IGNORED

Animals on the course

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've seen rabbits, squirrels, turkeys, ducks, geese, hawks, and deer. The deer were probably the coolest, since I see them the least often.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geese
Turtles
Copperhead- between 5th and 6th hole there is a concrete bridge that sticks about 2 feet above the creek water... he hangs out under there.
Beavers have it dammed up just downstream think that's why they like it there.

we get these cool lookin Canadian Geese that hiss at you

Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

The course i play has thousands of geese. They get annoying. But mostly i see squirrels, deer, and groundhogs. But last week i saw a black bear!

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Last weekend had 5 Tom turkey wander right across the cart path if front of me and had to wait to tee off as a doe with 2 fawn walked across the fairway.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Deer, squirrel, snake (harmless), Blue Heron, Chicken Hawk, Bass, Carp, Geese galore, and let us not forget the dreaded Gopher (a.k.a. - Varmint).

I was playing at Wright Patterson AFB last year, hit my ball in the middle of the fairway and drove to my friends ball in the rough. I saw some commotion out of the corner of my eye, turned and noticed a hawk in the fairway with his talon grasping my ball. I yelled, "Don't even effin think about it bird!", and it flew away leaving my ball where it was. Dayum ball steeling bastid!

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I ran into this snake when I was looking for my drive in the woods. He was over 6 feet long.

If I had known at the time it was harmless king rat snake, I would have taken more (and better) pictures.

The ones with babies (such as the one you took pictures of) are the most dangerous animal on the course.

I guess they love our course and the people who play there because they will come right up to you and grab popcorn right from your hand. its pretty hilarious.

Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

I will also add wild turkeys in Eastern Ohio and in West Virginia. I am talking about the bird, not the booze. Although I have seen the latter as well.

In my Bag
Driver R9 Super-Tri
3 Hybrid A3 Boxer 19 degree
4 Hybrid A3 Boxer 22 degree
Irons 4-PW MP-57 ProjectX 6.0GW: 52 degreeWedges: 56, 60 degreePutter Backstryke 2-BallBall TP Black

Our course is built right in the middle of the city, it's not a part of a wood or something so there are no animals except for crows. And I've seen a bat one time. Other than that there is nothing.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I killed a baby duck by accident. The ball caught him right in the head, ugly sound. I felt all kinds of bad, especially when the momma was whimpering over it. It was all twitching....man, why'd you make me remember that??

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

There's these crazy people that live in the bushes on the 15th hole of my home course. They also bathe in the lake in front of the green. So freaky...

Can anybody top a monkey? I started playing golf in Kenya and our home course was full of them. The cutest thing was seeing a baby monkey attached to the mother monkey on her belly, just wrapping its arms and legs around its mom. They're so common that the course's symbol is the monkey.

When I was in Texas at the Quarry Golf Course, there was a rattlesnake curled up behind one of the back tee boxes.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!