Sign in to follow this  
mcfc_nick

The Players!

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

76 posts / 9812 viewsLast Reply

Who's winning the players championship this week? tiger, phil, sergio retain (pfft)?! ill be going with my usual standard bet of ak (i back him every time hes in the field, gluton for punishment recently) but who do you feel will come out on top??

I really like David Toms this week. I think he is playing very well and should win soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boo Weekley to play very well also.

i think tiger will win it after his performance in the first round of the quail hollow tournament. I dont think sergio will have much of a chance the way he has been playing.

its hard to bet against Tiger.

I'll bite on this one. I am definitely going to bet against Tiger. I'm feeling about a 5th-9th place finish for him.

These aren't exactly dark horses but I like O'hair and Mickelson.

I'm going to say phil or villegas. Phils been playing pretty consistently and I think he's bound to win soon. And villegas...Well, I've always liked him and his persona and I think hes been doing well enough to win sooner or later.

Tigers been doing alright lately as well, but hes been changing shafts in his driver to find something that fits and has been a little sporadic off the tee. I'm going to guess the same for the players, unless he finds a shaft thats on for him.

I'm going to spread out my prediction a little bit. I'll say that the winner will be under the age of 33, and from the British Isles. That means Paul Casey, Luke Donald, Ross Fisher, Rory McIlroy, Ian Poulter, Justin Rose, or Oliver Wilson.

Although he hasn't been a huge factor that last few weeks, I'm going to pick Geoff Ogilvy. Accurate, great iron play, and a solid putter. All necessary at Sawgrass.

Dark horse.......I wouldn't discount Sean O'Hair again. He's got an awfully hot hand right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had two good Yahoo! Fantasy golf weeks in a row, which probably means I'm due to have a bad week! For the Zurich, I had Charles Howell and Sabbatini going, who tied for 2nd place. Last week I had Sean O'Hair and Lucas Glover going who finished 1st and 2nd respectively.

This week I'm going with:

Four starters: Tiger, Charlie Hoffman, Brian Gay, Luke Donald
Four bench players: Kenny Perry, Stricker, Tim Clark, Goosen

My basic plan for the week is going with guys who hit fairways. Tiger obviously is the exception! Hopefully he gets his driving woes under control by Thursday! It will be interesting to see how my gameplan works out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Betting against Tiger is not a way to accumulate wealth. However, accuracy at Sawgrass is important, and last week Tiger hit only 45% of fairways. Phil was 41%.

If you are going to pick someone other than these two, now's the time to do it.

Betting against Tiger is not a way to accumulate wealth. However, accuracy at Sawgrass is important, and last week Tiger hit only 45% of fairways. Phil was 41%.

So true.

I'm gonna laugh at Garcia when he comes up with his feable excuses yet again. "I played so well to score so poorly....but zee greens....they were just too green....the shade...it clashes with my belt...". A straight driver like Furyk could be the one.....

Non-Tiger/Phil picks....

Then... Zach Johnson and Retief Goosen. Dark horse would be Mike Weir cause he's due for a win. And Its a bit of a long shot but if AK can hit it straight off the tee at Sawgrass, he'll make alot of birdies.

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!