IGNORED

Who Owns a Firearm?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• yep!
    • nope!
    • I want to but don't yet!
    • I have no interest in owning a firearm.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Small semi-rural district just south of Albany NY, early 2000s

20-30 years later, big difference.  Still do not think that warranted suspension for the clearly disabled musket loader.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No guns. Know probability.

Inappropriate. You're really revealing more about your own personality than anything else when you say things like that.

Posted Images

(edited)

Shooting is something that I've done since I was a kid, however, I've gotten much more into it recently.

I love long range shooting and have a Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Bergara HMR in .308 Winchester. I generally go out with a buddy or my pop and we consistently hit 10" steel plates at 1000 yards or more.

Besides those two, I have a Ruger American in .223, a Ruger 10/22, a CZ75 in 9mm, and a Walther P22.

I also reload for all my firearms (except the .22s, of course), although that is becoming tougher and tougher as components are getting harder to find.

Edited by tristanhilton85

An old topic but still a fun one to revisit occasionally.  🙂

8 handguns and 6 long guns.  I still carry every day.  It stays in the car at the golf course though.  I can’t even wear a watch when I swing a good club!  

I shoot at least once or twice monthly.  It’s a perishable skill and that should be maintained by anyone who carries responsibly.

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

An old topic but still a fun one to revisit occasionally.  🙂

8 handguns and 6 long guns.  I still carry every day.  It stays in the car at the golf course though.  I can’t even wear a watch when I swing a good club!  

I shoot at least once or twice monthly.  It’s a perishable skill and that should be maintained by anyone who carries responsibly.

Your post really exemplifies my methods as well. I usually carry every day. I leave it in the car also at the golf course but have occasionally forgotten and kept it in the side pocket of my golf bag, lol. 

For someone whose only experience is drunken shooting out in the woods with crazy uncles, how much does it cost to shoot at a range?

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

For someone whose only experience is drunken shooting out in the woods with crazy uncles, how much does it cost to shoot at a range?

It varies.  Somewhere in the range of $15/ hour per person for the lane.  Plus targets  and ammo.  Target cost depends on size and type.  From next to nothing to a couple of bucks each.

7 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Couldn’t help notice the thread listing:

BB5DCA7B-49C6-46C2-B871-286C7E5053F2.thumb.jpeg.4aadd112dab33ef69e53843085df255b.jpeg

At least it doesn't say "who" did you shoot today!  🤪

I do/have shot competitively off and on for 45 years, mainly on.  My favorites are sporting clays and 3 gun. Due to Covid my pin shooting and bullseye leagues were canceled.

I have had a carry permit since 1982 when they were hard to come by. A Detroit Police Sgt made sure I got one after we met in the middle of the night twice in a week for break ins at an inner city business I ran.

These days when I go "hunting" its more of an excuse to take a pistol or shotgun for a walk with the dogs off the leash on State land.  The only things my wife cares to eat any more are pheasants, woodcock and grouse. She would eat puddle ducks (not divers, ever) but I seldom have the desire to sit in the cold any more.

I don't have nearly the number of firearms I used to, it is down to considerably fewer, high quality pieces. My favorite pistol of all of them I have ever had is my Springfield EMP Carry Contour. I had the original EMP, but my youngest has used it in competition and plinking since he was 10. When he turned 18 I had him go register it in his name.

11 hours ago, David in FL said:

It varies.  Somewhere in the range of $15/ hour per person for the lane.  Plus targets  and ammo.  Target cost depends on size and type.  From next to nothing to a couple of bucks each.

I am a member of a shooting club, sort of like being a member of a particular Golf Course, but less expensive. I pay about $200 a year membership and about $10 each time I shoot at the range. It's nice this way because you get to know people of like interests, and help each other with technique, again sort of like what you would find in a golf membership.

I have several shotguns, handguns, and rifles. I used to be into long range but got tired of spending 100.00 every time I went to shoot. I sold that one. I used to shoot a lot but not since the ammunition craze has taken off. I now just try to find ammo at a decent price in case it continues to go up.

I am from a district in India, (Coorg) where we are the only people that are allowed to own a gun without a license.  We just need an exemption certificate on the basis of agricultural land inherited or tribe by birth.  We therefore have a Double Barrel shotgun and my in-laws have a .22 calibre rifle.

On 3/14/2021 at 5:38 AM, dennyjones said:

At least it doesn't say "who" did you shoot today!  🤪

The thread right above that was "What Constitutes Slow Play?"

But I thought including that could be interpreted as promoting violence, so I didn't include that.

• 2 months later...

The most fun I ever had with my clothes on was firing the 50 caliber machinegun in 1972 with the Marines.  Targets were 2100 meters away, and every 5th (maybe 10th, I forget) round was a tracer.  We had so much fun that we actually stole more ammunition so we could keep doing it.

Aside from that, we have a Chinese-made 12 gage shotgun, purchased after too many local reports of home invasions.