IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL...my dad is actually angry guy.  We all get a kick out of him.  One time he duffed a wedge and then hit his bag with the SW.  His Driver and 3WD heads dropped right down into the bag.  Broke both shafts!  The rest of us were dying laughing.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by scottyjoe145

I dont mind a little "angry guy"...   I think gettin fired up is a good thing.  I've turned many a bad round back to the good when I get mad.  It also depends on the caliber of player thats getting mad.  For example, if a scratch golfer throws a fit, I can give him some slack.  If a hacker throws a fit, thats un-called for.  This is known as the "pissy guy."  This is the guy that mopes around because he wants SO freakin bad to shoot a 75, but he cant break 90.  His first double bogey and he's done.  This irritates me to no end. This guy is also known as "the scorekeeper"

thats the kind of angry guy I'm talking about...and also not one that just gets a little mad about a shot. I mean the guy who's having verbal tirades after he duffs a chip shot or misses a green by 20 yards on yet another approach shot and hasn't broken 90 in his life.  I get mad about a mistake(even though I keep it internal) but someone who's constantly verbalizing their anger...I just wish they would shut up!

Some of these other ones are good, too.

another that irks me sometimes...the "good miss" guy.  You know the guy who always hits a good miss when its the same shot he's hit all day and this time it just happens to work out?  Dude..you didn't miss....you were finally successful!  Sometimes there are "good misses" but every shot?

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

For me, it's the guy who says ANYTHING after I make a poor shot - I'd rather he not say anything, than to say, thats not too bad, or that'll play, or sounded fat, etc ... I really don't need the encouragement after I may have just blown my round and I'm clearly not happy about the shot

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played with a couple of guys in my group and 1 of them always said this. But actually, he thinks a "good miss" is any shot that doesn't go OB.

Originally Posted by Paradox

another that irks me sometimes...the "good miss" guy.  You know the guy who always hits a good miss when its the same shot he's hit all day and this time it just happens to work out?  Dude..you didn't miss....you were finally successful!  Sometimes there are "good misses" but every shot?

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Got a buddy that is fun to play along with but has this one very annoying habit. Whenever he has a particular important tee shot he goes into this long routine with adjusting his body, aiming, stepping back from address, ect. Imagine a 52 year old fat Keegan Bradley without the KB result. The sad thing about this is because it's not his normal routine he hits a terrible shot at least 70% of the time. The other 30% he just crushes it and well, that's why he does what he does.

The other thing is when someone is constantly searching their pocket for a ball marker and when they do finally find one tees, receipts, cash, whatever spills out of their pocket and now they are chasing the damn things because the wind took it. Anyway, it's still worth it to get out and play.

2 things bother the crap out of me.  They happened to be the things my two best friends do.  I guess since they are the people I play the most golf with, that's the reason their antics irk me so much.

1) An echo of what someone posted above. Pick a club, take 4 practice swings, pick another club, take more practice swings, duff the ball 20 yards down the fairway.  It seems like it takes 10 minutes for this guy to shoot when it's actually his turn.  And he does this on every shot.  I'm hitting probably one minute at the most after someone else hits and it's my turn.  Play ready golf.  I try to get him to speed it up but he ignores me. Oh well.

2) Guy who can't break 100 yet still gets way too mad when he makes a bad shot.  My other friend plays *maybe* 10 times a year.  Never goes to the driving range even though I invite him every time I go (2 to 3 times a week).  Hits the ball terribly and starts cussing, being pissy, etc.  You never practice or play at all, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Annoys the crap out of me because he starts to ruin the fun of my round when he's acting like such a baby.  Oh well.

I have never really had a bad experience playing as a single and joining other people. So I really no complaints about strangers.  Guess I've just been lucky in that department.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Wannabe tour pros.  Youve see the guy: staff bag, blades, the latest driver, plays a Pro V1, dresses, looks and acts like a pro but has a swing that is uglier than a mud fence.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Hahaha....fun reading.

I play a lot, so I get paired regularly and I am very tolerant of others providing they play at a reasonable pace.  If he plays fast, the other things don't seem to bother me.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Wannabe tour pros.  Youve see the guy: staff bag, blades, the latest driver, plays a Pro V1, dresses, looks and acts like a pro but has a swing that is uglier than a mud fence.

Agree - as a high capper, I make a point to NOT do that ... nothing worse than guys that have high end gear for show that doesn't fit their (lack of) game.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Do you guys really see hacks with new sets of blades in their bags?  I haven't seen a guy with a NEW set of blades in their bag in over 10 years.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

S....l...o...w.......pl....a.....y. I play at a reasonable pace myself. I once caught up with a guy and was asked to join him. Nice to have some company I thought. He was so slow, I could walk around the course twice in the time it took him to go one round. I don't mind playing with high handicappers that lose balls left and right, but don't take so damn long time to do it. I see the same thing over and over. A guy walking up to the tee box suddenly realizing he forgot his club. As he comes back up with the wrong club, he checks his pockets and forgot he hit three balls into the lake on the previous hole and need a new one. Ready golf please!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I used to play a lot with a friend from highschool. We played skins, a dollar per hole. He was super, way over competitive. If he was losing, he would be all mad, wouldn't even look or talk to me. When he hit a good shot, I wouldn't hear the end of it, like it was better than any pro can hit it.

But If I made a bad shot, he would kind of smirk and have a smile.

Needless to say, we are not friends any more, couldn't stand his attitude on the course.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

But if he plays ready golf and has good etiquette, who cares?

Originally Posted by RichWW2

2) Guy who can't break 100 yet still gets way too mad when he makes a bad shot.  My other friend plays *maybe* 10 times a year.  Never goes to the driving range even though I invite him every time I go (2 to 3 times a week).  Hits the ball terribly and starts cussing, being pissy, etc.  You never practice or play at all, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Annoys the crap out of me because he starts to ruin the fun of my round when he's acting like such a baby.  Oh well.

Holy crap, are you friends with my dad??  It's so frustrating playing with him because his expectations are so high, I know for 100% certainty he's going to get extremely pissed at least a few times every round. He finishes every round in the 99-102 range, but every one of them is "the worst I've played in a long time!"

He's obsessed with the game, loves playing with me every chance we get, but clearly has no fun out there while we are playing.  I don't get it.  What I wouldn't give to have him enjoy himself while golfing ...

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

But if he plays ready golf and has good etiquette, who cares?

Agreed......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My dad is the angry golfer. I'm at the range at least 2-3 times a week and he'll be there about half the time with me. My fiancé goes a lot to spend time with us, and gets the biggest kick out of watching him get mad. He will hit one good, get a little excited then hit a few terribly, go sit down for 5 min. then repeat. I'm playing with him for the first time in about 6 years on Sunday and am a little nervous about it.

I can't stand playing with kids my own age, minus my group of friends I play with. We're all pretty laid back and know we're not particularly good at golf in the grand scheme of things. We get competitive and can shoot some ok rounds and have fun, but we don't walk around with some underserved sense of acomplishment just because we're young and limber and have golf equipment. I hate seeing these dorks show up that think they're the bees knees because they can break 85 on their good days, have all the Nike or Puma gear on, pretending their members of the course or some shit. Arrogance and cockiness are my least favorite traits in people, so whenever I see these kids that think they're so damn cool, it just bugs the crap out of me and makes me not want to play anywhere near them.

I hate playing behind the foursome who plays from the tips and probably can't break 100 from the ladies tees. 7400 yards at 150 yards a  shot is a long day.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Note: This thread is 2495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!