IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

Beretta_Shooter
Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Small semi-rural district just south of Albany NY, early 2000s

20-30 years later, big difference.  Still do not think that warranted suspension for the clearly disabled musket loader.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shooting is something that I've done since I was a kid, however, I've gotten much more into it recently.

I love long range shooting and have a Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Bergara HMR in .308 Winchester. I generally go out with a buddy or my pop and we consistently hit 10" steel plates at 1000 yards or more.

Besides those two, I have a Ruger American in .223, a Ruger 10/22, a CZ75 in 9mm, and a Walther P22.

I also reload for all my firearms (except the .22s, of course), although that is becoming tougher and tougher as components are getting harder to find.

Edited by tristanhilton85

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

An old topic but still a fun one to revisit occasionally.  🙂

8 handguns and 6 long guns.  I still carry every day.  It stays in the car at the golf course though.  I can’t even wear a watch when I swing a good club!  

I shoot at least once or twice monthly.  It’s a perishable skill and that should be maintained by anyone who carries responsibly.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

An old topic but still a fun one to revisit occasionally.  🙂

8 handguns and 6 long guns.  I still carry every day.  It stays in the car at the golf course though.  I can’t even wear a watch when I swing a good club!  

I shoot at least once or twice monthly.  It’s a perishable skill and that should be maintained by anyone who carries responsibly.

Your post really exemplifies my methods as well. I usually carry every day. I leave it in the car also at the golf course but have occasionally forgotten and kept it in the side pocket of my golf bag, lol. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

For someone whose only experience is drunken shooting out in the woods with crazy uncles, how much does it cost to shoot at a range?

Colin P.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

For someone whose only experience is drunken shooting out in the woods with crazy uncles, how much does it cost to shoot at a range?

It varies.  Somewhere in the range of $15/ hour per person for the lane.  Plus targets  and ammo.  Target cost depends on size and type.  From next to nothing to a couple of bucks each.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Couldn’t help notice the thread listing:

BB5DCA7B-49C6-46C2-B871-286C7E5053F2.thumb.jpeg.4aadd112dab33ef69e53843085df255b.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Couldn’t help notice the thread listing:

BB5DCA7B-49C6-46C2-B871-286C7E5053F2.thumb.jpeg.4aadd112dab33ef69e53843085df255b.jpeg

At least it doesn't say "who" did you shoot today!  🤪

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I do/have shot competitively off and on for 45 years, mainly on.  My favorites are sporting clays and 3 gun. Due to Covid my pin shooting and bullseye leagues were canceled.

I have had a carry permit since 1982 when they were hard to come by. A Detroit Police Sgt made sure I got one after we met in the middle of the night twice in a week for break ins at an inner city business I ran.

These days when I go "hunting" its more of an excuse to take a pistol or shotgun for a walk with the dogs off the leash on State land.  The only things my wife cares to eat any more are pheasants, woodcock and grouse. She would eat puddle ducks (not divers, ever) but I seldom have the desire to sit in the cold any more.

I don't have nearly the number of firearms I used to, it is down to considerably fewer, high quality pieces. My favorite pistol of all of them I have ever had is my Springfield EMP Carry Contour. I had the original EMP, but my youngest has used it in competition and plinking since he was 10. When he turned 18 I had him go register it in his name.

11 hours ago, David in FL said:

It varies.  Somewhere in the range of $15/ hour per person for the lane.  Plus targets  and ammo.  Target cost depends on size and type.  From next to nothing to a couple of bucks each.

I am a member of a shooting club, sort of like being a member of a particular Golf Course, but less expensive. I pay about $200 a year membership and about $10 each time I shoot at the range. It's nice this way because you get to know people of like interests, and help each other with technique, again sort of like what you would find in a golf membership.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

I have several shotguns, handguns, and rifles. I used to be into long range but got tired of spending 100.00 every time I went to shoot. I sold that one. I used to shoot a lot but not since the ammunition craze has taken off. I now just try to find ammo at a decent price in case it continues to go up.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I have a 9 MM Springfield Armory XD-M and a S&W M&P22 and am getting ready to purchase a Sig Sauer P320 .45

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I am from a district in India, (Coorg) where we are the only people that are allowed to own a gun without a license.  We just need an exemption certificate on the basis of agricultural land inherited or tribe by birth.  We therefore have a Double Barrel shotgun and my in-laws have a .22 calibre rifle.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 3/14/2021 at 5:38 AM, dennyjones said:

At least it doesn't say "who" did you shoot today!  🤪

The thread right above that was "What Constitutes Slow Play?"

But I thought including that could be interpreted as promoting violence, so I didn't include that.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 2 months later...

The most fun I ever had with my clothes on was firing the 50 caliber machinegun in 1972 with the Marines.  Targets were 2100 meters away, and every 5th (maybe 10th, I forget) round was a tracer.  We had so much fun that we actually stole more ammunition so we could keep doing it.

Aside from that, we have a Chinese-made 12 gage shotgun, purchased after too many local reports of home invasions.

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2011 at 4:08 AM, LankyLefty said:

Being from new york city I am probably one of the most anti gun people you will ever meet, people from out in the countryside where guns are common and populatin is sparse dont understand what guns do in a big city.

Although I am the first one to admit that handgun bans in major cities have had a negative effect.

Even in a big city, trying to ban guns only helps the criminals. Criminals don’t turn in their guns, only the law abiding citizens which are being unarmed. Pretty simple stuff.

9 minutes ago, DewSweeper09 said:

Even in a big city, trying to ban guns only helps the criminals. Criminals don’t turn in their guns, only the law abiding citizens which are being unarmed. Pretty simple stuff.

You responded to someone who posted 10 years ago.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!