Sign in to follow this  
shortgrass lover

Titleist ZB's or AP2's?

Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 posts / 2051 viewsLast Reply

Hi everyone, i'm wanting some new irons and i'm sorta stuck between the AP2's and the ZB irons by Titleist. I was hoping you guys could give me some feedback based on your experiences with these clubs. Thanks in advance

It really needs to be a personal decision. They are so close, and yet so different, hit both of them and see what you like. I spent many, many hours on the range with both of them before I was able to make a decision. I can't even think of why I preferred the ZB over the AP2. I know I wanted the AP2's pretty bad, but I just liked the ZBs better after hitting both of them.

When I hit these irons the AP2's felt soft and the ZB's felt dead. Go with which ever ones you think have a better feel to them. Like the other posters said they are too similar for a real comparison.

When I hit these irons the AP2's felt soft and the ZB's felt dead. Go with which ever ones you think have a better feel to them. Like the other posters said they are too similar for a real comparison.

I didn't try the ZB's but they are great looking clubs. I tried the AP2's and they felt dead. You have to go try them side by side to compare. You may only be looking at Titleist, but if you're open to other irons, check out Mizuno. Best in feel in the iron game, IMO.

I try them both, I stick up with the AP2's becuase I think they are a bit more forgiving for me. The ZB's felt awesome too, I went to a local store in here and tried again the ZB's... uffff.... I think it's really a tough decision. Hit them and the one you like the most.

Cheers!

Go by how you hit them, if you can get them on a range or LM.

How is your iron game? The AP2s have a touch of forgivness that the ZMs don't have. I think they both feel great.

If you can hit the ZB's go with those, without a doubt. AP2's are ok but like has been said they lack feel, and I dont care for the look. OR go with a mixed bag, AP2 long ZB short.

The ap2 feel the same on slight mishits as when you hit flush. They are very straight though. The ZB or ZM are much better for spin, trajectory, and feel. Some of the best clubs on the market by far. But dont buy new clubs, buy the 735cm that I have, blade to muscle combo set, look beautiful and hit much more pure than the ap2.

Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!