IGNORED

What to wear as a spectator?

brotekind269
Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm heading to the AT&T; National, and it will be my first tournament to watch. I just want to get an idea on what to wear as a spectator. I don't want to be that Deuch bag that is dressed like tiger woods, following tiger woods. Or like a guy at a capitals vs flyers hockey game wearing a rangers jersey.

Do country club rules apply, collared shirt, bermuda shorts, etc. Or can you rock t-shirts? just wanted to get an idea.

I went to the '03 US Open at Oak Hill in Rochester, NY. You can wear pretty much anything. I wore what I usually wear when I go do stuff which is a Polo and cargo shorts, you know, generally presentable.

They did have a rule of no Golf Shoes. I wondered who the hell would wear golf shoes as a spectator. I thought it would be like wearing a helmet to watch a race. Evidently people do it though.

I wouldn't mind seeing more girls wearing an outfit like your avatar.

In my Exodus on a 2.0
Driver..... FT-5 10* Draw
Fairway.. Big Bertha 2007 3w
Hybrids... 3DX DC 3 & 4 Ironwood
Irons...... TA6 5-DWedges.. CG-14 56* 2 dot, Niblick 37*Putter.... IC 2010

I always just wear what I would wear to the course. Dri-fit shirt, shorts and comfortable sneakers. Not because I want to look like the players, just because I know that stuff is comfortable if it gets hot. If you want to wear a tee shirt there is no problem with that either. Two things to keep in mind: it will probably be hot, and you will be walking...a lot.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Lets see....I wore shorts and a polo to the 06 pga championship and wore sport shorts and a sleeveless shirt to the 07 when it was 100 degrees!!

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I always just wear what I would wear to the course. Dri-fit shirt, shorts and comfortable sneakers. Not because I want to look like the players, just because I know that stuff is comfortable if it gets hot.

Perfect, me too.

Don't forget the hat and sunscreen either!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
They did have a rule of no Golf Shoes. I wondered who the hell would wear golf shoes as a spectator. I thought it would be like wearing a helmet to watch a race. Evidently people do it though.

You'd be surprised... seriously. Some people dress like they think they're playing in the tournament.

Here are my tips. Bring removable sunglasses. Bring some binoculars (or your range finder, since it magnifies). It helps for identifying players. Sunscreen. Always. Comfortable shorts. Polo shirt is fine, perhaps with a windbreaker over top for the mornings... WATERPROOF SHOES. The rough in the shade around the golf course - where you walk (shade is beneath trees) is surprisingly wet, usually. Last thing you want is wet feet/socks. The windbreaker can serve double duty as a place to sit. That wet grass I was talking about? Perhaps the only thing worse than wet feet/socks is a wet butt. If you don't want to take a windbreaker, take a small garbage bag or something to put on the ground so you don't absorb a bunch of water and prune up your cheeks. Wear a hat. And again, sunscreen. Worth saying twice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anything but this:

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Id say a polo and some shorts.But it will get hot out so maybe a tshirt and shorts. Dont forget your suncreen.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I think I've seen it all, but iacas hit it on the head. Just don't bring the hat with the can holder / straws built in. And for the love of Pete, DO NOT scream, "Get in the HOLE!". Bring plenty of cash too if you don't have access to a corporate villa. The concessions can be pretty pricey.

- Shane

Bring rain gear, it's gonna be a wet open.

Sorry, in my post-hockey game delirium, I assumed you meant what to wear at the US Open this year.

-catfell
In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

• Administrator
Bring rain gear, it's gonna be a wet open.

The fifth and sixth words of his post are "AT&T;" and "National."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This reminds of the time that I went to the old Kemper Open at Avenel back in '90. I went with a high school buddy and when I showed up at his house to pick him up, he was dressed in dark blue jeans and a dark shirt (this was early June in DC so it was going to be at least 85 deg. that day IIRC). I laughed and said he should put a pair of shorts on; he said he thought it was more formal than that. I guess if it's your first time going, you don't know, although the web site might give some info about dress code for spectators.

Speaking of dress code for spectators, you can catch some pretty good scenery of the female kind if you follow the groups of some of the younger players (Adam Scott, Aaron Baddeley, etc.). While not scantily-clad, their clothes will fit well in the right places.

he was dressed in dark blue jeans and a dark shirt (this was early June in DC so it was going to be at least 85 deg. that day IIRC). I laughed and said he should put a pair of shorts on; he said he thought it was more formal than that.

He thought it was more formal so he wore jeans?

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

How about a pair of John Daley's pants, a "JOHN 3:16" t-shirt, and a rainbow colored afro wig,,,lol

Just kidding, I would just wear what ever you would normally wear to the golf course, can't ever go wrong with khaki's and a polo!

Have fun and like other have said, better take your rain gear!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!