IGNORED

What's In Your Bag?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my "modern" bag, Driver, 16* Taylor Raylor, 20* and 23* hybrids, 4-PW irons(24* 4 iron and 48* PW), a couple of auxiliary wedges, and  a putter.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I only carry 13 clubs right now:

Driver, 3-wood, 4 - GW, 54, 58, putter. 

I'm thinking about adding a 64* wedge for short-sided shots.

Driver, 2 hybrid and 3 hybrid, 4i-9i, PW, 52, 58, 64, and a putter.

The 64 I only use in the sand, and it allows me to get a good flight with shorter roll. All those wedges mean I have every distance covered from 110 and in, which is also a little frustrating because I have no more excuses. My goal as a 14.7 handicapper is to try to almost make a chip or two every round.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, upndown21 said:

Driver, 3w, 3 and 4 hybrid, 5-pw, 50, 54, 58, and putter 

This is my bag almost exactly, only difference is my wedges are 51, 55, 60

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Currently, driver (10.5 degrees), 3 wood (14.5), hybrid (20), 4-P, GW (50), SW (55), LW (60) and putter. With a full swing, my gaps are roughly 260, 230, 210, 198, 186, 174, 162, 150, 138, 126, 110, 95, 75. Three-quarter and half swings help fill in the gaps at the lower end. 

• Upvote 1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

The only unusual features of my bag are: (1) I carry 15 degree and 16 degree fairway woods. I hit the Callaway 15 degree 225 and the Adams 16 degree 210 with a higher trajectory. The Adams works great if I need the height. (2) I don't carry a 5i or 5h. When I got my new irons the gaps filled in so going from 6i to 4h worked well for me.

Charles P.

:cobra: Fly-Z, Paderson shaft. :callaway: 15o XR, steelhead XR 6-PW. :adams: 16o fairway, 3 & 4 hybrids. :titleist: Vokey 48o, 52o, & 58o.  :odyssey:Toulon San Diego AR.

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

Driver, 3W, 3H, 3i-PW, 52, 56, Putter.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:46 AM, klineka said:

If you hit a 3 wood 225 but the 2 iron only 190, then it certainly makes sense to carry a 5 wood,

This is me, except it's a 3-iron that only goes 185, so I carry a 3H that gets me ~200. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Driver

3 Wood

4,5,6,7 hybrids (Have 2 & 3 hybrids for longer courses)

7, 8, 9 Irons

PW, GW, SW & LW

Putter

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I probably should have asked folks to share their age along with clubs? I gather players have/use more hybrids as they age in general. I thought I wanted to replace long irons with hybrids, but since I hit irons straighter than "woods," I'm a little afraid to go to any hybrids, assuming I will hit them more like woods. Obviously I need to try one...eventually.

Driver (Wilson Staff D100 10.5); 5 Wood (Cleveland Mashie); 2 iron (Ping Zing 2); 3-PW Tour Edge Exotics XCG3; Cleveland 588 52 degree; Tour Edge 56 degree; Putter (Wilson Staff 8885)

The Ping Zing 2 is my de facto driving iron, if I'm having a bad day with the driver, out it comes. I just can't get on with hybrids at all, I'm useless with them, and prefer long irons any day of the week. The Tour Edge XCG3s just got changed for Srixon 545s, which are 4-PW. No idea what to do with the spare space in my bag. Either hang on to the Tour Edge 3 iron which I habitually use off the tee on a very long par 3 on a course I sometimes play, or more likely add a lob wedge.

Seeing you asked: 40

Edited by ScouseJohnny

Age 38

Ping G30 LS Tec Driver 9.5 deg

TM R9 tp 3W 17 deg

Mizuno MP-58 3 iron

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW

Mizuno TP-15 GW 50 deg

TM SW 56 deg

Cleveland LW 60 deg

Ping TR Karsten Anser 5 

Driver, Strong 3 wd (Callaway FTiZ 13*- good for breezy days off the tee- low penetrating flight, usually a draw), 3 fairway adjusted to 4 wd loft, 3 Hy, 4-9, PW, GW, SW, Putter

I carry 14 drivers - of course

(D, 3w, 2h, 4h, 5i-9i, 4 wedges, putter)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

D, 3w, 5w, 7w, 9w, 6-9 Iron, PW, SW, 60, 64, putter.

EDIT--Often, depending on the course, I put away the 3w for a 5 iron. I'm just not good with a 3w off the deck unless I get a nice lie that's a bit fluffy. So if I know I'm not going to use it off the tee, I'd rather have a 5 iron for the occasional punch shot and/or full swing.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

Driver 9°, 3W 15°, Hrybrid 19°, 4 to P 23°-43°, Gap 47°, S 56°, L 60°, Putter.

Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!