IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No guns. Know probability.

Inappropriate. You're really revealing more about your own personality than anything else when you say things like that.

Posted Images

I've been a police officer for 5 years and have a couple......

I carry a Glock 27 off duty, Sig P229 .40 cal on Duty (have another Sig229 for Tactial Ops but with Streamlight light and pressure red dot attached). Also have a Remmington 870 Police Magnum shotty (love it for all hunting and clay targets), Rock River Arms AR-15 (wife got pissed about that one, expensive), and a Steyr M9 (older Austrian Army handgun, with weird trapazoid sights).

You never know these days....but you better know how to operate your weapon safely if you have one. Good topic.

acj990- Do you find the Sig 229 to be a bit bulky for on duty carry? I love the platform but if I had to carry a weapon all day it seems as if it would be a little intrusive because of its weight. What do you think?

Fat Slice- P228 is my fav 9mm next to the Hi Power. Great gun!

Holy crap, 21/30 people who voted own a gun? That's crazy. I'm one of the three people who voted "nope." Guns scare me for obvious reasons, but I definitely understand that it's always better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Anyways, I guess it's good to know that if we ever get attacked, I got a bunch of you guys to hide behind when the shit goes down!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep. Several. CCW, CMP Pistol Instructor, member of arfcom, glocktalk, and assaultweb.

A pistol is like an insurance policy . . . you never need a pistol until you REALLY REALLY need a pistol.

Never have and probably never will. I'm happy we have a much more strict gun policy than in fi. USA. The more guns in the homes, the more they are used.

My wife and I both have concealed carry permits. We carry:

H&K; USP Compact 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
Ruger LCP 380
S&W; Hammerless 38

Guns scare me for obvious reasons, but I definitely understand that it's always better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

No need to be scared. Practice and familiarization go a long way towards being comfortable. They scare my wife enough that she won't mess with them if I'm not around, but she loves to shoot. She just doesn't have enough practice to be comfortable yet.

The more guns in the homes, the more they are used.

How do you figure? I've put thousands of rounds downrange, and none of them have ever been aimed at anyone.

Only criminals are going to shoot anyone, and those people don't care what the laws are.

Currently own XD45. Have owned MANY! Just need to get to a state that isn't Anti-Gun to get most of mine back. I am military, so sold them when I got stationed in Cali.

Currently own XD45. Have owned MANY! Just need to get to a state that isn't Anti-Gun to get most of mine back. I am military, so sold them when I got stationed in Cali.

Thank you for your service

How do you figure? I've put thousands of rounds downrange, and none of them have ever been aimed at anyone.

Easier access for the criminals and easier for civillians to use them. I'm not saying you are aiming it at someone, but many are over trivial matters.

Easier access for the criminals and easier for civillians to use them. I'm not saying you are aiming it at someone, but many are over trivial matters.

Gun control measures are misaimed IMHO. Making it harder to LEGALLY own / carry a gun really creates a larger pool of unarmed citizens for criminals to pick from. Criminals get guns through illegal means. They are not registered.

If I was going to use a gun to commit a crime, I am not headed to a gun store to fill out the paperwork.....

Interesting thread in some ways. I hate guns and hope I'm never comfortable in their presence. Some of you (admittedly sensible-sounding) guys have access to a veritable arsenal...

Crims have knives, you get guns, they get better guns, you get hand grenades, they get shoulder-launch rockets, you get a minigun.....

Seems to me it would be better not to have these arsenals available to the public (some of whom couldn't sit the right way on a toilet seat if their lives depended on it) and yet they can get their hands on all sorts of excessive firepower. Too late for that though I think.

Just out of interest, how many firearms offenses in the U.S. are down to legal weapons as opposed to illegal ones?

On a +ve(?) note, woe-betide anyone who ever invades the U.S.A.!

• Administrator
Crims have knives, you get guns, they get better guns, you get hand grenades, they get shoulder-launch rockets, you get a minigun.....

The problem with that thinking is that outlaws don't follow the laws. Ban guns and only the outlaws will have 'em.

Just about every criminologist I've ever studied argues for more guns. Areas with more guns have less violent crime. In fact, the more criminologists I read, the more apparent it is that the "gun crime" problem is actually an economic (poverty) problem. Here's a stat: remove minority-on-minority (black on black, mostly) gun crimes and the U.S. gun crime rates drop to the same levels or lower than several other countries (including the U.K.). You're in the UK. They recently banned guns and violent crime rose. Criminals like nothing more than knowing that the people in the house they're invading don't have any guns. To answer the original question - and guys, stick to topic, which isn't "are guns good or bad" - yes, I have two. One's a target .22 pistol. The other is a 9mm I keep bedside (locked, but accessible to me in a hurry).

• iacas changed the title to Who Owns a Firearm?