IGNORED

Wearing glasses while playing golf

WhatIsPaintball
Note: This thread is 5441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

it's getting hard for me to track the ball if i am not wearing glasses, but i just feel weird when i play with glasses on. I am just wondering if anybody else out there wear their glasses while playing golf?

yea I can't play with sunglasses on. Its a comfort issue, and it is in my head that I can't play when I have them on. Its weird but I can't play with sunglasses on dunno thats just me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This year I have started wearing sunglasses whenever I play. I figure with the amount of sun I expose my eyes to, both surfing and golfing, I should wear protection whenever I can.

I have Oakleys which fit me perfectly, and half the time I pretty much forget I'm wearing them. They are half jackets, so they have no rim on the lower edge of the lense, which I like because it keeps obstructions out of my vision.

I used to be a headcase about sunglasses and sports. I got it in my head that they warped my vision slightly and that this was hurting my game. But with these I honestly don't think that way at all.

In fact, I actually like having the reflective mirror lenses, and use them to sort of psych myself INTO playing well. My thought when I'm about to get mad at myself on the course or get nervous is that I don't get mad or nervous with my glasses on. Its an effective mental trigger for me.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I have pretty bad eye sight so I have to wear prescription glasses. I stopped wearing contacts years ago because I hated them. It's just something I have to live with. It's annoying at times when I'm sweating and the frame slowly slips off of my face, but other than that I've grown used to it.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

I have pretty bad eye sight so I have to wear prescription glasses. I stopped wearing contacts years ago because I hated them. It's just something I have to live with. It's annoying at times when I'm sweating and the frame slowly slips off of my face, but other than that I've grown used to it.

Same here. I just hate it when you stand over a ball on the tee and the glasses start to slide down your nose. But being short sighted, hating contacts (cleaning, putting them in, taking them off, etc) and swearing off lasik, what choice is there? Alas...

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I wear glasses 24-7 so its just natural for me.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I use contact lenses, and I often wear sunglasses on the course to keep anything from flying into my eyes.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

it's getting hard for me to track the ball if i am not wearing glasses, but i just feel weird when i play with glasses on. I am just wondering if anybody else out there wear their glasses while playing golf?

When its sunny I always wear my Peak Vision sun glasses, even for putting.

I wear contact lenses all the time but I'll sometimes wear sun glasses if it's really bright. I have polarised lenses so it cuts down the glare which can be quite good for golf. I don't have a problem playing with the sun glasses I have but oddly I don't like swinging when I'm wearing my normal glasses, I think it's because the lenses are smaller on my normal glasses and I'm more aware that they're there.

I wear contacts. I have become so acustom to wearing sunglasses when I play that in cloudy conditions I feel off because I don't have my sunglasses on.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

i wear glasses 24-7 as well, but i cant wear them when i golf. i get to a point in the backswing where it seems like my line of vision is half through the lens and half out of the lens. Haha maybe i should stop moving my head so that my vision line is where it started

• Administrator

I wear glasses. They're rimless and I don't take them off except for hockey and, occasionally, photography. They weigh next to nothing and don't slide around on my face at all - plus they help to keep the occasional piece of dirt, sand, grass, etc. out of my eyes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can't golf in prescription glasses . . . lack of peripheral vision messes me up. I have wear contacts, and keep Oakleys on almost the whole round to keep grit and sand out of my eyes.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Sometimes I wear contacts, sometimes I wear glasses. Honestly - I think I play better with my glasses. In reality, there probably isn't any difference.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I have never hit a golf shot without my glasses on. I probably could, but then I only take them off to shower and do what I do in bed.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Note: This thread is 5441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!