IGNORED

Player Hits Water, Gets Birdie

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is only possible if the ball is not lost in the water (skips out or can be played from the water). Otherwise, the drop after the lost ball is stroke 2 and the next hit is stroke 3, eliminating birdie possibility.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Situation is a Par 3 with water on the hole.

no handicap adjustment right?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Okay...handicap adjustment for a net birdie is possible, but I thought we were talking natural strokes.
Riddle me this.... just kidding.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Only a two possibilities (assuming it stayed in the water):
1) He hits it out of the water.
2) He keeps score like my neighbor.

As long as the ball doesn't go into the water and gets lost, it doesn't matter what happens to it. You can skip it 15 times across as long as it stops somewhere so you can hit it again, there is no penalty.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Hits water going for green on par five with his second shot. Takes drop, adds penalty, holes the shot. Birdie.

May 2009: Back into golf after 5 yr layoff, lovin' it! Best ever hdcp: +1.2
Driver: Titleist 983E 9.5*, 3W: Turner 13*, Hybrid: Turner 16*, Irons 4-PW: Taylormade RAC MB blades, Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action RTG, Putter: Odyssey White Steel Tri-ball SRT

In theory it could also happen in match play.

If the player played from the wrong tee or out of order, the opponent could make them replay the shot.

Hits water going for green on par five with his second shot. Takes drop, adds penalty, holes the shot. Birdie.

True, but the question did state par 3.

I've actually accomplished that very feat.

I skulled an 8 iron, the ball skipped across the lake and onto the green to about 15 feet. I made the putt.

My buddy was like WTF was that?!?!?!?!

Situation is a Par 3 with water on the hole.

Another possiblility: you said "player hits water". That could mean he himself fell in the hazard on the shot, but the ball landed on the green and where he subsequently one putted it for birdie.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

How about an EAGLE?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I had a shot yesterday to make a birdie (with a chip in) or a par yesterday after skipping a ball across some water. It was a Par 5 - hit a drive with way too much air under it into the wind. Over the forced carry, but not by much. In the rough, uphill lie, pop up a 3H about 160 yards that ended up about 8 yards behind a tree that is in the middle of the fairway, about 145 yards from the hole. Attempt to use my 3H to hit a punch slice and run it up to the green from the right side because there is a trap in the left front of the green. I don't cut the ball nearly enough, and it goes dead straight and skips across the water that borders the left side of the hole, and jumps out and ends up about 6 feet off the green -

of course, I failed to get up and down, but I still had a chance!

the hole in question

http://www2.cybergolf.com/sites/cour...434&page;=26983
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!