IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is a speed at which my downswing starts, a speed that flows naturally out of the speed of my backswing, which allows everything in the downswing to happen in the right sequence and at the right time, and the results are gorgeous. I know what that speed is, I just have practice over and over and over to make it a habit, and it's a concentration exercise.

currently, working on breaking 80. So far, 80 is my best score and i'm still fighting to break it. I set this goal in 2010, and I set it up with a SMART goal setting method, here is what it is:

S:
Specific - I'll break 80 in 2010

M:
Measurable - score can be 79, 78, 77, these are all breaking 80s...

A:
Achievable - My best score is 80, average is about 85-90, so got about max 11 strokes or min. 1 to achieve

R:
Realistic - I think this is not so impossible giving about 11 months left

T:
Time schedule - Targeted date is end of 2010

All, wish me luck

I'm working on my grip, ball position, swing
turning my belt buckle and shoulders to the hole
keeping my head down and looking for the tee or grass to move before i look for the ball
turning my body - not sliding forward

i took my first lesson after playing for just over a year and guess what...........i was doing just about everything wrong!!

in my bag right now -- working on upgrading

G5 10.5* driver
Sumo2 15* 3wood
everything else - XL series ($199 set)next step is a putter..........then irons

follow thru... then pose

Actually when I was playing college golf in the '70's I took karate for 4 years not 'cause i wanted to learn karate but for exactly the point mentioned...to improve my balance and body control. it may sound vain but i think there's truth in the logic.

On an unrelated (sortof) point I got to thinking why we are seeing so many good asian players...and I had a feeling that martial arts training and golf may not be such a bad idea. In karate I was taught a process called "Kata". What it was was a basic set of memorized motions (kicks, punches, etc) done at incredibly slow speed while keeping every muscle in your body extreme tense. the instructor would move around during the exercise and randomly punch or kick you in a spot that he felt was not properly tensed. you would go weeks at slow speed until he thought you had every move correct...they you were allowed to go full speed. I have heard some golf teachers talk about replicating your swing in super slow motion in front of a mirror and it struck me as martial arts "light".

More shoulder rotation and bringing back the club a tad more inside. Seems to be helping out my consistency and my distance with my irons.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Long Game: Rhythm and timing and keeping head still.

Short Game:

Putting: Consistent grip pressure. I have tightened slightly and its giving me a better feel for distance. (Not white knuckled now, just slightly firmer.)

Chipping: Working on different shots with the same club. Hitting with face open and square. Controlling distance with swing length. Focusing on smooth acceleration regardless of swing length and tempo

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As I have been trying for the last couple years I'm trying to improve my drive. If i can get the first shot out fairly decent than I feel more comfortable with my iron play. Although my short game is in need of work too.
I'm a big slice hitter and either I'm not paying attention or I'm not getting the right instruction on how to improve my drives. Chances it may not be either problem but just me. Without having to spend a ton of money on private lessons I do my instructional in this type environment "INTERNET"

1: I want to improve my driving. I took quite a break from the game for about 3 years recently got a new set and hit the links again. Had a horrible slice. But since worked on it like crazy, I usually hit 75-80% short grass. But would like to improve up to 90-95% on my home course by my birthday on August 8th. Hoping to qualify for a tourney coming up in the summer.

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

I'm going to be working on proper wrist cock in the next couple of weeks. I have been getting very laid off and hitting the ball horribly.
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

Actually when I was playing college golf in the '70's I took karate for 4 years not 'cause i wanted to learn karate but for exactly the point mentioned...to improve my balance and body control. it may sound vain but i think there's truth in the logic.

i do slow motion drills all the time and its helped me tremendously with accuracy and distance control

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I decided to try the Stack and Tilt method, got the DVD's on Saturday; watched the first of 3 discs which is focused on the foundation to the swing. I think stack and tilt will suit me better than the traditional method of moving weight to your back side. I don't seem to transaction my weight forward quick enough to be in the right position to consistently hit in front of the ball or for that matter consistently hit in the same place because my weight is never consistently in the same place when I make contact with the ball. I've been working on the new swing in the back yard and have gotten pretty consistent in having the club bottom out in the same place which is in front of a line I spray painted (where the ball would be) on the ground. I'm going to spend more time working on the 3 fundamentals over the next week until I feel reasonably comfortable before I get back to the range.

droppin the handi, workin on creating more lag, breaking 70 consistently :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Stack and Tilt has been working good for me to gain consistance shot making.
Working on putting from long distance (>20-40 ft).

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

better ball striking and stop flipping it at the bottom...I guess they go hand in hand.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!