IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Consistent solid contact

high ball flight and a soft land with little roll

rotation through the swing and a circular swing path.

Counting to two after contact before I look up at the ball

I am working on the most basic of all parts of the swing, my alignment. My alignment at address- for all shots- is horrible. I feel that if I just fix my alignment, including exactly where I'm supposed to have the ball in my stance, I can immediately drop strokes.

:Acer: XF Leggera Driver 10.5* True Ace Death Stick 56g Shaft

Β Quick Strike Q4M 21* Hybrid and Q4U 24* Hybrid withΒ Β Platinum 60 Shafts

Β 685 OS Milled Irons 5-PW withΒ Β Platinum 60 Shafts

:Killer Bee: NCW Wedges 52* 56* 60*

:TearDrop: Putter

Β 

I recently switched from righty to lefty and am working on hitting more consistent shots. I am left handed, but like (I think) most lefties, I chose to play righty d/t some obscure reason. The problem is, I could never strike the ball consistently. Since the switch (it only took me 11 years to figure it out...) my shots are much better! I am however, still putting righty. it just feels better... plus, I read an article that stated that it is easier to read putts if your dominant eye is in front of the putt... Don't know if there is any veracity to these claims, but it seems to work. Good luck to me!

My irons are as sweet as they've ever been, straighter and longer than ever. All I'm working on right now is my short game, and my putting. Completely forgotten how to judge a green with my year-long absence.

Ben

1) Swing plane in the backswing
2) Maintaining spine angle through out swing
3) quiet the feet during the swing
4) short game
5) putting
6) Life

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Right hip staying on its inclined plane and getting proper rotation, back and up.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tend to focus on fundamentals with the actual swing - alignment and ball position, primarily. My latest project is the mental game and attempting to integrate "process vs. outcome" thinking into my mindset. Have always been guilty of focusing too much on score... to the detriment of my score!

I find that approaching each shot methodically, with a pre-determined sequence of steps, helps to block out the external thoughts that interfere with the swing.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

pitching, pitching and more pitching.
Picked up a couple wedges, a new 56* and for the first time a 52* (no 60's or anything silly like that)

Going through something similar to the 3x4 wedge system, but I'm simplifying it to 2x3 wedge system.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Holing putts.
Hitting the ball straight.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

1) Getting pure contact with scoring irons.
2) Sinking those pesky 15 ft. putts.
3) Short chips within 10 yds where I can't use bump and run.

In my bag.

Driver R7
Woods S9-1 F (3 & 5)
Irons MP-67 (3-pw)Wedges Tom Watson Classics (GW, LW)Putter: Classic 1Ball Pro V1 or Tour i(s) just cause I can get them at Walmart

My coach has put me through several swing changes. Haha.
Switching from a 1 plane swing to a 2 plane swing, making the grip and setup neutral, relaxing right elbow even more than normal(which is a good bit), firing my hips more(which is also a LOT), working on flexibility(I want a little more than a 90 degree turn), And working on my mental game.

Why? So I get on Tour that much faster. :D Haha.

How I'm doing it? Hitting a bucket of 150 balls focusing on one aspect, and then more buckets focusing on the other aspects. But each bucket is dedicated to focusing on ONE aspect.

WITB;
R9; Tour Issue Aldila DVS R flex
2007 Burner 3 and 5 wood
Mp-60 4-PW KBS Tour R Stiff
MP series 51, 56, 60 Squareback No. 2. DT So/Lo

I am revisiting the five fundamentals with a little more indepth research as to Hogan's secret. The results have been outstanding.
What I have discovered is that when the left wrist is cupped at the top of the backswing and released (or unhinged), and ONLY AFTER the left hip and knee begin to pull foward, the club automatically drops into the "slot".

By unhinging the wrist after the start of the downswing, there is nothing to think about. The club sqares to the ball everytime. It removes the tendency to pull down on the hands to get into the slot, which breaks the rythym and arc of the swing. The speed at which you generate the club head, by driving the knees to the target, creates resistance and the supinination of the wrist is a product of the centrifical force and bowing of the shaft. I can hit crisp, straight and far without thinking a single swing thought.
It needs to be said that unhinging the wrist must take place after the lower body initiates the downswing and that the wrist unhinges in a manner which simulates a flattening of the wrist, ( patting someone on the head) rather than casting a fishing pole. This will improve your shot making tremendously. Try it!

Sand, sand, sand

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Working on flattening out my swing to stop coming over the top so much, which doesn't result in a slice as much of a strong left-right, especially on my irons. Also keeping my wrists a lot tighter and going for a more consistent take away instead of just collapsing my wrists right off the bat. Always working on putting and the short game.

Note:Β This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!