IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am currently trying to cure my slice, that has been a huge issue in my game right now. I'm going to try a stronger grip because I think i've been using a weak grip, i dont know we will see.

*cured my slice today!!! simply by changing my left hand grip!! Saw it on a video to just make sure the "v" on my left arm is pointing towards my right shoulder...DONE! can't wait to play this weekend!!

Trying to hit my 3 wood and hybrids. Right now these are the only clubs I feel a complete lack of confidence with. My hybrids especially, they used to be my go-to club off the tee but now I'm hooking every shot. Been at the range the past 2 days and still have not figured out, although I believe I'm swinging way too hard coming through impact. I have no idea what's up with my 3 wood, off the tee or off the turf I top it or hook it. Really not even trying to hit those clubs during a round right now.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

im just working on my iron shots and my ball striking with them. In other words hitting down on the ball. What i need in order to that is to get the proper weight shift.

BAG:Nike ExtremeSport 2
DRIVERTaylormade R11
WOODAdamsgolf Insight
IRONSMizuno MX-100's
WEDGEPing 60 & Mizuno MP R Series 56 PUTTERSeemore FGPLOWEST 9:36LOWEST18:74

From my lesson today: Working on addressing the ball an inch closer in order to be more relaxed at address. (Used to be too close to the ball. Now a bit too far.) Straightening out the swing for better reproducibility. (Need to stop rolling my arms at the beginning of the backswing, which currently is forcing me to take a hugely inside-out path.) And making the swing plane more vertical.

My beloved Pinke Gin:

G15 woods (1, 3, 5, R flex, Nike VR grips)
VR split cavity (3-PW, DG S300)
VR wedges (54-12, 60-6, DG S400) White Hot Tour #1 putter e6 golf balls

Attended a DOCF clinic this weekend and learned how to crush the ball on the 'wall', feeling what Hogan discovered so many years ago. Now I know for sure that it is not an intentional hip slide. The targetward focus from setup to follow through is what brought him back to the target so early. Saw Steve Elkington there and he is a convert. Even got to shake his hand.

I am trying to regain my confidence in my full swing with the driver. I am getting to much fade and am finding myself in trouble off the tee too often.As a result of this , I have been hitting 3 wood or 2 hybrid off the tee a lot . Although I hit a lot more fairways this way, it puts long irons in my hand on approach more than I would like. 3,4,5 irons are the clubs I struggle with the most. My plan of action is an aggressive stretching program. I hope this will relieve the tension I sometimes feel at the top of my backswing and allow a smoother more effortless swing. I also am swinging a weighted club a lot. I leave it on my back deck so whenever I go out to the backyard I see it and swing for awhile. I have also attached a bungee cord about 6 feet up on my fence
which I loop my club into,assume the top of my backswing with the cord holding the clubhead there,and rotate my torso away around my spine to work my core muscles. One other thing I am
doing is swinging my garden rake[ fan type ] like a driver. This seems to help me practice releasing my wrists back to square and also provides good wind resistance to promote club head speed.
I hope all this helps because I hate having my golf buddy's ragging on me for leaving my driver in the bag when I should be launching it out there past them like I am used to doing !

Taylormade R7 460
Taylormade Firesole 3 wood
Cobra Baffler 2 hybrid
Cobra S2 forged 4-pw
Taylomade Rac 52,56,60Oydesee Dual Rossie IIOgio KingpinClic Gear 3.0

I'm working on turning into my right side with quite a bit more resistance, getting a bit more wrist hinge on the backswing, keeping my spine angle on my backswing and getting shorter in transition. Then, it's sequence properly with a lower body move from the top, release the club low and left and try to hit it hard with the right hand. I haven't quite got it grooved yet, but a couple more months... It's really causing my ballstriking to come together well.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

At the range: stopping leaked drives to the right by learning how to play a draw PROPERLEY

At home: putting stroke & watching PGA tour on TV lol

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

Distance with irons. I'd like to have my 7 iron play to about 170-175yds and then work away from that by about 15yds for each club. That would put the 3-iron about 230. That's perfect.

Im always right over the pin but the ball drop 20yds long. Always working on putting.

77 last week with the first eagle of the season. Not bad for 2nd round in 6 months.

'09 Nike Dymo 3-Wood
Tommy Armour 855s 2-Iron (from an old set. i can hit it 260-270 and it's accurate so I kept it)
Mizzuno MP-33 irons(absolutely love these and they look great)
Cleveland Wedges obviously
Odessey putter(need a new one very soon)No driver. Dont need one.

need to work on alignment. Contact has become solid, now I need to get the aim down and stopping pulling and pushing shots

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Celebrating recent surge into single digits...I attended the DOCF clinic and immediately improved. No problem with Right Axis Expansion, LATT or The Wall. Still working on Right Axis Containment and DIF for more power. Not plateauing like before because The Wall gets me to exactly the same position at the top every time and LATT propels me to the left side like a rocket into the 'sitdown'. I will post a video as soon as my son shows me how LOL.

Im trying to get use to my new Mizuno mx900's. Just took a huge leap from some crap sticks I had since I was 13.
callaway.gif Diablo 10.5
titleist.gif AP1 4-GW
ping.gifZing Putter
titleist.gifPro V-1
clicgear.gif push-cart 3.0

I've been focusing on conditioning/stability/balance with a TPI program set up for my by a local pro. It's been very challenging (particularly some of the balance/stability exercises) but I think it'll pay off in the long run.
From a swing perspective, really focusing on the first move away from the ball, letting it be driven by my torso rotation and not my hands/arms. Once I get in a good spot there I'm generally good to go.
Bag TM Micro Lite|Driver TM r7 LTD|3W Titleist 906F4|Hybrid Callaway FT3|Irons Titleist DCI 962 Black|SW Vokey Spin Milled 56°|LW Cleveland Byron Nelson 50th - BeCu|Putter Rossa Indy Tour|Ball ProV1

Always and forever, staying down through impact. Maybe golf's most basic fundamental, but if I lose that thought ('stay down') before the club goes back, my left side comes up and out early through the downswing.

Same thing, to a lesser extent, with chipping and putting.

Sean

1. Keeping my right elbow close to my body.
2. Turn in the space I occupy trying not to sway.
3. Different pitch and chip shots.
4. Reading breaks and getting the speed right.
5. Learning my distances, especially wedge swings.
6. Keeping my clubs clean.
7. Draws and fades.

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!