IGNORED

Shorter driver shafts

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cutting off the tip gives you a higher launch? I thought it was the other way around?

Well, in theory, it makes the bend point lower, so it does indeed cause a higher launch. However, the increased stiffness negates it to some degree.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<--------------- not tall.......

Currently at 44.75" which has helped alot. Launch angle on anything that is not a huge block is too low, going to have the tip cut tomorrow by 1/2"-3/4" or so which will get me to 44.25"/44" which should allow me the freedom to make a more upright swing.

Also jacked around on Ebay and purchased a new Axivcore Blue, 78G, stiff, 1810. Hoping this increases the launch angle and it also has a lower torque value than the Aldila model on the driver now.

love shortening clubs, if it hasn't already been made clear by the other tall and lower cap players who have gone down to 44 and less, yes it is a good idea for almost everyone. I'm 6'4 and have it chopped to 44 as well, no need for much more, hurts more than it helps.

• 2 years later...

Had my driver 3 and 5 cut 1 inch yesterday.......................no time to go to the range until this afternoon...........

But I stepped into my yard and hit all 3 ,4 times straight and sweet no draw no slice, just pure flight as all 12 balls dissappeared into the woods at around 150 yards!!!

No warm up just tee up and hit not bad for a guy who has been playing 2 months....... much rather play from the fairway after a 250 drive rather than seeking a 300 yd slice.

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!