IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by maradona10

3ft from the cup ..... "your not giving me that? like that is it?"

I always have the same answer for that  - "I just wanna see that nice putting stroke of yours."

I hate when singles come out in prime time and you get paired with them. I didn't come to spend the day with a stranger and a single should NEVER complain with whom he gets paired. Beggars can't be choosers. I think a lot of the slow players complaining about being rushed are most likely way worse than they realize. It takes a lot to get people jacked up behind you. The guy who claims he gets rushed while playing a 4-4.5hr round? Come on! No way you get pushed in LI while playing at that pace. More like you play a 5-5.5 hr round. Biggest peeve is all of the weak golfers who have petty complaints about the way other people play.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Edgk

I hate when singles come out in prime time and you get paired with them. I didn't come to spend the day with a stranger and a single should NEVER complain with whom he gets paired.

Then fill your own foursome, no?

I think being paired with people is sometimes one of the gifts golf can offer. It's a great way to make some new pals.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of my pet peeves is the guy who always brag about shooting really low scores (76, 77, 78, 79.....etc) when your not around, but when you play with them they can't even break 90. Then the weekend you don't play together, they shoot another low score....

Phillip

Originally Posted by iacas

Then fill your own foursome, no?

I think being paired with people is sometimes one of the gifts golf can offer. It's a great way to make some new pals.

I agree! I like meeting new people when I get paired with them. I have met some really cool people, but on the other hand I have met some real characters!

Phillip

I hate when singles come out in prime time and you get paired with them. I didn't come to spend the day with a stranger and a single should NEVER complain with whom he gets paired.

I've made a lot of friends being paired up, whether it was me or them that was the single.

I currently play at a private club and they will never force us to pair up - but any new member that shows as a single is always welcome to play with me if we have room.

My current foursome is made up of guys that met being randomly paired up at our club and it is the best group of guys I have ever played with - once a month we get separated as most tourneys have random pairings but that just makes us know more of the people that play around us.

I just dont understand the anti-social sentiment of many on this board.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I hate when singles come out in prime time and you get paired with them. I didn't come to spend the day with a stranger and a single should NEVER complain with whom he gets paired. Beggars can't be choosers. I think a lot of the slow players complaining about being rushed are most likely way worse than they realize. It takes a lot to get people jacked up behind you. The guy who claims he gets rushed while playing a 4-4.5hr round? Come on! No way you get pushed in LI while playing at that pace. More like you play a 5-5.5 hr round. Biggest peeve is all of the weak golfers who have petty complaints about the way other people play.

I moved here going on 4 years now and the only way I have made friends on the course was to be force paired up with them. Although for awhile all I met was people from out of town since this is a vacation area.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by pumaAttack

Yeah it was crazy.  These were at least that long and most were not straight putts...  Sounds like they need to hit the practice green more often.

It also bothers me when playing with a stranger and they say, "That's good" when I have a two footer left.  I have to tell them I like finishing out and to hear the noise of the ball in the cup... To me giving gimmies is a terrible practice and I never do it.

I say the same exact thing.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

You need to suck-it-up and stop whining or show up with a 4-some.  Boo hoo.........pity party, anyone? ........lol..NOT!

My pet peeve are golfers who think they are above being paired with a single when they have the arrogance to occupy a weekend "Prime Time" tee time with less than a 4-some.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by PhillyMac

One of my pet peeves is the guy who always brag about shooting really low scores (76, 77, 78, 79.....etc) when your not around, but when you play with them they can't even break 90. Then the weekend you don't play together, they shoot another low score....

This is my favorite golfer!!!!!............this is what is known as a pigeon.   This is the guy you play for $$.  I had a co-worker pigeon once back in the 1990s.  I'd hear all these grand stories about his great rounds when I wasn't playing with him.   I'd smoke him and was ready to give him more strokes, but it never failed.....he'd start telling more stories about how great he was playing (when I wasn't around) and talk himself right out of them.

.I loved playing with that guy because I always got into his pocket.  I'd always be ready to give him extra strokes, but he'd find a way to talk his way out of them.............    hahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

I don't get it.  A single has no right to complain about who they get paired with, but you're complaining about getting paired with a single?  What am I missing here?  Are you saying a threesome should get to dictate who they play with because they have more people?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I don't get it.  A single has no right to complain about who they get paired with, but you're complaining about getting paired with a single?  What am I missing here?  Are you saying a threesome should get to dictate who they play with because they have more people?

Brandon

Edgk claims to be a 7hc, but somehow I doubt that because it's normally nooby-hackers insecure about their game who despise getting paired.   he has no clue.....and it makes me wonder.  He's probably a hacker who takes 5hrs to play a round.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I play as a single 90% of the time. I agree that the social aspect of golf is something I enjoy. I am also not a curmudgeon without people skills!

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

i get annoyed by guys who need total quiet at all times...i have seen guys who get mad because somebody yelled after holing a birdie chip or a long putt...dude get over it. or the guy who sees you in his back swing and needs you to move...jesus i am still, i am quiet and not doing anything...hit the damn ball.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by elementz

I don't mind being paired up with somebody as long as they aren't a douche...although, I am somewhat hesitant at times given the fact that I can't break 100....

I'm a hack as well, breaking 100 is a good day for me. I believe as long as you are keeping a good pace of play most people will be happy having you in their group. I play pretty fast, probably hurt my score at times as a result. I don't look for lost balls for more than a few seconds. I don't stand in the fairway or at the tee for 30 seconds griping about a bad shot. Hit the ball and move along. Be ready to hit when its your turn, be ready to putt when its your turn etc.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

This is my favorite golfer!!!!!............this is what is known as a pigeon.   This is the guy you play for $$.  I had a co-worker pigeon once back in the 1990s.  I'd hear all these grand stories about his great rounds when I wasn't playing with him.   I'd smoke him and was ready to give him more strokes, but it never failed.....he'd start telling more stories about how great he was playing (when I wasn't around) and talk himself right out of them.

.I loved playing with that guy because I always got into his pocket.  I'd always be ready to give him extra strokes, but he'd find a way to talk his way out of them.............    hahahaha

He's wanted to play for some money the first time we played together and I declined, and I ended up beating him pretty bad. He hasn't asked to play for money since, next time he does I think I will take him up on it.

How about the guy who always improves his lie regardless if he is in the rough, behind a tree or even in the fairway. And then brags to everyone about beating you......... I watched the same guy clearly hit 2 drives OB, then proceeds to tell me "I think the 2nd one is still in". Needless to say both were not even close to be in bounds, he thought I wasn't watching when he walked over and tossed in back in bounds and then proceeds to tell me scored a par!

Phillip

Let me guess, you're one of the guys in the stands at the Eagles Stadium, yelling at all the players that "YOU SUCK!!!!".

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 2521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!