IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

People who talk about themselves in the third person. You aren't Tiger. I don't want to hear "C'mon Joe!! You gotta do better than that!" After every shot."

...I did this about three times today.

I guess I'll go cancel the tee-time I booked for us... ;)

Come on wolfsburg!!! Stop talking to yourself!!!!

I am pretty easy going on the golf course, and off most of the time. The only thing I can think of that really irks me is false score keeping. I've played with friends who are true blue hacks. 120+ guys and they'll try and card a 102. I've called them on it and then I'm told I take things too seriously lol.

When you lose a ball you are hitting 3 not 2. If you putt at  ball from 2 feet and miss, that's a stroke. You don't get mulligans.

If you want to keep score, keep score. If you want to make up numbers then just wait until the round is over and pick a number from the sky.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Lot of good ones in this thread.  The only real pet peeves I can think of are

People that yell profanities when they screw up.  I played with a friend once that did this constantly...he yelled loud enough for groups around us to hear.  I won't be playing with him again anytime soon.

People that want to compare their score to mine, but then don't count their score accurately or give themselves mulligans and whatnot.  I don't care what other people do during their round, but at the end, don't start bragging that you beat me when you didn't play by the rules.

People who skank one off the tee and then pull out a mulligan ball without letting everyone else tee off first.

People who stand too close during your shot.

People who put their bag down within reach of your swing.

People who don't bring a ball marker with them and have to use a tee.

People who don't fix ball marks.

People who don't even come close to dressing properly (eg, tank top, jeans shorts, and Timberland boots)

People who don't yell 'fore'.

People who keep walking/riding ahead within your line of sight while your hitting.

People who don't put their bag down in the right place and constantly have to walk all the way across the green and back after every hole.

Sheesh, I'm a pretty intolerant golfer...

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

People who skank one off the tee and then pull out a mulligan ball without letting everyone else tee off first.

People who don't bring a ball marker with them and have to use a tee.

People who keep walking/riding ahead within your line of sight while your hitting.

RE: the three quoted.

If someone's ball is easily findable and in play, a mulligan is a peeve of mine. A practice ball in a practice round when nobody else is around, but mulligans are another story Just go hit it again.

If somone just lays the tee down I have no problem with it, but some guys actually push the tee into the ground. That's weird.

If someone is very slow they might get this done to them a lot. I've considered it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

People that say "Nice Shot!' when you know its going off target or you hit it fat.  Just wait until the ball lands to say anything if you must compliment a truly nice shot.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Originally Posted by pumaAttack

People that say "Nice Shot!' when you know its going off target or you hit it fat.  Just wait until the ball lands to say anything if you must compliment a truly nice shot.

Those are the most embarrassing too.  The ones where you hit it dead on the line with the flag, but you either hit just behind the ball or didn't compress it, and you KNOW it's going to be 10 yards short of the green, and yet you hear a guy say "woohoo nice shot!"

Do you correct him and let him know it's going to be short, or just observe the look on his face when it doesn't even make the fringe?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Those are the most embarrassing too.  The ones where you hit it dead on the line with the flag, but you either hit just behind the ball or didn't compress it, and you KNOW it's going to be 10 yards short of the green, and yet you hear a guy say "woohoo nice shot!"

Do you correct him and let him know it's going to be short, or just observe the look on his face when it doesn't even make the fringe?

Brandon

Haha I always say immediately "It's short" then walk towards the ball...

Tony  

Originally Posted by pumaAttack

Haha I always say immediately "It's short" then walk towards the ball...

I always correct them too while it's still in the air

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I hate it when I hit a ball, say oh shit it's short and it rolls to a great spot on the green, everyone knows I didnt mean to do that. I just try and stay quiet after I hit it

My biggest pet peeve is when hackers with thin skin let little BS stuff upset their game.......an excuse for them to play like #$%$??!!

if you sukkk....own it!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

My biggest pet peeve is when hackers with thin skin let little BS stuff upset their game.......an excuse for them to play like #$%$??!!

if you sukkk....own it!!

Yes!  Your handicap is 30 (or it should be) ... I can assure you that you didn't play bad today because of the wind.  Another one is getting mad at gravity and insisting that your putt keeps breaking uphill because you can't accept the fact that you aren't that good at reading greens.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always correct them too while it's still in the air

How am I supposed to chip with your avatar there!

Tony  

Playing with people who don't know how to act on the course.  Just because you are on the golf course doesn't mean you shouldn't act like an adult.  Smoking pot on the golf course and having to deal with that crap.  Playing with a couple of guys and all of a sudden it is a small entourage of like 8 or 9 and it is just utter chaos.  Just because you are a member and pay dues doesn't mean you own the place and make up the rules.  Slow play sucks too.

I play with a guy in his sixties who quietly predicts everyones shots just befor they swing. You will be stood on the tee practice swing, then hear a whispered "he`s going to blast this one right down the middle" nothing is more distracting! If your shot comes off as he said he is so delighted you would think he hit it. And if it doesn`t he will chuckle and say "oh dear".

This guy never hits the ball over 15 feet in the air, and after every full swing says "im just not getting through it today" And when he misses putts acts stunned and thinks the ball is rolling up hill!!

Originally Posted by rick637

Playing with people who don't know how to act on the course.  Just because you are on the golf course doesn't mean you shouldn't act like an adult.  Smoking pot on the golf course and having to deal with that crap.  Playing with a couple of guys and all of a sudden it is a small entourage of like 8 or 9 and it is just utter chaos.  Just because you are a member and pay dues doesn't mean you own the place and make up the rules.  Slow play sucks too.

Where did they come from?? They just came marching across the course and joined you and started smoking pot?

• Upvote 1

dak4n6

I loved this:

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Where did they come from?? They just came marching across the course and joined you and started smoking pot?

I have seen groups ahead of me swell in numbers though.  I think they join up with the guys in front of them.

Was this the first tee time of the day?  Unless it's the first starting time and they intend to fly through 18holes in 2hrs, their attitude is misguided.

OFFERED RIDES:

I always preferred getting paired with a 3-some because of the empty seat!!  LOL.....IE, it's convenient to hitch a ride from tee-to-green on par 3's and if there was a long walk from Green to the next tee.   I didn't mind......

If a guy offered me to "throw on"....I obviously declined because I was walking for a reason.  ....but I never minded riding to par3 greens.

We were not the first off, but we might have been #3 or 4.

I hop on when there is a long walk around a pond or to the next tee too, but I was talking about the "throw on" types.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play with a couple guys that hit three off the tee then get giddy about their "wonderful par."  That just makes me chuckle though.  What annoys me is if I hit a bad, but clearly playable shot, they will want me to take a mulligan.  It's not just one time either, I'll refuse, and they say "aw c'mon, just take a mulligan."  I don't care how you play, but I prefer to play by the rules, thank you very much.

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!