IGNORED

Who's got the best looking swing?

walfice
Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I could watch Bobby Jones hit balls all day long. Those old videos of him back in the day are really something else. Today, Steve Elkington has a great move, and I also admire the technical simplicity of Stuart Appleby's Swing.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think sam snead had the most fluid, beautiful swing. course, sam's long gone now... of the modern players, i'd agree that fred couples has a very pretty swing.

Sean O'hair has a really nice swing.

+1 I LOVE the move he puts on his ball. By far my fav. Not sure what it is but there is something I really like about Zach Johnson's swing too.

My personal favorite is Fred Couples, it looks like a lazy practice swing. Ernie Els and Tiger come a close second/third.

I agree with you on Freddie. A few years ago, my son and I followed him around during a Skins Game in Albany, NY. He is even more impressive up close. Also, I like Ernie's swing---he and Freddie have such great tempos. 10 years ago and before, my son and I copied Payne Stewart's swing because he was so smooth and had such great rhythm.

Here are two others, whose swings are similar----------Fred Fund and Zach Johnson. Zach's swing is featured in the June issue of "Golf Digest", and the analysis by Ron Kaspriske is very interesting. Read what he says about Zach's position in photos #7. A comparison with Ben Hogan! Neither Zach nor Fred Funk is long off the tee, but they make up for that with their accuracy, and great iron play.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

after watching him this week i really like zach johnsons swing! i dont know whether its his whole swing but i really like his follow through at the end for some reason!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Overall beauty: Sam Snead harmonic, long swing
Simplicity: Anthony Kim to me it looks so natural, compact and powerful
Technically sound: Adam Scott has all the right angles (a swing coach's ideal swing)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

How many people remember how fluid and smooth Al Geiberger's swing was? I still have the Sybervision tape which shows him swinging at various speeds while relaxing classical music plays in the background. Sitting there, watching that tape does program your brain as to how you want to swing. It works, believe me. If you want to "complete the method", eat a sandwich with Skippy peanut butter (those of us who are old enough to remember Al in his prime know what I am talking about).

Ernie has the best swing - long, languid, just so, so eeeasy, yet the results are powerful, long and accurate ... Freddie likewise, but Tiger's looks like he's working rather than playing...

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Hard to nail down just one, but here are my 3 favs for current touring pros:
Tiger, Sergio, and as others have mentioned - Fred Couples

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

My personal favorite is Fred Couples, it looks like a lazy practice swing. Ernie Els and Tiger come a close second/third.

Any of these: Paula Creamer, Laura Diaz, Natalie Gulbis, or Maria Verenshova. NO MALE GOLFER can compete with the beauty of their swings!

How many people remember how fluid and smooth Al Geiberger's swing was?

i've got a tape at the house that i've never even actually watched where george knudson and al geiberger duke it out. i'll have to break it out this weekend and give it a watch.

Hard to name one. I really like Phil's swing when it is working. He is so aggressive with his driver right now. I like seeing them hit it hard.

Brian

Any of these: Paula Creamer, Laura Diaz, Natalie Gulbis, or Maria Verenshova. NO MALE GOLFER can compete with the beauty of their swings!

Nothing better than a cute girl in a skirt

Brian

i've got a tape at the house that i've never even actually watched where george knudson and al geiberger duke it out. i'll have to break it out this weekend and give it a watch.

George Knudson---wow, there is a great name from the past. A Canadian and a darn good one, with an excellent swing. He was known as a great ball striker. I wonder if that tape is from the old "Shell's Wonderful World of Golf". Let us know, and what course they played on.

Geiberger used to be a big star on the CBS Golf Classic that took place at Firestone. He was virtually unbeatable there. "Skippy" Geiberger did won one Major---the PGA Championship in 1966 and had ten other wins on the PGA Tour. He then added ten on the Champions Tour. When he was playing, it was tough to win Majors because Jack, Arnie, and Gary were in their prime, and players like Billy Casper and Tony Lema were as well.

Charles Barkley just jokes Danny Lee has got a nice swing for how young he is and i ,like tigers swing because of how much power that he puts into it.

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!