IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

Beretta_Shooter
Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

Sig p228, Mossberg shotgun, a few dinkey-doo pieces.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I've been a police officer for 5 years and have a couple......

I carry a Glock 27 off duty, Sig P229 .40 cal on Duty (have another Sig229 for Tactial Ops but with Streamlight light and pressure red dot attached). Also have a Remmington 870 Police Magnum shotty (love it for all hunting and clay targets), Rock River Arms AR-15 (wife got pissed about that one, expensive), and a Steyr M9 (older Austrian Army handgun, with weird trapazoid sights).

You never know these days....but you better know how to operate your weapon safely if you have one. Good topic.

Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

acj990- Do you find the Sig 229 to be a bit bulky for on duty carry? I love the platform but if I had to carry a weapon all day it seems as if it would be a little intrusive because of its weight. What do you think?

Fat Slice- P228 is my fav 9mm next to the Hi Power. Great gun!

Glock 17

Holy crap, 21/30 people who voted own a gun? That's crazy. I'm one of the three people who voted "nope." Guns scare me for obvious reasons, but I definitely understand that it's always better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Anyways, I guess it's good to know that if we ever get attacked, I got a bunch of you guys to hide behind when the shit goes down!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep. Several. CCW, CMP Pistol Instructor, member of arfcom, glocktalk, and assaultweb.

A pistol is like an insurance policy . . . you never need a pistol until you REALLY REALLY need a pistol.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Never have and probably never will. I'm happy we have a much more strict gun policy than in fi. USA. The more guns in the homes, the more they are used.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

My wife and I both have concealed carry permits. We carry:

H&K; USP Compact 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
Ruger LCP 380
S&W; Hammerless 38

I'll defend your right to not have a gun and you can defend my right to have a gun

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Guns scare me for obvious reasons, but I definitely understand that it's always better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

No need to be scared. Practice and familiarization go a long way towards being comfortable. They scare my wife enough that she won't mess with them if I'm not around, but she loves to shoot. She just doesn't have enough practice to be comfortable yet.

The more guns in the homes, the more they are used.

How do you figure? I've put thousands of rounds downrange, and none of them have ever been aimed at anyone.

Only criminals are going to shoot anyone, and those people don't care what the laws are.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Currently own XD45. Have owned MANY! Just need to get to a state that isn't Anti-Gun to get most of mine back. I am military, so sold them when I got stationed in Cali.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Currently own XD45. Have owned MANY! Just need to get to a state that isn't Anti-Gun to get most of mine back. I am military, so sold them when I got stationed in Cali.

Thank you for your service

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Thank you for your service

Definately welcome! I totally enjoy it.

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

How do you figure? I've put thousands of rounds downrange, and none of them have ever been aimed at anyone.

Easier access for the criminals and easier for civillians to use them. I'm not saying you are aiming it at someone, but many are over trivial matters.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

the only guns I own are in my t-shirt...LOL :flex:

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Easier access for the criminals and easier for civillians to use them. I'm not saying you are aiming it at someone, but many are over trivial matters.

Gun control measures are misaimed IMHO. Making it harder to LEGALLY own / carry a gun really creates a larger pool of unarmed citizens for criminals to pick from. Criminals get guns through illegal means. They are not registered.

If I was going to use a gun to commit a crime, I am not headed to a gun store to fill out the paperwork.....

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i

Interesting thread in some ways. I hate guns and hope I'm never comfortable in their presence. Some of you (admittedly sensible-sounding) guys have access to a veritable arsenal...

Crims have knives, you get guns, they get better guns, you get hand grenades, they get shoulder-launch rockets, you get a minigun.....

Seems to me it would be better not to have these arsenals available to the public (some of whom couldn't sit the right way on a toilet seat if their lives depended on it) and yet they can get their hands on all sorts of excessive firepower. Too late for that though I think.

Just out of interest, how many firearms offenses in the U.S. are down to legal weapons as opposed to illegal ones?

On a +ve(?) note, woe-betide anyone who ever invades the U.S.A.!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• Administrator
Crims have knives, you get guns, they get better guns, you get hand grenades, they get shoulder-launch rockets, you get a minigun.....

The problem with that thinking is that outlaws don't follow the laws. Ban guns and only the outlaws will have 'em.

Just about every criminologist I've ever studied argues for more guns. Areas with more guns have less violent crime. In fact, the more criminologists I read, the more apparent it is that the "gun crime" problem is actually an economic (poverty) problem. Here's a stat: remove minority-on-minority (black on black, mostly) gun crimes and the U.S. gun crime rates drop to the same levels or lower than several other countries (including the U.K.). You're in the UK. They recently banned guns and violent crime rose. Criminals like nothing more than knowing that the people in the house they're invading don't have any guns. To answer the original question - and guys, stick to topic, which isn't "are guns good or bad" - yes, I have two. One's a target .22 pistol. The other is a 9mm I keep bedside (locked, but accessible to me in a hurry).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!