IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm playing indoor golf now, so I'm bringing extra clubs (drivers, fairway woods, whole iron sets, wedges) trying to put together the best matched sets of clubs - yardage gapwise, shaft flexwise and swingwise - e.g. when I play my Hogan Apexes, which wedges and woods should I put in the bag.

That and I'm trying to dial back my wedge swing, keeping them on line, without screwing up my outdoor swing. The indoor golf seems to give inflated yardages for short irons.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Sorry, this is more a list to remind myself

Putting:
1. Keep everything dead still except the putting triangle.
2. No peeking.
3. Short stroke on short putts.

Chipping/Pitching:
1. Eyes on the ball
2. Hinge and hold, or hands lead the clubhead
3. Accelerate through the ball

Irons:
1. 3/4 swing
2. Balance
3. Tempo

Driver:
1. 3/4 swing
2. Low-and-in takeaway and through impact
3. Balance
4. Tempo

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I think I remember Arnold Palmer saying the most important thing is to keep your head still. I'm trying to do that with each swing. Also, I'm very aware of my right hand these days. I've developed a bit of a hook lately and I've been trying to battle that by loosening up my right thumb and forefinger in an effort to take my right hand out of the equation.

I'm working on extending my arms down the putter shaft, after looking at videos and pictures of myself crouched over and with too much bend in the elbows. All the analysts are emphasizing that a straight line of arms and putter shaft works best.

My putter shaft may be too long at 35 inches. I'm 6-4 but my arms are fairly long.

So far choking down on the putter works well for short putts up to 10 feet but distance control is a problem from 20 feet or further.

It's always something.

chipping...
once this was the strongest part of my game...
but ever since ive been obsessed with gaining more distance while maintaining accuracy...
my chipping has suffered horribly... been doing a lot of thinning lately... alot
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

working on winter golf... cant seem to play at all in cold temps... partly because of all the clothes... partly because of the temps... trying to figure out distances etc

Putting,
chipping around the green
pitching around the green from within 50 yards
iron approach within 150 yards
fairway shots
driver

other then that not too much.

but most of my practice is on my short game to one putt and putting.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I think I remember Arnold Palmer saying the most important thing is to keep your head still. I'm trying to do that with each swing. Also, I'm very aware of my right hand these days. I've developed a bit of a hook lately and I've been trying to battle that by loosening up my right thumb and forefinger in an effort to take my right hand out of the equation.

Do you use a vardon grip, or interlock? I had that problem years ago and switched from interlock to vardon. It worked for me.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

Im working mainly on the short game, i have spent way to much time recently working on my full swing, although i am now very happy with it but my short game has suffered. so in 2010 i will split my practice time up to be 40% full swing 30% putting 30% short game. that should shave some more strokes off the cap!

Im working mainly on the short game, i have spent way to much time recently working on my full swing, although i am now very happy with it

this is me also... ive been spending way too much time on gaining distance that the strongest part of my game (chipping) started to be the worst part

I'm currently working on flattening out my swing. The drill my instructor gave me the other day was holding a nerf ball between my forearms and keeping my swing under a nerf tube he was holding. The ball kept my elbows together and connected to my body better.

I had an instant improvement in my swing and hit about 500 balls today with the ball in my arms. Feels great! Gained about 10 yards.

I'm also trying to gain lag at impact. Anyone have any good drills for this. I know of several like a rod in the club and not letting it hit you but wanted to see if there are any other cool ones out there.

Thanks!

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

1) a proper "hip bump" starting the downswing to promote better weight shift (have tendency to hold weight back a bit) and a better angle of attack on the ball. See excellent thread on this topic (iacas et al.).

2) for the irons, hands should be slightly ahead of ball at impact (with a flat wrist), for lower ball trajectory and a cleaner strike.

Reminds me of the topspin backhand passing shot in tennis. Took me years to get that sucker going but in the end it went from worst to favorite stroke. Similar idea, i.e. strong weight shift onto front foot through downstroke but keep the upper body properly positioned (i.e. not drifting forward) for maximum racquet-/club-head speed at contact. Easier said than done.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Trying to implement Hogan's five lessons into my swing, most of all working on swing through the ball instead of decelerating into it and chicken winging. Also trying to work on a more consistent putting stroke.

Note: This thread is 3198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!