IGNORED

Help!

Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you do when your game totally deserts you? I was playing good consistent golf for a while, got the cap down to 13 and now my game has just gone, and i mean gone bid time. Slicing drives, big slices too, slicing long irons, lost about 10% distance, inside 100 yards cant hit a green (that used to be my strong point) only thing that saved me from a very embarrasing score yesterday was the putter... If i go to the range i shank about half the bucket (big shanks too) which makes it even worse as golf is a lot about the mental side of things... any suggestions on some practice drills to get my swing back? i have zero confidence standing over the ball at the moment.

if you gfind out let me know ... im in the same boat ;x 14 HC trying to get down to a 12 to get into school ... now im losing 4-6 balls a round into hazards some how ...

completely out of the blue.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Sometimes its good to take a break and forget the bad habits you learned. Also, having a coach will help you alot.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I take a week off. I do some yoga and meditate - not on my golf game, just in general.

Then I get to the range after the week. The acronym of what to work on is easy to remember: PGA. Posture, grip, alignment.

It's amazing how much it helps. And if it doesn't, I go get a lesson.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When my swing goes downhill I'll go to the range and hit balls at quarter to half speed, its a lot easier for you to feel a swing flaw when you do it painfully slowly. Once your making solid contact slowly work your way back up to your normal swing speed.

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

Don't think about it. Don't read about it. Don't worry about it. Don't even pick up a club for a week. Worked for me recently.

I was in a big slump. The worse I got the more I found I was thinking about it. The more I thought about it, the more reading I did and the more thoughts I had going through my head.

Last week I stopped worrying about golf for a week. I went to the gym when I would've gone to the range. (I hadn't been to the gym for a while and notice that when I don't go I feel like I swing harder because I don't feel as strong - this creates a whole world of bad habits).

When I pulled the clubs out yesterday I went back to basics. Posture. Setup. Alignment.

I hit the ball really well and shot my handicap for the first time in 7 weeks.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

• Administrator
Go back to your fundamentals. Start with 1/2 swings and make good contact.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have this problem from time to time, its usually when I try to hard and over think everything let your body tell you what do and what feels natural. Go back to basics and dont think about scores, play each hole as that hole.

I often get to caught up thinking about my over all game, and dont pay attention to whats right infront of me.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

What ever is in your right pocket move to your left pocket.....

LOL. I've done that.

My advice to OP would be to think about what you love about the game not related to score in addition to reviewing the fundamentals. I will go play the course that I used to tag along behind my Dad and Grandpa as a youngster and visit the plaque that was placed in honor of my Grandpa. In other words, go back to the roots of your game and think about how far you have come, even if it is only in your mind.

- Shane

• 1 month later...
what works for me is to take a break from golf for about a week and when you get back to it and your playing a round, try and not take practice swings, this enables you to not worry about where the ball will be going because you will be thinking that it cant be good, thus your subconscious takes over and lets you hit freely and without pressure, letting you fly a good ball.

Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!