IGNORED

Hello from Cypress TX

Note: This thread is 2227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all. I've been reading this forum for a few months and decided to join up. I've been a golfer all my life. However, I am a prime example of not achieving past your goals. My goal all through High School was to play college golf. So I worked hard and I was an All State golfer in Utah my junior and senior years and made it to play at Trinity University in San Antonio in 2003. I got the bag with my name on it and thought I had "made it" in a much lighter sense of the word. Long story short, I never got used to the pressure over every shot and struggled for 4 years just to stay on the team. Now, 2 years out of college I am working to get my game back to where it was. So count me in on having lots of questions and being a "student of the game" once again.

Highlights of my golf career:

1. Played Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and Spanish Bay with my Dad on a golf trip.
2. Shot 70 twice (have never broke into the 60s)
3. 2 hole in 1's (hence the user name)

Great to have a Tx poster....Im new here to and just a little north west of ya

Yeah, just a little Northwest or Houston... I've seen a few other Texas posters on here. I look forward to meeting all, or most of you!

• 5 years later...

Welcome, from another Texas boy! My best friend's brother lives in Houston, go down for golf and fishing with him every now and then. Maybe next time we can make it a party!

Thanks, Rick! what is travel golf league?

Little John Golf League   website is www.littlejohngolfleague.com

Schedule for events is on the website.  We play pretty much every other Sunday morning at a different golf course in the Greater Houston Area.  All play is stroke play and we payout 3 best net scores.  We have 2 flights split by handicap index so we pay out 6 places net.  We also payout closest to the pin on all par3s, most birdies front 9, most birdies back 9.  We offer an optional combined gross/net skins game.  Handicaps range from a +3 to 36.

Greetings! During the 1990s, I went to school at University of North Texas, at the other end of the state above Dallas.

Congrats on making it through four years of college as a golfer. I teach in a University business schoo, and I see what a time-consuming sport college golf can be - especially with springtime road trips to tournament.

Good luck on your game as a "big kid!"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site ... born and raise in the great state of Texas, all my family is still there ... Beaumont area ... living a bit west of Texas at the moment ...
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

checked out the league site and very impressed with the set up--maybe one of these days, i can come play as guest. will see

Great.  You can register online and get email updates about each upcoming tournament.  You can also sign up for any one of the tournaments online also.  Would be great to have you come out and play.

Note: This thread is 2227 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!