IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hips forward, swinging to first base.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Second shots

I've been pretty good from the tee and fairly good around the green and putting, but my second shots on par 5s and long 4s have been brutal. My playing partners today said it looked like I was trying to swing too hard. tomorrow I think I will try to concentrate on hitting smoother and not thinking about trying to kill the ball.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

Tempo. Especially with my irons. I constantly catch myself swinging harder trying to get a few yards. I watch a lot of videos of Ernie Els and try to match that tempo he has. My friends say I have it but I don't feel it.

In my Sasquatch stand bag
Driver: G5 10.5*
Fairway wood: R9 4 wood
Irons: R7 3-PW OR Firesole 3-PW
Wedges: VR 52-10 56-14 & 260-4Putter: TraceyShoe: Powerband 3.0

Take away, hip slide.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Well, so far it's been a crazy year and the question should be what haven't I worked on. I've been working on too many things at once and my results have been minimal. Now, I'm going back to basics and keeping it simple. The top three things I'm working on are swing tempo, grip pressure, and swing plane. Hopefully, by focusing on three components, instead of 20, I can improve my swing and handicap.

These things I have been working on over the past couple of weeks:

1. Shots < 50 yds. I have struggled with this part of my game for years. I have started to analyze my lie before picturing my shot. The goal here is to get shots within 10 feet for a makeable putt.
2. Left-to-right putts. I feel I struggle with these putts being right-handed and sometimes I don't get my putter head back to square on my follow-through, so I'll leave a lot of these putts below the hole. I have been using a Mickelson drill expect spread the balls out to only have L-to-R putts.
3. Swing tempo with my woods. I have always been a good iron player, but inconsistent with my woods (inc. driver). I've taking a mental approach to get back to using the same tempo with my woods as my irons (as Penick would often teach).

FT-5 Tour Driver (9.5* w/ Aldila SV-65 shaft)
Supersteel Burner Fairway Metal (15*)
Supersteel Burner (3-PW) Irons
SV Tour Wedges (50.10, 56.14)
DFX 9900 Putter tour i(x) balls

Hip slide, wrist cock.

Learned the proper version of both these moves in the last 2-3 weeks, and the golf swing finally makes sense and feels smooth and athletic. Problem is I seem to forget to do one of these 2 things often on a swing. Tonight I had 0 tops and only 1-2 bad full swing shots. Seems like it's clicking enough where I can finally focus on short game primarily.

Wow, it's been a while since my previous post, but what the heck. I've been struggling with my swing, and especially consistency, of late. Somehow developed a habit where I'm swinging the club slightly across the ball. Depending on my lower body rotation and release, I have been hitting shots left from the target, either straight or with a noticable draw. Have been working on my backswing and am now trying to get the club up in a more upright position in order to avoid a premature shoulder turn at the beginning of the downswing to straighten the club and thus coming across the ball. Also, am thinking I should see what my right elbow is doing when swinging the ball...

If anyone has any tips on how to ensure I'm striking the ball on the correct line, please let me know.

On the course, I need to make a few more birdies drop, create a fair amount of makeable chances (2-5 per 9 holes). Once my swing is back to where I want it to be, I should start hitting more GIRs. I'm also scrambling terribly at the moment: save par only on occasion when faced with a chip shot.

It's never a walk in the park, is it?

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

Right now, I'm simply trying to groove a consistent swing. For as long as I've been playing (almost 20 years), I've never really felt like my swing was really my swing (if that makes any sense), and I've struggled with consistent ball-striking. I've figured out a few things with my weight transfer lately, and now I'm working on grooving them into my swing.

I recently bought a bag of 100 balls in an onion-sack, and I'm lucky enough to have a place to go and hit them. There's a pitch and putt that's closed with a large field that used to be a driving range adjoining it. The city of Oxford still mows it regularly, and I only have to share it with the occasional other golfer and the Oxford High School cross country team.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Hi
I'm new here.

anyways, I can't hit irons at all. I think my swing is ok, but I figure my cheapo custom no-name iron set off eBay might be to blame

I'm looking at getting a set of Wilson di9's
taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Im currently working on the pitch of my voice when inevitably having to shout "fore right"

But seriously am working on my swing path (mainly with driver) to get a more in to out swing path, Im really chopping across the ball at the moment
And those pesky wedge shots, am blocking them out right at the moment. Long irons could also be a bit better, but theyre not very important right now.

G15 9* TFC 149D Stiff
R9 15* Fujikura Motore Regular
MP-57 3-PW
52*
Z TP 60* black series tour designs #2 34" Prov1 stratus stand bag

Learning to hit my 4 iron. I gave away my 3 hybrid today, I've had enough of trying to learn to hit it. I just never felt comfortable over the damn thing.

Putting. Always putting.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I'm working on getting my divots to start in front of the ball and to have them at their deepest point 4 inches in front of the ball ( The Impact Zone by Bobby Clampett.) I am working on getting my putting to be better than below average, as well as getting a consistent ball flight with the driver.

2007 Burner 460 Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
r7 Irons 3-PW
Vokey Spin-milled 50 degree wedge
r7XD sand wedge 55 degree Pure Feel III putter Tour i balls SG 2.5

I've been completely away from golf for the last 6 months and just got back about 1.5 months (due to my job). I've been playing for almost 9 years, FYI. When I returned to the course, I found that I had the chipping yips. I chunk even the easiest shot from the edge of the greens. The yip was getting worse; sometimes I also bladed the simple chip shots because I was afraid of chunking them.

So, here are what I'm working on at the moment

A. Getting back my feel on chip shots around the green.
B. Driving the ball a little bit further.
C. Short putts (which is what I always work on).

Even now, I still freak out when my ball sits in the rough around the greens. I honestly play better out of the sand and would rather be in one, than had to face the simple chip shot I used to be quite good at.

I'm grinding hard.....

Arms a little more relaxed at address. A little bend in my right arm.

maintaining my tilt away from the ball and turning around that axis. This gets my hands in a better spot at the top and allows me to swing from the inside.

that's good for now.

Note: This thread is 3203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!