IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know I'm just repeating my self now.. I am still working on "Steady Head"

Specifically I am working on making sure that my shoulder continues to keep the same angle till A4, because otherwise I end up with a flat shoulder look at the top and my chin rises and I see mishits and other disasters on the course!

Also, will be working on Key#5 to try and get my start line to the right of my target, as 99% of my shots all have some degree of Draw to Hook type Spin!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

PUTTING PUTTING PUTTING

consistent putting i hit several GIR's but putting spoils it all

what i aim to achieve - lower scores

latest crappy putting thread

iron and driver were excellent ... i shot 10 GIR's but not a single par... total score 102 which had ...... 58 PUTTS

last time i played the same course , just 9 holes i had 15 putts , which i think is pretty decent, today on the same 9 i had 29 putts !!!!! same putter same greens .. .the issue was yesterday that  if i have to hit longer than 8-10 feet i miss the line all together, if i hit the line i leave em short or hit em way past the hole... i need some putting tips to make it consistent... maybe the much slower watered down greens today caused this issue...?

the first day the greens were fast and great, yesterday they were watered down and SLOW SLOW SLOW so needed a firmer longer putting stroke to go the distance.... this threw me off really bad the firmer longer putting stroke was throwing off my line or i was leaving em short of going way way past the hole ...

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Working on the 5SK 1st and 2nd key drills that were posted a while back in a different thread. Over and over again. Next time I go to the range, it will be to hit about 100 balls using the 2nd key drill. I seem to be feeling it better doing about 50 swings the past few nights in my garage with wiffle balls. I also brought my putter into my office and hit about 10-20 balls a day with the Dave Pelz putter track. I putted out of my mind last Saturday, and I like to think that my stroke is becoming more consistent because of the practice.

Working on shoulder turn and not letting left knee kick in towards right big toe .

Always birdies and pars, Henry The room for improvement is vast that three lifetimes could be spent roaming the fairways,carving away at it, convinced that prefection lies just over the next rise. And that hope,perhaps,is the kindest bliss of all that golf bestows upon its devotees. - John Updike

Posture.  I am going to pick up a large mirror tonight to ensure I am doing it right.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

3 days ago I videod swings with 3 different clubs. I noticed I did not have a full wrist cock. I practiced keeping at least 90 degrees of wrist cock longer onto my downswing and had immediate improvement. Immediate means the very next shot. Much better squeeze on ball with irons. Higher loft and more distance. Took to course today and loved the new ball flight but was consistently long. I'll have to get used to the new distances.. Also lightened up grip pressure with no glove. It may just be differentl, but It feels like I have better feel of the club head through the swing. It's a nice feel.

Going to on creating more tension between my hip turn and my shoulder turn. I get pretty close to if not full shoulder rotation but I am now pretty sure my hips are rotating too far around and zapping some power. Will find out tomorrow I guess.

James

Going to on creating more tension between my hip turn and my shoulder turn. I get pretty close to if not full shoulder rotation but I am now pretty sure my hips are rotating too far around and zapping some power. Will find out tomorrow I guess.

My guess is if you try to limit your hips, your shoulders will turn less as a result.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Continuing growing pains mostly associated with feel.

My swing path is more in to out than it "feels" and my club face is more closed than it "feels".

When I trust what I know is happening instead of what I feel is happening it's great...but I'm not trusting it every time yet.

Today on a hole with OB down both sides I tried to hit a fade down the left side and instead hit the ball dead straight down the middle, and the longest drive I've hit in years. That strategy continued to work until a hole with OB down the right and I chickened out and rolled the clubface shut on the way down and hit a weak hook.

Hard to trust that what I feel like is an open face is actually fine.

Still more work to do to find the combination and trust it.

1. Weakening the grip slightly 2. Club face not so closed at A2 but rather feeling as if it is facing the target line No clue where my teacher is going with this but I trust him enough to just do as I'm told even though my draw is gone now and I am hitting fades.. I have been having the best contact ever since I started playing so I'm happy with the progress..

Eyad

My guess is if you try to limit your hips, your shoulders will turn less as a result.

It's not really restricting my hips. Its mainly trying to start the backswing without any movement from the hips and then let the naturally follow the shoulder turn. I did not do well with it anyway so back to the drawing board. I think now I am going try to train my right wrist to break better and be in a better position in my backswing.

James

Based on my lackluster round this last Sunday, going to be working on getting my Backswing/Downswing on plane (currently still too flat) and making sure I'm getting my weight forward. Hopefully can get some video up this week in my My Swing thread....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Went to the range for the first time since picking the game up again. Worked on key #1 and making a centered pivot. Back when I was playing regularly, I had a lot of lateral movement, so I know this will be the first thing I really have to work on. It's crazy how good of a position the simple centered pivot drills put you in.

I'm having trouble dialing back while hitting balls. I'm trying to hit balls with around 50% so I can focus on correct movement, but I find it difficult to execute the movements properly without swinging a bit harder. Something to work on.

Thanks to looking through some "my swing" posts and finding someone's swing that looked really, really similar to mine, and happened to have the same name which was odd, I am going to work on a towel drill to stay connected and work on feeling like I start my hips rotating back on the downswing instead of just sliding. Very excited to see what it does after some dry swings.

James

I am working on 3 things.  2 of them are not new, just maintaining the old items and one is new.

1.  Make sure my right hand doesn't get any stronger, and if anything weaken it a little bit more

2.  Make sure that my stance doesn't get any wider, but narrow it slightly if possible

3.  The new piece is broken into two parts..

a)  take away - work on taking away the club with the toe facing up

b)  downswing - laying the club down as I get from A4 to A6

The purpose is to change my swing path and get rid of the fade that I currently hit, and start working on really having a consistent draw ball flight.

I think this is going to be one of the harder pieces to really work on, but as long as I keep the contact that I am currently making I hope it will be an easy transition from my mirror and range to the course!

Eyad

At this point I'm working on not snapping all my clubs in half!

Besides that, I've noticed that I have a tendency to really tense up lately because of my troubles so I'm focusing on trying to stay relaxed.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Tough day at the range today. I couldn't really feel my swing properly with anything past the 7 iron, so I spent most of the time trying to take smooth, focused swings with the 9. I need to get on camera somehow.

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!