IGNORED

Official Big Break III "Ladies" Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 6847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The previews basically say this:

I agree that Valeria is looking good so far. I think the pressure is starting to get to the girls, especially with all those television cameras in their faces.

I really thought the Debbie the DJ had a chance, but as she said “You gotta be able to pull off the shots and when you don’t, that’s it - you’re gone.” Stacy

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I think Liz has played the worst. I'm gonna go with Danielle, though. She's got the least skills of anyone left, I think. Liz barely has an edge on her though, so I'll take her for place. My show horse? Valeria.

Go me! Liz wins immunity and Valeria plays solid golf, right along with Danielle (she still can't putt though). I'm tired of hearing "this is the strong part of my game" from a bleached blonde, I know that.

Sasse flat out choked. Several times. OK, hit one in the water, that's fine. Two strokes. But get down in 3 from, what, 125 yards or whatever she had left? Come on! In the bunker, barely out of the bunker, chip it on, two putts.... eek! She deserved to go. She didn't even clear the wall the first time! Besides, ain't no way someone who can't hit the ball even 210 off the tee gonna play on the LPGA Tour. Period. P.S. "Go me!" is sarcasm, btw.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go me! Liz wins immunity and Valeria plays solid golf, right along with Danielle (she still can't putt though). I'm tired of hearing "this is the strong part of my game" from a bleached blonde, I know that.

On that first shot, when she said "easy 5-wood" or whatever, i though to myself, "the girl can't even hit 200 with her driver, how's she going to clear . . . splash!" Once she hit it in the water I knew she was done, she gets way too worked up to recover from something like that. I also liked how Pam's back was hurting until she nailed that grid and held her finish. Amazing how hitting a fairway can be a magical cure. All in all I enjoyed this episode a lot, I think these last girls left are pretty good and should be a lot of fun to watch.

• Administrator
Pam's got a good head on her shoulders. Sarah needs to find a new profession.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pam's got a good head on her shoulders. Sarah needs to find a new profession.

I have watched every eppisode and at first I thought Pam would be an early casulty. However, after 5 weeks, she has done nothing but step up to the challange. She may still be a long shot to win it all, but I think if we could jump ahead 5 years from now she is the most likely one of these ladies to be a success. It's getting tougher each week to try and figure out who will be next to go.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

From another site, this:

Anyone else wondering what the LPGA must be thinking about the Big Break 3? They must be cringing at the though of letting any of these women play one of their events! I mean, I know every one of the contestants could kick *my* butt, but I stink! Let's review: Two weeks ago, not a single one of them could hit the green from less than 100 yards out! This week, out of 28 drives in the Skills Challenge, only about 7 or 8 drives even found the fairway! Poor Sarah Sasse and Cindy Miller had trouble even reaching the first measuring mark with their driver, only 210 yards out. I mean, cmon, if you can't hit a driver 210 yards, you have no business thinking you can play on the LPGA. I find it hard to believe that Sarah even manages to shoot in the 70s on the Futures Tour. Even some of the players who seem to have talent*have proved they can really botch a hole. Jan, for example, made a mess of a hole from 50 yards off the green. She left it short in the rough, then chipped over the green, then almost chipped over going back the other way, then putted 6 feet past. Jan, Danielle and Liz see to have the best games to me.*Pamela seems to have a lot of raw talent, but very raw. But even those four are well below the level I though we'd see when LPGA berths are up for grabs! I bet they're well below the level the LPGA thought they'd see too! Anyway, that's my two cents

For the most part, I agree. These gals are nowhere near LPGA quality. 210 yards is pathetic for a professional golfer. And it's not like Sarah was holding back - I have no idea how she only hits it 210. Or rather, not even 210.

Man, your not kidding. She keeps refering to herself as 'a great ballstriker', and 'a long ball hitter' and then stinks it up. I know you need to have confidence in yourself, but I think all these ladies think that they're better than they really are.

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I have been reading this thread with interest. It figures that these comments are coming from the men .

To iacas: Whether or not Danielle bleaches her hair has nothing to do with her game. Thats like saying if Annika doesn't do well this week, blame it on her recent separation. What?

I agree that it takes more than 210 yards to play on the LPGA tour, but it takes more than distance to break 80. Great short game and serious putting skills make up for lack of distance.

However, I do agree that these women are not ready to play on the LPGA tour. But, it is definitely more interesting to watch these women battle it out every week than watching the LPGA (snore) for an entire 3 hours.

I have an interesting question...Do any of the guys reading this thread feel that they can compete with LPGA players (from any tees?)
Stacy

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

I don't pretend to think I could compete with the LPGA players (I'm a 7 handicap), but i think I'm better than all of the contestants on BB3. The last thing I want to do is talk myself up and then play like a beginner. I know that television is edited and The Big Break shows us want they want us to see, but several of these ladies come across as having more ego than game.
In the bag:

Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Administrator
The previews for the coming week seem to suggest that Valeria (she says "oops" after hitting a shot) or maybe Danielle (who hugs Valeria in the preview) are going home this week.

If it's one of the two, please let it be Danielle. She's constantly saying "go in, get in the hole" in her high-pitched, annoying voice. You damn well know she doesn't mean it.

I finally decied to join so I can weigh in on Big Break 3 (bb3). I have watched the Big Break since the first one and have really come to enjoy the series. I am going to touch on some of the more annoying contestants.
Let me start out by saying that I am so relieve that Felicia is gone. She was the Donnie of BB2. FOr thoses that watched BB2 it was unfortunate that we had to suffer throught the "I'll rip his heart out and show it to him" and the "I hit the perfect putt but's" or "I hit the perfect drive but" all season. The first time Felicia said "sit down, sit down I said" (which actually sounded more like "sedan, sedan aa sed") I thought here we go again, may be she will get knocked out early like the Donnie of BB1 (I can't even remember his name he went so quick). Next!...
Liz, Liz, Liz.... you suck and your voice? She is just down right annoying. She should really think about switching to filtered cigarettes. Everytime they interveiw her after her turn in the challenges she is always saying "I hit a blah blah blah shot and I was like cool" or "I was like okay." She was not like or as any of the above she was more like relieved that she fooled everyone for one more time. Does she not realize that we are seeing her reaction after the shots and can see the dramatics? I hope she goes soon. Although it was pretty funny watching her trying to walk in the four inch heels during the BBQ they had. It is called being feminine, you should check into it sometime honey.
Valeria, I think she looks like Charro. I keep waiting for to say "Chikaboom after a good shot. I think she has a good chance.
Pamela. I wish she would take some Advil, strech really good and drink eight glasses of water a day, because I am really tired of hearing her say, my back was tense, my shoulders were tight and my stomach was in knotts. Boo hoo, that is part of the pressure. Play long enough and you will figure that out.
Sarah. I agree with a previous post, no one who hits drives 210 yards is going to be able to compete on the LPGA (or be a factor in any tour in my opinion), not with the longer courses of today.
Danielle. My sweet, delicate Danille. I have said from the begining that as soon as she gets cut, ratings will go down. I actually lke her swing, I think she could go all the way. But, I keep getting confused as to which is the strongest part of her game? Was it her driving, short game or just talking? Her voice is annoying and I often wonder if she is just using metaphors when she cheers her ball on. You know what I mean. I think most people don't like her because she looks more like, well frankly, she would be swinging from a brass pole than playing on the LPGA. Admit it, she doesn't look like the average female golfer.
Well my prescription has finally kicked in and I need to wrap this up. I know it was a mouthful, but I wanted to go ahead and get caught up with he show up to now. So far Danielle and Valeria are my picks. I will tune in faithfully every Tuesday and hope for a cat fight. Untill then.... Fairways and Greens.

PS. I wish someone would "accidently hit Vince with a ball or club. I find it really annoying the way he and Stephanie analyze the last shot while they are setting up for the next one. I keep waiting for one of them to turn around and say "I know, I was the one hitting the ball and if you'll excuse me I would like to try to salvage this thing in silence. Now shut up and move 3 paces back!"

• Administrator
PS. I wish someone would "accidently hit Vince with a ball or club. I find it really annoying the way he and Stephanie analyze the last shot while they are setting up for the next one. I keep waiting for one of them to turn around and say "I know, I was the one hitting the ball and if you'll excuse me I would like to try to salvage this thing in silence. Now shut up and move 3 paces back!"

I agree with most of what you've written, but I think Vince/Stephanie are much, much better than the two we had for BB2. Ugh, they were horrible. Lesley Swanson and Rick Smith, gag. Vince and Stephanie have done a pretty good job this year.

But it's kinda sad that Stephanie could probably beat them all.

I agree with most of what you've written, but I think Vince/Stephanie are much, much better than the two we had for BB2. Ugh, they were horrible. Lesley Swanson and Rick Smith, gag. Vince and Stephanie have done a pretty good job this year.

I can handle Rick Smith, but Lesley Swanson was worthless, so was the chick from BB1, the only thing she contributed was (please forgive me for putting it like this) a nice rack. I couldn't even understand what their purpose was, the female co-hosts, not the rack. Does Lesley Swanson even play golf. Half the time she wasn't even paying attention; just followed Rick around babling like an idiot, agreeing with everything he said. At least Stephanie does have some credentials. She should ne the female co host on the rest of them. They ought to have an immunity challenge where they have to beat Stephanie. Is there a forum for most annoying male on air personalities on The Golf Channel? I would love to spout off about a few.

• Administrator

Go ahead and start one if we don't have one already. Feel free to list most of the cast of TGC.

Who do y'all think goes home tomorrow?

It is hard to say who is getting the axe tomorrow? This sneaky guys at TGC always have away of tricking us (can you smell the sarcasim?). It probably won't be Valeria or Danielle (oh dear sweet Danielle).

Speaking of TGC... could you imagine Leslie Swanson and Tom Nettles doing a Big Break. That guy is coo coo for coco puffs. Have you ever watched him interview the guys after their rounds on the Champions Tour. I can't tell if that guy needs a perscription or needs the perscription he has changed. He is all over the place. Don't make any sudden moves around him.

Another week, another gaffe by Danielle. In the three on three timed mulligan challenge, she talks herself up as being a big hitter and the driver being her best club. So what does she do? Hits 5 wood off the tee, 50 yard short of where her teammate is waiting to hit the 2nd shot. They end up losing by 11 seconds. Whats up with that?

In the bag:

• Administrator
They lost by two strokes, too. I wonder what the show would have done if one team finished in 71 seconds with four strokes and the other team finished in 79 seconds with five.

Friggin' Danielle. She's worthless. I thought she popped up her drive, but then they said she hit a 5W? Dumb. They went second!

I haven't been following BBIII, but did watch last night's. Contrary to my first impressions of Liz, she seems to be able to pull off shots quite well.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 6847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!