IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My pet peeve is people who get so bothered by slow players. You're on a golf course, standing in the beautiful outdoors. Either play through, or appreciate the trees and the birds. Complaining about slow people who aren't going to speed up with you glaring at them just seems like a waste of mental energy, and a distraction from the blessing of the day. But that's just my two cents. Go ahead, keep cursing the slow players while your blood pressure rises.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Wannabe tour pros.  Youve see the guy: staff bag, blades, the latest driver, plays a Pro V1, dresses, looks and acts like a pro but has a swing that is uglier than a mud fence.

Those guys are so funny to play with. They usually have good etiquette as they do try to act like professionals. I think my biggest pet peeve is playing with people who do not think ahead of what they are going to do next, basically unnecessary slow play.

Play, practice, practice, practice. Repeat.

Pro-V1

910 D3 9.5*

910 4 Wood 17*

KZG Tour Evolution Irons 3-P

KZG TRS Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Newport 2 (34 1/2")

Doesn't Know as Much as He Thinks Verbal Diarrhea Guy.

Really?  Your swing has more moving parts than a Rube Goldberg machine and you think you're qualified to give swing tips?  Oh, and you hit that shot off the hosel .  Golf clubs don't have a nozzle .

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most of the things mentioned so far don't bother me (except abnormally slow play for no reason).  About the only things that will annoy me during a round are the following:

1) When I walk on as a single at a slow time of the day, and some single 2 holes behind me is playing speed golf so that he can pair up with me.  I don't mind playing with strangers, but if I've been allowed to go off as a single and there is nobody in front or behind me, I'm in full-blown "single" mode now.

2) The guy who says "good shot" or "nice putt" every time, when I can tell it's either not going to end up being a good shot, or the putt is not going into the cup.

3) The guy(s) who concede my 3-4 foot 2nd putts, and then I have to insist on putting it out...and then I miss because I put pressure on myself

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by iacas

Guys who claim to have shot 74 the ten rounds before you play with them but who quite literally aren't breaking 100 the day you play with them.

And that's not the pet peeve.

The pet peeve is when they have excuses for every shot while you're playing with them. Especially good excuses are the ones are when they finally hit one on the screws (for them, and you can tell) and they still manage to come up 30 yards short of the flag.

I don't care if you shoot 100. Just shut up - I'm really not interested in what you think your problem(s) are that day.

This and the story teller but my biggest pet peeve is the person who can't stand still if they are in my sight line.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I completely forgot about this: The players who play as a single, or sometimes in a pair, but always play fast so they catch up to you on every hole. And you can't let them play through because behind the fast players there is another pair of guys, so it would just create a traffic jam. I hate feeling rushed through my shots, especially putts, when we're not even playing slow. They'll take their tee shot the second you get out of range, and then stand in the fairway waiting next to the ball to swing. I don't get why they can't just slow down a little. When we catch up to other groups, we take our time, maybe eat a snack. We don't stand on the tee box with our ball teed.

Originally Posted by lostmyballs

My pet peeve is people who get so bothered by slow players.

LOL...................................................................................................................

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by MacGregor9

I completely forgot about this: The players who play as a single, or sometimes in a pair, but always play fast so they catch up to you on every hole. And you can't let them play through because behind the fast players there is another pair of guys, so it would just create a traffic jam. I hate feeling rushed through my shots, especially putts

Never feel rushed....pay no attention to what is behind you.  All you need to do is maintain pace with the group in front and you are golden.  The people behind you know this.....

If there is nobody in front of you...........step aside.  If you are slow...let them pass.  Why force somebody to play up your ass/wait on every shot for an entire round when nobody is in front of you?  it makes no sense....My 2 cents.........If you are slow...let them through...common courtesy.

All too often beginners are worried about what is behind.....when they should be paying attention to what is in front of them.  If you keep pace and stay with the group ahead...it's all good.   If it's early in the morning and the group ahead is pacing a 4:00hr or faster round.....you had better keep up or you might get run over.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I always let people pass if they are gaining and there aren't people in front of me. I guess that one instance where the dude yelled at us from the fairway and hit onto the green has been in my mind since I first started playing lol.

1) people that rush me

2) people that are annoyed when i do bad shot. I am not a slow golfer and respect the etiquette, so what if i shank it once or twice a round or duff it 40 yards in front. I dont stand there and wonder what happened when it happens i just walk as fast as i can tp my ball and hit it dont look at me like i am an alien and moan in displeasure...

I can respect the shank......I fight it all the time!!

So long as you aren't holding everyone up....you have nothing to worry about.  Everyone hits bad shots....don't sweat it.  If everyone is waiting on you, ya need to get the lead out.  Be aware of what is going on around you and you will be fine.  Ready golf.....

If you feel rushed, it's probably for good reason.  Stick to the EXEC..............

What's in Paul's Bag:

One of the guys I play with regularly has to say "There it is" or "There it goes" after every shot someone plays. If we're into the sun and someone wnats to know if they're on the fairway or just missed ot right, he'll go into human GPS mode: "You see the balck tree next to the one with the triangle? Well just to the right of that....etc." All he has to say is "Right edge" or something.

The other thing he does is to say "You got away with it" t if you hit a poor shot that isn't lost.

He also doesn't understand how spin works and when someone hits a low wedge shot that hops and checks, he laughs, thinking they topped it and were lucky.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

But if he plays ready golf and has good etiquette, who cares?

If he does those things, great but he's still annoying.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Only thing that really annoys me are speed golfers that have no place to go.  You can say all you want about playing ready golf and how long a round of golf should take, but the reality is here on Long Island is most 18 hole rounds take 4 - 4.5 hours.  Maybe if you are one of the first out, or catch the twilight hours right you can play at a faster pace but otherwise if you're playing a public course in NY (Long Island) budget for 4 - 4.5 hours or don't play.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing with grumpy people that never smile/laugh. We aren't playing in the final round of the US Open for 1.2 million, so don't act like it.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Just registered, new golfer here. I will take all of this into consideration and not be "that guy". Althought I did get given to me by a family friend a set of new blades, so I guess I do have that against me. Must get rid of those clubs asap. :)

@TitleistWI Haha, I've never seen that one before. Will have to show the friends since we laugh about that kind of stuff.

@JLANM I've been using my Dad's old Wilson Staff Progressive Blades since I first started. A lot of people have told me to just keep playing with them, that I would just get better. Well I have, and now I'm pretty used to using them. Now if I pick up any other club, it just feels weird to me. I wouldn't give up on the blades just yet. I'm glad I didn't throw them out.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!