IGNORED

The Players!

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who's winning the players championship this week? tiger, phil, sergio retain (pfft)?! ill be going with my usual standard bet of ak (i back him every time hes in the field, gluton for punishment recently) but who do you feel will come out on top??

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like David Toms this week. I think he is playing very well and should win soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boo Weekley to play very well also.

i think tiger will win it after his performance in the first round of the quail hollow tournament. I dont think sergio will have much of a chance the way he has been playing.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

its hard to bet against Tiger.

I'll bite on this one. I am definitely going to bet against Tiger. I'm feeling about a 5th-9th place finish for him.

These aren't exactly dark horses but I like O'hair and Mickelson.

I think after the performance at Quail Hollow, Tiger is going to step his game up this week.
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

I'm going to say phil or villegas. Phils been playing pretty consistently and I think he's bound to win soon. And villegas...Well, I've always liked him and his persona and I think hes been doing well enough to win sooner or later.

Tigers been doing alright lately as well, but hes been changing shafts in his driver to find something that fits and has been a little sporadic off the tee. I'm going to guess the same for the players, unless he finds a shaft thats on for him.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

After watching a 51-1 shot win the Kentucky Derby, I'm going the Jodie Mudd/ Craig Perks route and pick Eric Axley.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I'm going to spread out my prediction a little bit. I'll say that the winner will be under the age of 33, and from the British Isles. That means Paul Casey, Luke Donald, Ross Fisher, Rory McIlroy, Ian Poulter, Justin Rose, or Oliver Wilson.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Although he hasn't been a huge factor that last few weeks, I'm going to pick Geoff Ogilvy. Accurate, great iron play, and a solid putter. All necessary at Sawgrass.

Dark horse.......I wouldn't discount Sean O'Hair again. He's got an awfully hot hand right now.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had two good Yahoo! Fantasy golf weeks in a row, which probably means I'm due to have a bad week! For the Zurich, I had Charles Howell and Sabbatini going, who tied for 2nd place. Last week I had Sean O'Hair and Lucas Glover going who finished 1st and 2nd respectively.

This week I'm going with:

Four starters: Tiger, Charlie Hoffman, Brian Gay, Luke Donald
Four bench players: Kenny Perry, Stricker, Tim Clark, Goosen

My basic plan for the week is going with guys who hit fairways. Tiger obviously is the exception! Hopefully he gets his driving woes under control by Thursday! It will be interesting to see how my gameplan works out.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am thinking Phil and Villegas with a close Tiger.

Don't see Sergio anywhere close.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

Non-Tiger/Phil picks....

Nick Watney

Rory Sabbatini (playing him at 80-1 for $50)

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Betting against Tiger is not a way to accumulate wealth. However, accuracy at Sawgrass is important, and last week Tiger hit only 45% of fairways. Phil was 41%.

If you are going to pick someone other than these two, now's the time to do it.

Betting against Tiger is not a way to accumulate wealth. However, accuracy at Sawgrass is important, and last week Tiger hit only 45% of fairways. Phil was 41%.

So true.

I'm gonna laugh at Garcia when he comes up with his feable excuses yet again. "I played so well to score so poorly....but zee greens....they were just too green....the shade...it clashes with my belt...". A straight driver like Furyk could be the one.....
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Non-Tiger/Phil picks....

Then... Zach Johnson and Retief Goosen. Dark horse would be Mike Weir cause he's due for a win. And Its a bit of a long shot but if AK can hit it straight off the tee at Sawgrass, he'll make alot of birdies.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!