IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Balance, impact, tempo...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm a lefty and I recently started to hook and over draw the ball. I thought my grip was too strong but recently I realised that my hands were turning over. My left hand was the problem. In one of the forums a suggestion was to feel the left hand under at impact. If anyone out there is experiencing similar I strongly advise you do as I do and adhere to the tip, it worked for me. I've worked on this for a week or two and my confidence is back. I play off 4 and last Saturday shot 75 in a club tournament. I'm over 60 and came 2nd against a much younger crowd. Just something simple is usually all it takes....it's just finding it. Best wishes, Lefty

I'm working on keeping my left wrist (I'm right handed) flat throughout the backswing. Seems I have a tendency to cup the wrist which opens the clubface. I get push or push/slice shots that way.

A flat wrist on the other hand combined with a strong grip gives me the desired draw.

Wayne Hudler is an avid golfer of more than 30 years and golf writer.

He partners with Dooley Duffer over at Dooley Duffer Golf. They have created a place where ordinary golfers (we affectionately call them duffers) can get the help they need to improve their games like we did. Become the player...

Better contact, hit a few too many slightly thin on the toe last time out that faded right

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Thursday I was working on my three swings with all of my wedges, Friday I worked on pitching, chipping, and putting, and today I'll be working on maintaining the proper swing plane as I want to switch to a one-plane swing. I have a feeling that today's practice will make for a repeat of Thursday's practice.

Better contact throughout the round. The farther I get into the round, the worse my iron play gets.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

accuracy within a 100 yards. Been working on better position on the green. Also had worked on putting. Changed putters, went from standard putter to a belly putter. This has really seemed to work for me.

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

I'm working on fitness and full swing accuracy. I believe these two go hand in hand. My short game and putting are relatively solid and I'm losing all my strokes to penalties and counter-productive long shots. I have a nasty case of the shanks too. The good news is I hosel-rocketed a hole-in one the other day.
  • Upvote 1

Today I hit 500 chip shots. About five of them were quite decent.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver and Hybrids.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

My anti-slice drive.. I need to post my video and get some help.

My Clubs are
My Ball Selection is..
Ive been golfing for a while.. around 10 years, not very much, but I can't see me spending tons on clubs the way I suck.

Pitch shots around the green. Key thoughts: left wrist cup, hit with the pivot.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Two hours hitting pitches from 20 to 60 yards. Holed out perfectly from 40 yards or so just as it started to rain. Took that as a signal to quit on a high note.

Stretch.

Working on transitioning back to the blades and persimmon for a while. Had the cavity backs and titanium in the bag for "scramble season" and got in a habit of overswinging. Played (or tried to) with the old sticks and couldn't find a rhythm. Short irons were actually pretty good but everything else was UUGGly.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!