Sign in to follow this  
Caddyshack

Shorter driver shafts

Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

59 posts / 31382 viewsLast Reply

Cutting off the tip gives you a higher launch? I thought it was the other way around?

Well, in theory, it makes the bend point lower, so it does indeed cause a higher launch. However, the increased stiffness negates it to some degree.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

<--------------- not tall.......

Currently at 44.75" which has helped alot. Launch angle on anything that is not a huge block is too low, going to have the tip cut tomorrow by 1/2"-3/4" or so which will get me to 44.25"/44" which should allow me the freedom to make a more upright swing.

Also jacked around on Ebay and purchased a new Axivcore Blue, 78G, stiff, 1810. Hoping this increases the launch angle and it also has a lower torque value than the Aldila model on the driver now.

love shortening clubs, if it hasn't already been made clear by the other tall and lower cap players who have gone down to 44 and less, yes it is a good idea for almost everyone. I'm 6'4 and have it chopped to 44 as well, no need for much more, hurts more than it helps.

Had my driver 3 and 5 cut 1 inch yesterday.......................no time to go to the range until this afternoon...........

But I stepped into my yard and hit all 3 ,4 times straight and sweet no draw no slice, just pure flight as all 12 balls dissappeared into the woods at around 150 yards!!!

No warm up just tee up and hit not bad for a guy who has been playing 2 months....... much rather play from the fairway after a 250 drive rather than seeking a 300 yd slice.

Note: This thread is 2536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
  • Popular Now

• As to the milling being cheaper than inserts I'm going to have to politely disagree there too. AFAIK cheapest inserts are much much much cheaper in production than cheapest milling. You have to factor in the cost of milling tools and their maintenance. A cast clubhead requires zero tools to insert. One human can probably do 400-500 inserts in a day, and the materials are super cheap. Milling requires a mill. And bits. And programs. And people who keep those things running. As far as I know the costs are not comparable at all, and that accounts for why all the cheap clubs at Walmart have inserts while the buying trend is milled. Golf Spy did a piece on this but suffice to say I can't agree with that statement but i respect your opinion. Cheers. 🙂   The TRUE Cost of Making a Putter Manufacturers throw around plenty of buzzwords to justify higher costs, but what does it really cost to make a putter? The answer may surprise you.  
    • Perhaps he was too weak to lift the club after "blasting" that drive...
    • And just to insert a quick reality check here cheapest putter at Walmart is $60 USD and as I mentioned is neither milled, stamped, nor Winn gripped.  Cheers. 🙂 Merchants of Golf 1113533 Tour x Golf Black Putter no.550 | Walmart Canada Buy Merchants of Golf 1113533 Tour x Golf Black Putter no.550 from Walmart Canada. Shop for more Golf Clubs available online at...   Stamping a hosel is not trivial to the mass production of a club if costs are your priority. Ask any club maker they will confirm. Anyhow I appreciate your feedback, noted. Cheers.
    • You're the second person in the past two minutes to say that, and like the other, I didn't miss the point. Patent pending means almost nothing. It doesn't mean they've been granted a patent. It costs very, very little to submit a patent application. Nobody's said "cheap as possible." Except you just now, and me in quoting it right here. The grip may be an aftermarket grip. Dude, it's not an expensive putter. If you can get $10 or $15 for it, go for it. That's my recommendation. It's a flat piece of metal on the end of a stick. I could make a putter that "rolls" things perfectly well enough for $4 in parts from Lowe's and a putter shaft. Hell, a hammer could "roll" it well. You're missing the points: The putter is nothing special. It's not worth much $. It's probably from some overseas, cheap, Chinese type place with no actual web presence or any sort of actual company. If it was a known company, Google would have some information on it. The lack of anything on it is a big key bit of information that you're ignoring.
    • Totally different logo, not the same Red Zone. I googled first, deduced the ones you mentioned were not a match, then came here. You missed the point. I do not see "patent pending" on hosels. I handle lots of putters. I can't explain it's presence to you obviously as I have yet to determine the origin of the putter but anyone who makes clubs knows that stamping the hosel is a step you would never make if you were making "cheap as possible" clubs. Again, no one said it's an expensive club but definitely was not made as cheaply as possible. Walmart's cheapest clubs do not have Winn Pistol grips, you can confirm that easily.   I just want to find out who this company was and this putter if I can, if I can't it's not really something I want to defend to someone who's never touched it. But I appreciate the feedback. It's definitely not manufactured to the cheapest standards, nor does it feel cheap. The roll is on par with more expensive clubs and nothing like the myriad $10 clubs here. Cheers.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. AlohaMarine
      AlohaMarine
      (48 years old)
    2. GL08191951
      GL08191951
      (68 years old)
    3. jmanbooyaa
      jmanbooyaa
      (42 years old)
    4. samie
      samie
      (57 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...