IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Putting Wedge play with the new 58 deg Hybrid Wood 3
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Short game

Keeping arms connected through the swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely my short game. Basically anything inside about 120m (I'm south african so I deal in metres :P ) which i guess is about 130y? That's where I struggle.

My PW is good for 120m on the button. If I have to choke any club or swing within myself things go wrong. I really need to get my hands on a gap wedge that is good for 100m and learn to really gauge my swing and control my shorter shots into the green and give myself more chances.

Also, hitting more GIR.

And of course...putting :)

Driving.

Last season my driving got me in the most trouble, and for me as an 11 handicap trying to make miracle recovery shots from behind trees, in thick rough, across fairways, it ruined a lot of my rounds....this was really evident at a tournament I played with tight fairways and dense bush....shooting three 96's because I had so many lost balls, and OBs

I have been going to the range spending 30 minutes solid with the driver, then 30-45 minutes with all my irons.

My driving has got a lot better, but this is at an indoor range....hoping to start teeing it up at outside ranges in the next few weeks.

If I can start hitting more fairways, I think single digits will be easily accomplished this season

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I am excited to get on the course in about 5-6 weeks to see if all my winter work has paid off. The things I have to fix and think I have is:

1. Out to In swing with the driver which gives me a wicked slice

2. Moving the bottom of my swing to be in front of the ball so I hit the ball first.

3. Had a good short game last year but looking to really tighten it up with some new concepts I have learned.

4. Improve the mental game

If I can get those 4 things working well I will easily get my handicap in the low single digits so I can't wait to finally get out there!!

I've pretty much reconstructed my swing over the winter.  I'm working on keeping my swing in a flatter plane (at nearly 6'3" I've tended to get way too upright at times) and making sure my hips start the downswing.  Fatties have been my nemesis on full swings and the single, most effective swing thought I have for properly shifting my weight to the front is to rotate the hips first.  After a couple of 9-hole rounds, the results are extremely encouraging.  Can't wait for this latest dusting of snow to melt....

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

This year I want to work on shortening my swing, becoming more consistent with my irons, and dedicating more time throughout the season for practice. Every year in the spring I spend a ton of time at the range, but once golf season starts I hardly ever spend time on my game.

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Keeping right arm connected.

Didn't realize how bad this was for me, until I watched my swing videos. This was the main reason I was duck hooking my driver/4 wood and hitting low shots.

Worked on it for around 2 hours yesterday.....results are amazing. I have NEVER hit my clubs so well.

At first I was slicing the ball a little, but slowly found the right mix and started hitting slight draws of 2-3 yards

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

consistant ball first contact.  Hitting it fat is costing me too many strokes.............

cleveland.gif           Launcher 12° Driver - 15°  3W - 1°, 3°, 5° Hybrid - CG-15 60° LW 
mizuno.gif       MP-32 6-PW / MT-10 56°  SW 
Eidolon 52° GW  odyssey.gif      White Hot XG #7 Putter

Don't just stand there..........Smack that ball!

I have a huge slew of things. On the downswing: 1) Hip shift and rotation left 2) Keeping the right arm connected 3) Holding my lag 4) Keeping my head from sliding left When I can get all four of those together in the same swing, I've had some nice runs of straight, slightly drawing, relatively long, iron shots. My biggest problem is that I do a very bad job of controlling my hips. It's never been natural for me and is by far the part of my swing that feels the most awkward.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• 3 weeks later...
Finally got to the range with my new FH-25 when the sun was actually out. I have some notes to work on. - I need to not rotate my forearms so quickly on the initial takeaway. - I need to experiment with not raising my left arm so far up. I don't think I could raise it any higher and claim to have a one-plane swing. - I need to hold lag longer. I've gotten better with my short irons, but I'm still casting like crazy with my mid and long irons. - Steeper shoulders. Must... have... steeper... shoulders...

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted here in a while, so here's what my instructors have me working on:

Full-swing:

1.  Dialing in the right hand position and spine tilt at address.

2.  Keeping my arms in front of me throughout my swing so I don't get stuck.  This requires shoulder flexibility exercises for me.  Basically too much musculature and not enough flexibility for golf from lifting weights over the years and not being good about stretching out.  Here's me completely stuck on my downswing and about to hit either a flip-hook or a mega-block.

stuck.jpg

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

-Stronger grip

-Keeping my left (front) arm straighter and more "pinned" to my body.

-A bit more turn in my shoulders.

Make it so!

Sand shots & putting. The former has cost me some potential career low rounds the past 2 weeks. I'm ok on greenside bunkers but longer sand shots have killed me.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• 2 weeks later...

believe it or not i'm working on my shots between 75-125 yards.  this should be automatic to be on the green from here but i'm flaring it out short and left (i'm a lefty)  i think my clubface is slightly open when i come through. i've been working on making sure my glove strap is pointing toward the ground at impact to try and close the face up a little and get a few more yards out of my wedges

In my Titleist Stand Bag

Driver:      Cleveland Launcher DST 9.5*

5 Wood:   Taylor Made Burner 17.5*

Irons:       Taylor Made Burner 09 4-PW, AW                    

Wedges:  2 Cleveland CG14's -- 56* & 60*

Putter:      Odyssey White Hot XG Sabertooth  ball: TP Black LDP

Greenside chipping is killing my game presently.  Short pitch shots and longer aren't too big a deal for me, meaning I can get them to at least land on the green somewhere.  Chips from just off the green, especially from greenside rough, are nightmares though.  I'll hit one thin and blow the ball across the green into the rough on the opposite side.  Then I'll duff the next just a foot or so, then hit another one thin, again leaving me in the opposite rough.  Then I'll just give up and hit my putter from the rough just to get the ball onto the green.  I can easily waste 6 strokes on this in 18 holes.  It would likely be better to chip away from the green so I can pitch on, which is more in my comfort zone.

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Short Game

Wedge Game

Solid contact

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm working on 120 yards and in. I've been getting par on quite a few holes and I want to get more birdies in there. I am also working on my swing for my fairway woods - as that will help, giving me a shorter second shot.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!