IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trying not to consciously manipulate the club in the full swing. Just let those hands move around on the angled plane.

Also, putting. Every day is putting day. I've been yipping like Paris Hilton's ••••ing lapdog.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on releasing my hands properly and not twisting my right wrist(i am a righty) at impact and hooking my irons...

This first time i swung a golf club was on 5/8/10....

Driver: M85T 9.5 Stiff
Wood: Black Max 3W
Hybrid: MHT 3H Irons: Black Max 5-PW, SWWesge: 52*Putter: Black Max Putter

I'm working on my overall game plan and ways to attack the course. As well as hitting further.

Whats in my Nike Xtreme Stand Bag:
Driver-Nike SQ SUMO 5000 10.5* w/ SQ Diamana R Flex
Fairway-Nike SQ DYMO 19*w/ UST Wide Body R Flex
Irons- Nike SQ SUMO 4-P w/ True Temper SpeedStep SuperLite R flex
Wedges- Adams Golf Tom Watson Classic Grind 52.08, 56.12, 60.08 w/ Adams Golf TW Wdg FlexPutter-...

Putting. I have failed this year at improving that aspect of my game.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Still trying to groove a consistent swing.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Mostly keeping my swing consistent, and "punch shots" under 100 yards.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

My tempo of my swing has been way too fast. Working on slowing down and swinging smooth.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

3-, 4-, 5-foot putts using the putting clock. I'm missing way too many inside six feet.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I have the same problems you have referenced in this entry. Can you give me any follow up on how you are doing and what if any drills have helped with the dreaded over the top swing. Thanks

I started working on the Stack and Tilt swing today. Struggled at first with the three iron, and then the seven iron. Hit a few the way I wanted, but I felt like I was still flipping my wrists. I started hitting half pitches, focusing on keeping my "flying wedge" and started making much better contact.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Trying to obtain the ideal impact position - That's my first step to reducing my handicap.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

I'm working on my punch shot and a right to left shot (draw?)

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

working on hitting draws a bit more. A local course I play at a lot has a lot of dog leg rights so I'm comfortable hitting a fade...I recently worked on fixing my hook and got it to a managable level to where I'm hitting draws with my driver at the range. On the course however is a different story. I'm just much more comfortable hitting a fade.

Anyway, this past weekend I had a company tournament where there were 3 holes that were aggressive dogleg left where a draw is needed unless you tee of with an iron. Tee'd off one hole with a 3 wood and hugged the tree line perfectly to the left. Second dogleg left, par 5, grabbed a driver and went for a draw but ended up hooking it. Third hole, I ddn't feel comfortable so I tee'd off with a 6 iron...felt good right off the face but I saw it fall into the trees and thought "shit"... as I approached the ball, the ball was perfectly positioned on the fairway about 20 yards longer than my normal 6 iron shot. Turns out I hit the cart path and took a nice leap right onto the fairway!

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

does anyone have any advice on shot shaping, namely the punch shot and the draw (left to right). I can consistetly move the ball right to left and hit it straight using some wrist action but can't for the life of me get a consistent draw. The last time I played it was windy and I have a pretty low trajectory but the balls never took off into the air, rather just stayed nice and low. I want to know how to reproduce this.

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!