IGNORED

The Players!

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betting against Tiger is not a way to accumulate wealth. However, accuracy at Sawgrass is important, and last week Tiger hit only 45% of fairways. Phil was 41%.

I agree, awful of the tee and below average flatstick for #1 and #2.

I say Trevor Immelman has a good tourney, since fellow South African Goosen being regarded as the country's best, he might want to have his clubs make a statement. Obvioulsy Tiger and Phil in top 10, but someone else wins. So in summary...I have no idea who wins.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

K.J Choi or Tim Clark. Take that to the bank!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

My man Phill over Rory Mcilroy.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I'm hoping Kenny Perry gets this one, he deserves it after that meltdown in Augusta..

Perry will never be the same player again after that.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Anthony Kim
Kenny Perry
Phil Mickelson
Davis Love
Jim Furyk
Danny Lee

are my picks

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Sean O'Hair is going to win back to back.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Paul Casey
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Wow...did things get interesting with this comment by Phil?

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – NBC-TV analyst Johnny Miller walked three holes with Phil Mickelson on Tuesday.

Miller confirmed suspicions about how Tour players are assessing the Tiger Woods they're seeing since Woods returned from knee surgery.

"Phil said that `Now Tiger has to putt well to win by one, and we like it that way,'" Miller said in a teleconference Wednesday.

With Woods struggling with his driver, Miller says Mickelson's not the only Tour pro thinking that way.

"That's the feeling on Tour now, `Tiger is still Tiger, but he has to putt well to beat us, and he might beat us by just a shot. The game's on now.'"

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I dont think the comments are that far off. But at the same time, its always been that way. He does the most damage with his putter. Tiger has never been the best ballstriker on tour, but he has been the best player.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Wow...did things get interesting with this comment by Phil?

I wonder if Steven Ames is thinking that (or saying aloud). One thing that has motivated Tiger thoughout his career is people making predictions of his demise.

I was hoping for Couples, but he just isn't playing well at all. Watson has made some pretty great putts today, though. I wouldn't mind seeing him picking up a big win like this.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
So I had picked David Toms in the podcast, and he's doing well.

I was worried Phil might win this week because if he does and Tiger doesn't finish in the top 4, Phil would be #1 OWGR - and since Tiger likely won't finish in the top 4, then that'd be a bit of a farce. But that doesn't seem to be a problem, as Phil is currently T104 and +2 after starting the day -3 through 4 holes... Ouch. He just dunked it on 16 and bogeyed.

Speaking of #16, that was virtually Tiger's only good shot today: a second shot to 3'11" for a near tap-in eagle. Thank goodness he had that - he still only got to -1 on the day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I want to know what the aliens did with the real Phil Mickelson after the 5th hole. It was like watching 2 totally different people...lol

So far my take on this first day....an absolute snoozer. And no I'm not saying that because Tiger or Phil didn't light up the scorecard, but it was just boring. The leaderboard looks like something we might see in October or November. I'm looking for Ogilvy or Stenson to make a push tomorrow, but I'm rooting for Camilo from here on out.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

• Administrator
So far my take on this first day....an absolute snoozer. And no I'm not saying that because Tiger or Phil didn't light up the scorecard, but it was just boring. The leaderboard looks like something we might see in October or November. I'm looking for Ogilvy or Stenson to make a push tomorrow, but I'm rooting for Camilo from here on out.

I mentioned Camilo in the podcast too. Hmmm, Toms and Camilo, my two picks, both played well. I'm not worried though - they'll fall apart sooner or later.

Agreed on the snoozefest. Kind of a blah day for some reason. Can't put my finger on why... everyone's just feeling things out and playing as safe as possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!