IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm working on making solid and clean contact with the ball. I find that this is the weakest part of my game now so that's why I'm working on it. I'm also working on my short game, specifically 75 yards and in, even more specifically how to put the ball onto the green from that distance and in. I've lost many good opportunities due to my lack of short game or short "chipping" skills.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

• 3 weeks later...

Tilting left to keep my inclination to the ground on the backswing and sliding my hips forwards on the downswing.  Erik certainly knows how much work it is taking.

• 2 weeks later...

Short game. While there's definitely plenty of room for improvement with my putting, recently I've struggled with pitch and chip shots, particularly distance control. So, what I plan to do is to play a couple of rounds of golf alone, and whenever I'm near the greens, play as many shots to the green as is required to get a feel of the distance.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

• 2 weeks later...

1.  Confidence.  Staying confident regardless of how well I'm playing.  Trying to see shots and hit them with authority.

2.  Ballstriking.  Working on the following:

• Getting lower on the backswing.  I want my head to drop an inch or so.
  • Getting the right leg-straigthening action involved more in the takeaway so the club moves inward and the leg is straighter at the top of the backswing.
  • Keeping the arms in front of my torso on my backswing.
  • Pushing my hips toward the target at the top instead of falling in and rotating.  Feeling the stretch in my left side as I start down.  Getting my head even lower on the downswing.

3.  Scoring irons.  Nailing everything from 150 yards and in.  Basically anything 8-iron or less.

I'll occasionally work on putting and chipping a little, but I'm not struggling there so much anymore and don't find that a difficult part of the game.  I'm only hitting 10 greens or so a round.  I want that up to 15 or more.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I worked with my pro this morning on taking myhands out of the swing.  I've always been a feel player and required a lot of things to work perfectly to hit the ball straight.  I was also picker so my compression stinks.   Now I'm swinging more with the arms and lower body and the improvement in my ballstriking is insane.  By taking timing out of the equation and I have a much better feel for a proper impact position.    It's going to take a while to ingrane the feel but I hit a couple of dozen 4 irons today that were just perfect.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Chipping, Pitching and Wedge game.. Its really starting to come together really fast now, i am excited.. Can't wait to play some of the old stomping grounds in NE ohio this weekend..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on a few different areas of my game since I have really only started playing with a little more consistency the past 6 playable months or so.

Drives.

- Solid contact. Shorting my swing on a few holes in order to make solid contact.  Even if I shorten my swing I have been playing some shorting courses lately so I am usually at a playable distance.

- Avoid looking up.  Happened once today while playing a 9 and resulted in a 75 yard duffed shot.

Long Irons/Fairway Woods

- Consistency. Good consistent swing so that I'm not wasting shots out there.

- Getting the ball up in the air a little more.

Wedges/Short Irons

- Getting the ball up in the air.

- Avoid "line driving" the ball over the green while short chipping it.

Putting

- Avoiding 3 putts.  Not trying to sink long shots but get it close enough for a make able second putt.

My drives.

And with the "simple" help of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqHMmMLW9J0

Im hitting them super straight. Its almost scary. For weeks ive been missing every fairway. In the woods, all over the place. Ive spent the past week at the range bombing balls down the middle. Playing tomorrow for the first time. Im about a 20 hcp. I totally expect to score much better tomorrow. We shall see.

As always putting. Find my self on the practice green all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on taking my lefty golf game righty.  I find that i focus more when i play right handed so i have invested in some new clubs.  so far my scores are dropping and i am taking lessons starting next week to get some mechanical flaws out of my swing.  I find that if i take a nice smooth backswing and sweep instead of lifting i am in a better position for my follow through and i hit my driver like it was meant to be hit, with a nice draw.  Now my big problem is with my irons, typically my second shots in the fairways/rough.  i tend to leave my club face open and slice.  my iron play is by far the worst part of my right handed game.  and i am working hard at correcting it.  if anybody has any tips or drills i can focus on at home, please do not hesitate to inform me.  thanks!

Backswing, keeping the clubhead outside my hands when i take the club back.

Release, get the club extending more, i have a slight chicken wing issue.

The swing is so close to being were i want it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am working on squaring up my club face at impact since I tend to push all my shots to the right. I am trying to get a flat left wrist and bent right wrist at the top. Right now I have a cupped left wrist which causes me to have an open club face in my downswing and as a result I need to use my hands too much. So far i am doing better with this but still a work in progress.

In the  Stand Bag:

Raw Distance Extreme Clubs (Driver-Pitching Wedge)

Rac Wedges (54 and 60 degrees)

Rossa Monza Spider Vicino Putter (Face balanced, 1/2 shaft off center, 32", custom fit)

e5 Golf Balls, Golf Glove,  Golf Shoes, The Rules of Golf 2010-2011

USGA Bag Tag, Landshark Golf Towel, Pelz Putting Tutor, Swing Weight, Alignment Stix,  Tour V2

1) Bringing the right elbow down closer to my torso. 2) Holding the right wrist angle. 3) Sliding hips left. My short irons feel decent, but my long irons, hybrids, and driver went to pot these last two sessions.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Birdie putts!

In the bag....

Driver-Titleist 910D2 8.5 diamana ahina Xstiff/ 3wood- Taylormade r9 tp 15degree motore f1 stiff/ 5wood- Titleist 910F 19degree diamana stiff/ 3i-pw- Nike forged pro combos DG x100s/ sw- 54degree titleist spin milled 2011 vokey cc/ lob- 60degree Ping tour S/ Putter- Odessey white hot tour #9.

I need to focus on 2 things, first is to not dive in the backswing by making a good shoulder turn.

second is to get my weight away from the heel.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Putting and short game.  I actually never hit balls at the driving range and I play at least once a week.  I also try to get to the golf course at least 30 minutes to an hour prior to teeing off to practice my putting stroke.  I will practice chipping and hitting wedges from within 20 - 50 yards.

Best results recently, I had 26 putts and 7 up and downs out of 11 attempts to one putt to shot 72 or par for 18 holes last Saturday.  I played the next day and shot 12 over par with 33 putts and only 5 up and downs out of 12 attempts to one putt, so need more practice for consistency.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm just starting out with this, so I'm working on the very beginning of my swing. I'm using almost exclusively a 7i at this point, and working on slow, full swings with good contact. Do I have it yet? No. Today was my 6th bucket of balls and my first lesson is next week. But already I'm figuring out the effects of having the ball forward or back in my stance, and the effects of releasing my hands at the right time.

At this point, a 50 ball bucket will give me 3 strokes that get up in the air and pointing mostly in the direction I'm aiming towards. I'm happy with that.

-12i

• Tempo, rhythm and balance
  • Arm/Hip sequencing during the transition
  • Setup lines

Applies on all shots.

Other than that, 2% of my time is spent thinking of which club to hit and whether to wear a hat or not.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

- Putting exactly where I intend to rather than "around that kinda area"

- Putting pace as I'm leaving too many short.

- Removing analysis from my swing technique and trusting what I've built.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!