IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm focusing this whole year on course management such as when to lay up where to miss etc. I have pretty much gone as far as i want with the physical aspect to the point where more tinkering would be counter productive, its pretty liberating lol.

• 2 weeks later...

To make my range work a bit more like course play, I alternated Driver / short iron to ingrain setup, tempo, & swing feel differences.

Went pretty well.

Kevin

To make my range work a bit more like course play, I alternated Driver / short iron to ingrain setup, tempo, & swing feel differences.

Went pretty well.

I play a simulation round at range.   I know my home course well and go through all the clubs as if I am playing a round.

My driver went mental in the last two weeks.  My 70% FIR for the month went down to 60%.  Worse yet, the misses have been grounders, and shanks to OB areas.   I could not figure out what went suddenly wrong.  I panic'd and went to range for a large bucket and hit drive after drive.   I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.   As I did many times before, I wasn't turning by upper body (shoulder, hip) enough.   I will be practicing hitting drives more going forward.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to work on my full swing yardages....  I've got a good idea where I am at but I need to dial them in a little.

I think I'm about here with my averages...  I need to play a round by myself and just drop at certain yardages and hit a few golf balls...

3 wood - 240

18* hybrid - 225

4 iron - 200

5 iron - 185

6 iron - 172

7 iron - 160

8 iron - 147

9 iron - 135

PW -    120

50*  -    105

.... It looks right...  but I find myself second guessing the last couple times on the course and I don't like it...  I've got to commit and trust -

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Similar to "What'd You Shoot Today," "Best Shot of the Week," "2009 Goals," and other similar threads, I thought it'd be neat to have a thread that asks: "What are you working on?"

The rules:

Post what you're working on, why, what you hope to accomplish, how you're doing about it, etc.

Post when you begin something new, take a new approach, etc.

Don't reply to any posts unless your reply also accomplishes the two things listed above.

In other words, this isn't a true "discussion" thread, much like "What'd You Shoot Today" isn't a discussion thread - more of a "post or read" kind of thread. If you truly want to reply to someone else's post, start a new thread and quote the post in this thread.

I'll have something to add Friday after my first lesson, but until then, someone go ahead and get us started: What are you working on?

Working on grip pressure.  Instructed to hold the club at about a 3 out of ten...very light pressure.  Here is where my instructor hammered the following into my head...THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE THAT YOU HAVE AT ADDRESS  (3) IS THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE YOU SHOULD HAVE AT IMPACT.  Read that again TEN times.  Most of us have the natural tendencey to start overgripping at the top of our backswing and then end up with a grip pressure of 8. Too tight a grip introduces stress and tightness into the swing...otherwise known as the death grip.  With a loose grip at impact you have more lag which leads to more power.  You want to unhinge those wrists by themselves without trying to control them.  You can only do this with a loose grip just before impact.

Working on grip pressure.  Instructed to hold the club at about a 3 out of ten...very light pressure.  Here is where my instructor hammered the following into my head...THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE THAT YOU HAVE AT ADDRESS  (3) IS THE SAME GRIP PRESSURE YOU SHOULD HAVE AT IMPACT.  Read that again TEN times.  Most of us have the natural tendencey to start overgripping at the top of our backswing and then end up with a grip pressure of 8. Too tight a grip introduces stress and tightness into the swing...otherwise known as the death grip.  With a loose grip at impact you have more lag which leads to more power.  You want to unhinge those wrists by themselves without trying to control them.  You can only do this with a loose grip just before impact.

You don't think this is a helpful swing thought?

Kevin

Keep working on my full swing, specially trying to fix my driver´s slice. It costed me two holes on the last tournament, and however a did at last 37 points. Imagine what I can do when I were able to hit the driver with no slice!!!! dream with this moment...

:nike:

Shortening my backswing and strengthening my grip.

It's amazing how much time and effort needs to go into such a simple thing to make a real change!

The push draw with my irons.

I tend to hit my woods straight, so I'm leaving that alone. It's the mid-clubs that I want to start right and slightly draw rather than hook left of the green. The "start it right" part is the goal.

I correlate this to keys 4 and 5, which are my aforementioned objectives for this season.

I found myself at the range yesterday morning due to some unexpected free time; just hitting a few 8I shots... It dawned on me that I wasn't making the most of my practice by just swinging away, so I began to recall some advice from LSW plus some other notes I've pulled from the site. Summarily, with a square set-up, slightly open face and a path right of target, I was hitting these consistent push draws. 12 out of 15, not caring about distance so much although the ball was covering close to the 150 marker.

I find it easy to either skip practice or do it without much focus - more of a basic swing check. Yesterday was not quite the epiphany, but it reinforced TST lessons/advice as well as being a lot of fun.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

1. Bouncey shaft at top of backswing 2. Flipping at ball causing hooks, unless my timing is on that day 3. Correcting my flat plane 4. Transition or proper weight transfer 5. Not working on too many things as once lol

Update 5-11-15

Full Swing

Working on transition and how the body works through impact. Getting the left arm out towards the ball more in the downswing. Getting my left hip to crash back and around me more and sooner in the swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Basically alignment and address followed by Keys 1, 2, and 3. For me they all seem to work together. If one part gets out of line, it all seems to fall apart. And I can't seem to find the time to get enough good reps to get it all ingrained.

I have somehow lost a more than a club in distance over the last 7-8 months, so working on getting back some distance. Need more lag in the club - based off previous videos, I have lost a lot of this. My PW used to be my 150 club, now I am hitting it 130ish - as well as trying to not swing as flat ( scooping the ball almost )

Woods are still going the same distance - irons are an issue.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Posted my first evolvr vids on Saturday, so I'll find out what I'm working on soon.  Installed net and mat in backyard to allow easier practice (read as no excuse no to!).  :)

My driver went mental in the last two weeks.  My 70% FIR for the month went down to 60%.  Worse yet, the misses have been grounders, and shanks to OB areas.   I could not figure out what went suddenly wrong.  I panic'd and went to range for a large bucket and hit drive after drive.   I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.   As I did many times before, I wasn't turning by upper body (shoulder, hip) enough.   I will be practicing hitting drives more going forward.

This issue with driver is fixed.  Back to hitting high 60% FIR.  Complete the back swing and I am good.

Will be focusing more on chipping, pitching (40 - 70 yards), and putting to tighten my short game.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!