IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being stuck inside for the greater parts of the last two months due to Pennsylvania's cold and snowy winter, i have only been able to work indoors. I am working on:
Putting, it has always needed more work, and going into my senior year in high school, I would love to get my avg. putts per round down to 28.
Chipping/Ball striking, my short game has always been relatively good, but my ball striking with my long irons no so much, so hopefully I can improve.
Waiting, cannot wait for the weather to get warming to start walking 18 daily.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

increasing my clubhead speed while maintaining a reasonable amt of control over the flight of my ball...
im working on some bizarre lag drills just to get the feeling of holding it until the optimum time to release it...
so its kind of a lag and release drill
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I am working on adding more power to my full swing. To do that I am working on a more powerful set up position.

At address, I am working on having my elbows point toward my hips with the inside of the elbows facing up. Then I want to bring them as close together as possible.

When done correctly it makes a huge difference, adding as much as 30 yds to my drives and a club longer than normal with the irons.

The watch out is when moving the forearms and elbows closer together you can create tension in the shoulders and upper arms. That is taking it too far and will restrict movement and ruin the golf swing.

Wayne Hudler is an avid golfer of more than 30 years and golf writer.

He partners with Dooley Duffer over at Dooley Duffer Golf. They have created a place where ordinary golfers (we affectionately call them duffers) can get the help they need to improve their games like we did. Become the player...

It's all about the takeaway right now as I developed a habit of rolling my arms thus opening the clubface at takeaway. It's amazing how you don't realize it until you take a video lesson. I'm trying to practice my takeaway before my full swing and make sure the face is slightly shut. That pre-swing move and a flatter left wrist (i'm right-handed) at the top of my backswing are helping me big time! Good-bye right side of the course!
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

increasing my clubhead speed while maintaining a reasonable amt of control over the flight of my ball...

so far so good... took my new swing to the course... im seeing great increases in distance... but accuracy took a nose dive shot shaping wise...

ive gotta get to a range and start working some of these kinks out so i can keep the distance and gain more accuracy
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Hitting a better position at the top, consistent putting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once the weather warms up a little, I'm going to work on a modified stack and tilt. I want to do a flat take-away with my hands going inside. I suffer from too steep a swing so when I consciously take a flatter swing I get good results. I say modified stack and tilt because I already keep a straight back leg anyway so i'll work on lowering my left shoulder and turning it around my body vice shifting my weight back. Hopefully I won't be so confused that I can't break 100 :)

My short game. getting up and down 60% of the time from around the green. I am focusing on distance control with my chip and pitch shots.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Attacking the ball, hitting down on it especially while chipping... easy to decelerate.

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Posture, down swing, and follow through. But mostly down swing--sliding and turning the left hip before swing the club.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

This year am workiing on one thing having confidance over the ball. When I relax I play well but to many times I worry about the shot and over think it. I only took up golf recently but never knew how much mental the game was.

• Administrator
I've done a lot to clean up my position into P2, so now I'm working on flattening or dropping the shaft at the top by keeping my right elbow a bit more in front of me rather than letting it angle back. I get steeper at the top when, if anything, I want to feel like I get flatter. Lots of people do a little "flattening" at the top but perhaps the most well known is Sergio.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My main focus before the season starts (probably in April here in Sweden) is to get more hip/leg action in my swing. The key is probably to keep my right leg from straightning too much in the back swing...
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Aldila Voodoo X-flex
Hybrids: Titleist 909H 15° & 21°, Aldila Voodoo S-flex
Irons: Cobra FP II, 4I-GW, NS Pro 1030H S-flex
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°/14° and 60°/4°

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!