IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am working on really squeezing my elbows together in an effort to look a little more like this.

Still have some way to go ...

Got that from Dana, did you?

I also work on elbows together.

____

Yesterday --

I am working on some 5SK Moves -- roll up the toes, and roll the ankles to get the weight FORWARD.

The drills were very helpful.

I always work on my big bugaboo - which is keeping the trailing elbow at the shirt seem and not behind it - trying to feel as if my right arm does not bend (so my arms feel more in front of me) and putting pressure onto the left thumb.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anyone have any drills to help with pulling down on the club with your arms instead of letting the club follow through?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Does anyone have any drills to help with pulling down on the club with your arms instead of letting the club follow through?

Off topic for the thread but....

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread/18#post_806395

http://thesandtrap.com/t/61376/5sk-video-thread/90#post_836200

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Now that I have a decent and consistent swing, a reasonable drive, reasonable and comfortable distances with all my clubs, and decent chipping, I need to work on my putting.

I refuse to 3 putt more than two or three holes per round. Worse yet, getting a triple bogey from a birdie putt position, the infamous 5 putt. My putting is even worse than when I first started. Then again, I have not actively practiced it for over 3 months.

Need to get on a track with 65/25/10.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

For me, I try to get the feeling of just letting the hands fall down.  I get into trouble when my hands get too active. Sorry - I don't have a drill.

I do the same, except I use my sand wedge to hit into the side of my dogs bed, which is about 4" thick. I do it slow enough that I keep that feeling of a flat wrist, and I can check my position of impact on mt dogs bed. I know it sounds weird, but it works for me.

Today being that I feel better, I had my 56* and practiced my swing path, what a difference.

For Mike or Erik, Being that my spine is curved and twisted, it's really hard for be to thrust my glutes toward the sky, as described in one of your vids, with my improved swing path, I get to my left side pretty easy and retain good balance, but I'm standing fairly straight up and down as opposed to having that arch in my back. Is there anything to do, or do I have to live with my swing..?

1) trying not to kill the person in the next fairway with my Hook from Hell.

2) working on a stiff left arm / locked wrist chip shot ( sorta like a putt ) ... so far - deadly accurate... way less chance of error

3) lining up my irons with the shaft inside the leading edge of the ball ( to keep from hitting on the outer part of the blade mishit).  basically lining the ball up with the shaft instead of the blade.

FYi:Golf Is Hard

Nike SQ Machspeed 9.5 driver

Callaway Diablo Edge 3h,4h-SW

Acme Janky 58 wedge

Oddessey White Hot blade 

Callaway Extreme Bag

Precept DYNAWINGS 

Nike Batting Gloves!

WTB: Cleveland CG14 or CG16 58 or 60...  and ... Nike SQ machspeed 3W + tool

Im currently working on every aspect of my game in honesty the only part I have improved is my attire and how I dress. At times my stance and swing are strangers ... I club top slice hook and god knows what else.. My drive is sometimes straight as a pencil but other times it slices.

Been doing decently with Keys 1-3. Right now, Evolvr has me focusing on Key #5 throughout the entire swing as well as getting the club a little more vertical.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• 2 weeks later...
Mid range irons from an elevated lie or hitting shots when the ball is above your feet in the stance

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Hacker, have a friend assist you with this drill.

Step-1.

Take the club to the top of your back swing and hold this position.

Now have your friend grab the club with both hands from behind you, left hand on the club head and the other about mid shaft.

Explain to him to try and resist the club from going in the downward motion.

When he is ready, you try to complete the swing, easily on the first attempt and then with a little more force / effort upon the next attempts.

If you can not pull the club down to about waist level or the arms bend at the elbows, then you are only pulling the club with your hands and arms.

Step-2.

If you can pull the club down to waist level without the arms breaking, then you are swinging correctly and it should feel

like you shoulders and arms are working together, properly.

The final result when done properly, you should end up with the club pointed downward with the hands below waist level.

From this position, the rest of the swing would be natural for the completion of the swing.

Step-3.

Instruct your friend to release his hold on the club when you reach this position.

Just use caution not to pull the club out of your friends hands.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

This week I've worked on my halfway back position.

Quite amazed at how much better the contact is just from moving hands parallel so club faces upwards, without hinging the wrists. Now understanding the feeling of having the clubface open during most of the swing.

Next week will work on the halfway back position to ensure the club is pointing to the target each time

To clarify:

• 3 weeks later...

Putting it's winter, I really need to eliminate 3 putts to no worse than 1 every other round, greens at home course are very fast and tricky so if I can get it down there I feel like I'll be able to handle almost any greens. I always feel that if I can toss a ball close from around the green fairly consistent then I need to train that feeling to a golf club.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I think this video explains it well:

Hogan Power Drill

Using a short club to practice this helps, though you make not see the point of it until you try.  I use a kids club and do the motion 10 times for 3 sets, so 30 total, every few evenings or so.  I think conciously trying to do it screws up your flow, but doing it over and over will help slowly work it into your scheme.

With all due and earned respect for Mr. Clements, that is not how the head works. In Hogan's swing (singular) and the Tigger's swings (plural iterations), the head goes down a little bit going back, and a little bit more down from the top to impact.  After that it returns to the address position and then upwards. Just saying what I have observed and think, not what I know.

Right now i am working on

1. Flatter attack to ball (i have a slightly steep swing

2. consistent Ball striking (i sway on the back swing at times and don't end with all my weight forward)

3. lag putting

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Working on bunker shots, focusing on distance control.

Working on chip-putting with 9 iron from 1st cut.

Working on ball striking accuracy.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!