IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fixing my posture (back too slouched, legs too straight), and correcting my massively vertical swing plane. I have no idea how I ever hit a good shot with this swing. Practice time!

I had no idea that video was so useful. I would probably never have worked out my problem without down-the-line video, or a pro telling me what was wrong. As soon as the instructor showed my the playback of my flat backswing looping to a vertical downswing I cringed.
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

This week is all about going to the range and hitting the driver straight. I don't have to hit it long, just straight. I have a tourney Sunday and the course has some tight fairways.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Driving! It is so erratic. Hitting 3/14 fairways.

Also 4i, 5i. Just can't hit a hybrid, and irons are much cooler

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Hello,
Because I am a short timer ("full time playing" only 1 1/2 yrs), big goals are just hitting the #*@^%! ball most of the time. This yr better than last, sorta.
Big problems; #1, moving head up and down #2,tempo #3, short clubs (6' 5" w/stanard clubs?) #4, self teaching.
Hitting a lot of wiffle balls just to get some-what of a "groove' to be ingrained.
Not going to give up, Love the game and I am already hopelessly addicted.

DRIVER: SIEGE Clone 10.5º @ 45" 460cc
#1 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 9.5º @44 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
#3 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 13º @43 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
2-9,PW,SW IRONS "TOUR MODEL II" Black Dot TRUE TEMPER Dynamic
(3I @38 1/2" - 9I @35 1/2")RESCUE/HYB "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (SG tm) 24º @41 1/4"

I'm currently working on well a lot of things. I'm trying to be more consistent with my driver. I hit it straight about 80% of the time but I also want to hit it consistently further. I hit it about 260 now but I want it to be closer to the upper 200's. For my irons, I'm trying to obtain consistent distances every time I hit the ball and also trying to learn how to judge distances better. And I am learning how to read the greens better for putting. Luckily I have the entire summer to work on this with no other school requirements to interfere with my game

I'm working on my stance - my legs are getting wider at the 7-iron, leading to inconsistent contact.

I'm also working on ball position - I was standing too close to the ball before I hit it (to say nothing of afterward).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been hitting my irons PW, 9 & 8 irons with full shots and short hip high back swing pitch shots over the weekend. I hit 120 balls for about an 1 1/2 hours 3 times.

I played today and noticed my irons were solid from the practice over the weekend. my putting suffered especially my distance control, hitting too long and too short.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Stack and tilt time. 'Nuff said.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

I'm working on focusing on my swing thoughts. I know what I'm supposed to do most of the time, but I usually forget one thing.

2 thoughts usually help me when I'm hitting poorly, "Tempo" and "hit down on the ball". I'm not sure what the "hit down on the ball" swing thought does, but it works for me somehow.

I'm also working on chipping around the green. I've noticed over the years that most amateur golfers (including myself) decelerate through the ball around the green because we're afraid to hit it too far, the result being stubbing the club in the ground hitting the ball 2 feet when I meant to hit it 20 yards etc. So, a TON of practice right now in that area!

-=gos=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What I play...
Driver - Burner Draw
Fairway - FY-Brid 3 Wood
Hybrid - Burner Rescue 19*Irons - R7 Draw 4-SW/LWWedge - CG14 Black 50*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - TP RedBag - Stand Bag=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Putting in a lot of time to my shortgame. More to putting than chipping/pitching/sand game. Using a friend's SC Circa 62 that was cut to 33" and added leadtape with a very thin SC grip. I've been holing more putts and lagging it much better. The Ping Anser 2 was a bit too light for liking and couldn't keep my putts on line.

« Keith »

Mostly trying to more finely tune and standardize my grip, address, set up, ball position to a point where I have a more consistent platform.

From there I am using my 6 iron mostly as a way to try to figure out why I am sometimes hooking or overcooking my draw-based swing, pushing at other times.

Also trying to get loose enough that I can go spend some time with my pro, without having any transitory physical impediments that make the session a waste of time. (Ukno, stuff like stiff back, strained muscles from other more extreme sports, things that don't help your golf once you pass about age 45.)

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

I focused on hitting full 7 irons hitting off of grass and into the wind.
I hit about 60 ball with full swing and 60 ball with 3/4 swing and later I practice hip high pitch shots to judge the distance the ball travel.

I played the next day and hit my irons very solid and notice a difference.
When I practiced I focus on what take away gave me the most solid contact and straight shots.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I'm working on my putting. I think my problem is slightly with mental attitude. I often start a round being too tentative and dropping puts short then as I try an rectify it I become too bold and hit it far past the hole. I really need to work on my mental attitude as I become very jerky on my puts because I am beggining to fear my putting. I play off 6 but I think if I fix my putting I could really start to threaten scratch.

I need to work on my irons and putting right now. My short game has gotten tremendously better since the season started. My putting is on and off lately when usually its pretty solid. Iron contact has been pretty weird lately so I have been trying a few different things.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Note: This thread is 3203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!