IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by lllllsp1d3rllll

To tell the truth if all golfers are as stupid and immature as every one iv talked to also every one on this site, then i really don't want to golf . It would be boring to always have to go golfing by my self reason being, i would have to beat the h**** out of someone with my driver if i had to golf with these annoying people!

I think it's time to BAN this guy? Come on mods, he's only here to cause trouble.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Sandiegogo

The guy who stands right behind you when teeing off.  Super distracting..

Never bothers me as long as he is not in my wheel house. We play evenings and if someone doesn't have a good line on your ball, it is lost in the sun immediately

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't stand the type of guys that tell me their life stories or try to hand me their religious flyer to join their church. I'm there to get my handicap down to win the Masters…not to be your best friend sitting next to you on Sunday.

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

The uncalled for negative self talker:--This is the guy that says Come On!??! to himself and helicopters a one hand follow through as the ball lands in the fairway just right of center.  Then he shouts “What are you doing!!!??” after hitting his approach and the ball lands 5ft from the flag on the green. This same guy then proceeds to sigh and angrily mumble immediately after striking his putt and he makes it.

See you on the course.

Does anyone else play with a guy that can't break 100 with out hitting a few tee shots twice?  Is that guy then the same guy that calls you out if you say your score wrong by accident, not even trying to make your score better but just by accident?

It's like how can you keep track of your 110 shots and still keep track of my 85?

Originally Posted by AverageGuyGolf

Does anyone else play with a guy that can't break 100 with out hitting a few tee shots twice?  Is that guy then the same guy that calls you out if you say your score wrong by accident, not even trying to make your score better but just by accident?

It's like how can you keep track of your 110 shots and still keep track of my 85?

I'll sometimes keep track of one of my buddys score. I shoot in the 80s so its not like I'm doing it to beat him but last time I played with him I caught him on hole 1 and 2 and he stopped after that. suddenly he was better at counting.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by GlobalGolf

Then he shouts “What are you doing!!!??” after hitting his approach and the ball lands 5ft from the flag on the green. This same guy then proceeds to sigh and angrily mumble immediately after striking his putt and he makes it.

You've actually played with somebody that does this?  Aside from a couple times on TV, I've never seen anybody hit it within 5 feet and complain.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I generally play really fast and know when the courses I regularly play are pretty empty........I hate the group of guys in front of me that slow the ENTIRE COURSE down by one guy lining up his putt by plumb bobbing, viewing the putt line from 3 different angles, and then lining up an alignment mark to hit his putt............then, and only after all of that, the next guy in the group gets behind his individual ball and does this himself.....and this proceeds for all 4 guys, for all 18 holes.........OMG, get off the green and start looking at your line while the first idiot is putting.....especially if you show up in a t shirt and jeans and they let you out!!!

Driver: Adams 9064ld 6.5* w/ Oban Devotion 7 .... 281 cpm at 44"
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge xcg 4 3 wood w/ rapport blue velvet shaft

hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics cg4 17* 2 hybrid
Irons: Miura series 1957 "baby blades" w/ KBS tour shafts
Wedges: Miura: 52* wedge, 56* K grind, 59* Y grind
Putter: taylormade white smoke 35"

Originally Posted by uttexas

Playing with grumpy people that never smile/laugh. We aren't playing in the final round of the US Open for 1.2 million, so don't act like it.

yeah grumpy golf , whats the point , be  happy to be out playing

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

Originally Posted by JoelCochran

I've always tried hard not to be a golf snob.  I'm usually a single and play more than my fair share of golf with strangers, which I really enjoy.  I love meeting new people and playing with almost anyone.  "Slow guy" is definitely on my list, but most days I can deal with that.  "Cheats himself" guy doesn't really bother me either, especially since I don't bet on golf.  I'm here to play my game, I don't really care about yours.  With "Angry guy" it just depends on the kind of mood I'm in, but I've been frustrated more often than not with the insanity of golf, so I can be sympathetic. (I hate it when someone throws or breaks clubs though).

The one guy I absolutely hate is "Hit another" guy.  I don't mind if you offer a mulligan on the first hole, but after I politely decline you should take a hint.  I'm really talking about the guy who tells you to hit another on every shot that isn't perfect.  He's also the guy who walks up to your three-footer, yells "that's good!" and knocks it back to you.  I don't care if you cheat yourself, but don't encourage me to do the same and don't touch my ball while it is in play.  I never hit a mulligan, I never take a gimme, I never roll it over in the fairway.  The bad rolls are just as much a part of the game as the good ones.

no gimmes . no mulligans , if you hit a bad shot its time to test your recovery skills

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty self explanatory thread here, what things do you see that just absolutely drive you insane on the course?

My biggest annoyance is when people line up their shot forever, take way too many practice swings, and then proceed to top the ball 30 yards and start the whole process over again.  I understand the need for the swings/alignment if you're a good golfer, but if you're terrible, you're not fooling anybody with that pre-swing routine.

Another one came up when I was golfing with some friends.  A particular friend who is a bit of an idiot thought it was hilarious to run over the ball of other friends in our group with the cart.  And I mean with the tire, not just drive over the top of it.  I was absolutely shocked that he did this, and he did it multiple times throughout the round.  It took everything in me not to wrap a club around his neck! I would lump this into a general category of showing absolutely no regard for other players.

So those are my biggest ones, what about you guys/gals?

ugh - played a normally quite nice public course today and they had loaded so many people on - including a 6-some - that it took 3+ hours to get through nine holes after waiting on every shot.  They were good enough to refund our $89 greens fee which we gave them a lot of credit for but that's maybe the first time I've ever thought a golf outing just wasn't that fun.  Slow play is absolutely drives me insane.

Fellow competitor, whom i know pretty well,  asked me to be prepared to deflect or stop the ball if he should hit the shot out of the sand so poorly that the ball may sail towards the lake. Nice guy that i am i did stop the errant misguided missile but took a flying golf ball into the knee. Did the jerk offer to buy me a beer in the clubhouse afterwards? Not on your life.

What irritates me is when a person says "good shot" when I've managed to get the ball into the green wit a lousy chip/pitch, and still have 6 meters (20 feet) to the hole and absolutely no chance of scrambling. The irritating thing is that HE, as a high handicapper really and honestly thinks that my shot was a good one, because if he had made such a shot, HE would be happy.

If I ever will have a round with, say, Ernie, I'm not gonna say "nice shot" to him if he makes an approach shot from 100 meter (110 yards) and misses the green by 2 meters, a shot that I would be quite pleased with.

Me, myself and I, if you see my point.

I hate when someone says "you're alright" when I slice it into the trees. "You'll be fine there", even before the shot has landed.....I'm like dude that's in the heather or in between 7 trees...I won't be "fine"....BLAH

My pet peeve is golfers that will pickup a ball on the course that they think is lost when it is laying plain sight and clearly isn't.  Especially if it is my ball.

Butch

Note: This thread is 2522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!