IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

Beretta_Shooter
Note: This thread is 996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

Originally Posted by indykappa

and at the risk of hijacking the thread, do any of you guys/gals carry while you golf?  i am considering a pocket pistol purchase soon because carrying a full-size semi-auto is a bit difficult in my current golf attire

the ruger LCP is exactly what i was considering

I can't carry yet (see my post above), but when I can, I will most likely carry while golfing. I've carried a mid-sized 9mm around private property with it at 6 o'clock, and I figure that'd work fine in golf. And it won't feel unbalanced like when I keep my wallet on me (usually toss it in the bag as well as every thing but my knife). But who knows, I could get out there the first day I carry, and hate it lol.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

Mostly hunting, but I do shoot trap, sporting clays and IDPA. With Wisconsin passing the concealed carry law, an officer's size 1911 is on the list. XDM .40 Custom built AR-15 Mossberg 835 (bird barrel and rifled slug barrel) 1943 Mosin-Nagant

Ruger LCP went on lay-a-way yesterday...

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Originally Posted by Inebriated

Taking my CCW class soon. I dread spending $80 on an 8 hour class...

yeah, i had to take a class when i moved to NC.  i'm not a big fan

BUT...don't let that class and $80 stand between you and your safety.  it's something that i just had to deal with (i guess) if i wanted to legally conceal a firearm in this state.  one of the advantages to living in a state that requires the class is that your CCW will be recognized in more states!  my indiana permit was not recognized in nearly as many other states as my north carolina permit

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

yeah, i had to take a class when i moved to NC.  i'm not a big fan

BUT...don't let that class and $80 stand between you and your safety.  it's something that i just had to deal with (i guess) if i wanted to legally conceal a firearm in this state.  one of the advantages to living in a state that requires the class is that your CCW will be recognized in more states!  my indiana permit was not recognized in nearly as many other states as my north carolina permit

Very true. It just seems so trivial. I think it's good in the sense that it keeps some of the incompetent out, but it seems to be negated when you can open carry without anything lol.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

• 3 weeks later...

Rifles (1 shotgun) only, Winchester Model 53 44/40, Model 70 .308, Model 1200 12ga, BSA .303 Brit (sport conversion of a WW-11 P-14), Mk-III, IV, and V (Carbine) Lee Enfield SMLEs

910d3, 910F, 910H, AP-2, Vokeys, and a Scotty Kombi.

Home defense shotgun for me.

I just really felt I needed a way to protect my family in case something happens.

Plus I gotta protect my clubs!  lol

Sun Mountain Four 5

Driver: Ping G5 10.5* regular

3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 15* regular

5 Wood: Callaway Steelhead 17.5* regular

Irons: Ping Eye 2 3-W and Eye 2 SW

Putter: Ping Anser 4

Balls: Titleist HP2 Tour

Shoes: Footjoy Contour and Adidas Adicomfort 2

• 2 weeks later...

@ bobleeswagger...i have gone back and forth in my head about putting an NRA sticker on my car.  i decided against it for the same reason that i disagree with putting a Apple logo sticker or a Pioneer/Alpine decal on my car...i don't want you to break into my car because YOU THINK i might have one of those products in there.

of course, i have always lived in major metropolitan areas, so the crime may be a little different where i am.

shoot straight, stay safe!

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

@indy  I hear what you're saying there.  Fortunately, I live in a state of just over 800k people...not much more than Charlotte!  Crime is pretty much a non-issue here.  I figured an NRA sticker was less representative of having products of value on board than a sticker that said Glock, HK, Smith, etc.

As for the LCP, I can attest to the quality and reliability of these.  My cousin has one, two uncles have them, my dad has two, and I have one.  We've all had great luck with them and they feed reliably.  Surprisingly accurate (within reasonable expectations.)  Get some Golden Sabre's...they're performers.

In any case, I think golf and shooting share MANY similarities.  I'm glad to have recently found a new hobby in golf.  I'd also encourage any golfers who haven't to try shooting...and take a kid.

I own and carry concealed everyday, don't leave home with out it. As far as carrying on the course, I don't. I leave it in the truck. Can't think of any situation I could get into on the course that a PW couldn't handle.

I suppose this doesn't count but I have a Crossman pistol.

It looks like a Luger and is quite impressive and looks like a real pistol.

I think someone would think twice if I pointed it at them.

Being from new york city I am probably one of the most anti gun people you will ever meet, people from out in the countryside where guns are common and populatin is sparse dont understand what guns do in a big city.

Although I am the first one to admit that handgun bans in major cities have had a negative effect.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Note: This thread is 996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!