1942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!